186 replies to this topic

#1 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

As you may know there has been growing support for a ship that mounts a laser as its main gun.

I would suggest this http://halo.wikia.co...stealth_cruiser

Because for all we know ONI ships may be the only ones with some form of laser.

In terms of looks it should be a refit destroyer, with loads of antennae on it somewhere, The destroyer is a prime candidate because it is the same length, and it need to look really menacing, and if you are going to mount an up scaled spartan laser, you have the room from where the 2 MACs used to be.

pretty please devs? 

• MrChipps and Aunt Gruntie like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#2 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

As you may know there has been growing support for a ship that mounts a laser as its main gun.

I would suggest this http://halo.wikia.co...stealth_cruiser

Because for all we know ONI ships may be the only ones with some form of laser.

pretty please devs? 

If the ships is ONI specific I am in support of this.
Give it stealth type abilities and a pretty long range cannon. The big daddy of Prowlers. I wish i could draw, this looks awesome in my head.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#3 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

ONI specific of course. 

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#4 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

Mother of prowlers? Awesome, and yes it should be exclusive to ONI and the Spartan laser idea topps it off. As far as naming this prototype, how about the night hawk, or something else with a mysterious tone to it, like maybe a ares class assault prowler, idk but this whole concept isvery interesting.
  • xXHailStormXx likes this

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

Mother of prowlers? Awesome, and yes it should be exclusive to ONI and the Spartan laser idea topps it off. As far as naming this prototype, how about the night hawk, or something else with a mysterious tone to it, like maybe a ares class assault prowler, idk but this whole concept isvery interesting.

the origional was the point of no return, also as of 2537, another was being built.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

As far as naming this prototype, how about the night hawk, or something else with a mysterious tone to it, like maybe a ares class assault prowler, idk but this whole concept isvery interesting.

Night Hawk class? Definitely not.

I was thinking Zeus-class but perhaps it is to overt of a name. Zeus had thunder and Spartan Laser ship has a... well... laser, and so that is my reasoning.
Brontes-Class, a cyclops of Greek mythology, whose name means 'thunder.'
Hephaestus-Class, he made the thunder that Zeus used.
Astrapios-Class, whose name means "lightninger" and is apparently associated with Zeus, or another name for Zeus maybe.

• MrChipps and zaun3694 like this
Spoiler

#7 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

Donar-Class (Donar = German Thor)

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#8 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

All of those slare awesome names, but quick question, would this be the oni titan or special ship like the corvette in regular rebellion, because if this is not the titan I got a idea for one. But I'll post it when on my computer, and not mobille, too much to type :P

#9 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

Donar-Class (Donar = German Thor)

A German name for a Norse deity? Get out of here, your drunk. Greek all the way.

Also, why not just use Thor-Class?

(The UNSC used Norse naming for some things, like Mjölnir.)
Þrymja or Þórr-Class, old norse associated with thunder.

Spoiler

#10 insaene

insaene

• Contributor
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

A German name for a Norse deity? Get out of here, your drunk. Greek all the way.

Also, why not just use Thor-Class?

(The UNSC used Norse naming for some things, like Mjölnir.)
Þrymja or Þórr-Class, old norse associated with thunder.

This.

Also german mythology kicks ass

Dwarf.png

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#11 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

You're all picking names meant for battleships, think small, think fast, think something that has a big ass weapon and is sneaky.

Something like the Jason class. He took down a giant using his cunning and a sling at the time was cutting edge.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#12 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

This.
Also german mythology kicks ass

The Norse gods are Scandinavian Mythology, they were not part of the germanic tribes who were converted christians before the world even knew about pissed off vikings and their gods.

BOOM! Derailed, also spartan laser ship is an awsome idea. PEW PEW
Sweden can into gender!

#13 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

You're all picking names meant for battleships, think small, think fast, think something that has a big ass weapon and is sneaky.
Something like the Jason class. He took down a giant using his cunning and a sling at the time was cutting edge.

The 'Point of no Return' was destroyer sized and hopefully the SpLaser Ship will be Orion sized or a mix between a Thanatos and a Prowler and so be Thanatos sized.
  • Moustachio86 likes this
Spoiler

#14 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

The 'Point of no Return' was destroyer sized and hopefully the SpLaser Ship will be Orion sized or a mix between a Thanatos and a Prowler and so be Thanatos sized.

the size of a destroyer, though had the angles found onprowlers. He said it was an oxymoron; a large stealth ship.

A small ship that costs alot, but has minimum crew requirements, could make some interesting situations.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#15 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

So this would be the ONI titan? or is this the corvette? if its the corvette i have a idea for the titan. The Ragnarok class star dreadnought. About the size of infinity, has one huge splaser on the front and mini laser turrets on the sides, it defies most UNSC design, it has a main section, where the main weapon is housed, then two other identical sections on port and starboard side that are connected in the back, leaving a large hole or opening in between, this is where fighters are housed in hangers running along the ships dorsal structure, the two sections are about the same length as the main hull, the ship  is shielded by default as well these two sections hold the mini laser turrets and point defense weaponry. 

I think these principles can go onto the point of no return as well. replacing the point defense guns with the laser turrets, and these laser turrets would also fire on ships, not just fighters. 

• xXHailStormXx likes this

#16 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:14 AM

I think these principles can go onto the point of no return as well. replacing the point defense guns with the laser turrets, and these laser turrets would also fire on ships, not just fighters. 

The Point of no return is what i'm proposing, a stealth cruiser (albeit not stealth) And i propose that it be a destroyer, that had its two MACs gutted out for a laser weapon, a laser weapon that will (if possible) damage/negate shields, faster than any other ship, and its underside will be spruced up a bit to make it look a bit more stealthy.

Also what would be the point in having a Titan? ONI owns half of infinity, they only involved fleet, when Rear Admiral Saeed Shafiq (head of equipment procurement and Budgeting) found that alot of ONIs funding was seemingly going into nowhere. Not to mention a small organisation building the largest ship mankind has ever built, was a logistical nightmare on top of all the other win the war weapons. 

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#17 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

good point, part of the reason i keep trying to make up the nw titan is that i keep thinking there is a faction split, not just research. so i kept trying to find a way to avoid two infinitys fighting eachother somehow, so yes, your right just the prowler is whats needed for it. I still like the laser weapon turret idea though, it would make the cruiser "unique" with a weapon other than MACS and Archers to blow up ships with, granted the main weapon is neither of those, but still one of the things thats always bugged me about UNSC ships is that they dont have actual "guns" on there ship's save one massive one that is really like its own class of weapon. then they just use expensive equipment and pack it into thousands of missiles to home in on targets, which is rather impractical from my standpoint, when you can just use old asteroid junk, refine it to a extent, turn it into a bullet and fire it as a much cheaper cost. while there are point defense guns  those are not used against ships.

#18 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

It not a true faction split. Its research based. Which leaves a lot if option s available
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#19 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

I would actually really like to see if you guys would be able to conjure up something like this from the bowels of your creative process in order to present to the world the mightiest laser mounted weapon system known to the UNSC. Because, everyone likes laser beams.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#20 insaene

insaene

• Contributor
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

I prefer plasma....

Oh, and trains!

Dwarf.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users