• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Eliteempire

Eliteempire

The Mouth Breather

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

So what are your guys most memorable halo moment from all the games/books/live-action/ect?

Mine personal would have to be halo 3 http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QYwdeJye9d8

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - UNSC play through

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z31qnK9A6Ns Part 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36Fxu7LQ-gE Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GvGB87lwebg Part 3

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWpYkrVkiuI Part 4

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - Covenant play through coming soon

#2 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

http://www.sinsofthe...um/4-off-topic/
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#3 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Move this to Off Topic, so it's all good.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#4 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

7346331-full.jpg

Me driving of course.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

Many moment, mostly revolving around playing for the first time, but as far as games go, has to be this:

CTF, avalanche. Me, my brother and a friend playing on our team (amongst others).
Game starts and I hop onto a tank driven by my brother, we go round the long way, I get dropped off at the teleporter. I Jump into their base, grab the flag and peg it for the man cannon. Killed on the way up but the flag just about makes it. Meanwhile, my bro is defending this solitary flag, kills several people who are attempting to recover it.
Upon my re spawn, I find my friend, the idiot, trying to cram a warthog through the central shortcut. Somehow it works and we appear on the other side, by now my brother has had to retreat because the enemy tank woke up and had a pop at him. Anyway, we must have dodged enemy fire to get to the flag, in the middle of that bit of sheet ice, but he overcooks the turn and ends up with the flag on his side. I hop out to drive while he grabs the flag and jumps in the passenger seat.
Then a fuel rod blast hits us. Banshee incoming. We survive but I swear the warthog would have died from another one. As it is, plasma is pouring into our backside and we're fairly certain that's it for that life.

Then my brother reappears, smoking but victorious from his tank battle and blows the fucker out of the sky in one shot. Me and my friend cheer manically through our headsets, for some reason I scream 'NOW WE RIDE', and in another fifteen seconds we've scored. Won the round, won the game. Barely an ally in sight for the whole minute-and-a-bit that the match took.
It's not the most dramatic story but it's memorable to me. And my god was it fun to play through.
  • D4RKST0RM99 and SternuS like this

#6 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

MIne is the time spent with my brother in co-op Campaign. Surely the best memories of my life. Our co-op was perfect, we created tactics and laughed at our failed attempts to pass the level on Legendary. But eventually we always succeeded, and man, it's been funny as hell. Every single moment of co-op was like heaven for me. Thinking that I won't play co-op anymore with him or anybody for the rest of my life makes me kinda sad.

• Moustachio86 and SPECTRE like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#7 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

Why would you never play co-op with your brother again, did I miss something?

My most momorable moments will always be when me and my buddies played Halo:CE co-op with the express purpose of pissing of the gold armored elites on legendary and then run like crazy. We would take turns taking pot-shots at it to make it chase a different target, we even named it Pelle. The goal was to survive beeing chased by Pelle for as long as possible while progressing as far as possible in the level. Fun times.

Sweden can into gender!

#8 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

16 player LAN parties back when i was in the academy, we had wires running everywhere through he halls, over beds, EVERYWHERE. My bunk had a wire a couple of inches above from where i slept. They told us to unplug the wires as they were against health and safety or something like this, that or everything else. So we drilled holes through the walls so it would be. When the site management team found out when we vacated they charged us with damages. The academy ended up paying for it as they had become very slack with room inspection.

I have a memory of a fond Christmas on leave, playing halo 2 co op with my siblings. Also playing Halo 3 and reach co op with my father whenever we got leave at the same time.

They were good times.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#9 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

16 player LAN parties back when i was in the academy, we had wires running everywhere through he halls, over beds, EVERYWHERE. My bunk had a wire a couple of inches above from where i slept. They told us to unplug the wires as they were against health and safety or something like this, that or everything else. So we drilled holes through the walls so it would be. When the site management team found out when we vacated they charged us with damages. The academy ended up paying for it as they had become very slack with room inspection.
I have a memory of a fond Christmas on leave, playing halo 2 co op with my siblings. Also playing Halo 3 and reach co op with my father whenever we got leave at the same time.
They were good times.

Bundled cables causing health concerns? bleh... what is the world coming to?

Now if you had RF coax right above you transmitting >50 watts, that would be dangerous...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#10 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

Bundled cables causing health concerns? bleh... what is the world coming to?

Now if you had RF coax right above you transmitting >50 watts, that would be dangerous...

Shock isn't the only source of health concerns. I'd assume you mean the amount of current since Watts is no indication of how dangerous something is.

Probably due to the threat of possibly lighting the room on fire due to sheer amount of resistance and heat caused by having that wires plugged in such a small space. Either that or blowing a fuse.

Not to mention the Academy doesn't want to liable for someone tripping over the bloody things. 

#11 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

More than half the time, British health and safety is just something you would normally look at and go 'just be careful'. Seriously, I've needed to do a risk assessment for sailing a dinghy which included death by strangulation and decapitation. They would not let you go out on the water if you didn't identify that. 

• SPECTRE likes this

#12 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

The main problem was tripping over the wires.

More than half the time, British health and safety is just something you would normally look at and go 'just be careful'. Seriously, I've needed to do a risk assessment for sailing a dinghy which included death by strangulation and decapitation. They would not let you go out on the water if you didn't identify that. 

We had to fill out health and safety when i was on deployment. Its a fucking war for Christs sake. Not for stuff like doging RPGs, stuff like non regulation socks have to have a certain tensile strength.

• Moustachio86 likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#13 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Best Halo moment by far was definitely when me and my friend were playing Halo 2, the mission on Delta Halo, my friends driving the tank and we're at the part where you are forced to go on foot, as there are a ton of those deployable cover shields, about 10 of them all in a row.

Anyway I told my friend to ditch the tank, telling him he wasn't getting past them and you still have to get out after that anyways. Undeterred he pushed ahead trying to drive over them. Meanwhile I'm staring at two marines who were just dropped off by pelican and one was standing on top of the other while the bottom one was running around just fine.

Then my friend just starts laughing uncontrollably and I start getting confused when I look at his screen. Basically his tank was flying faster and faster and faster spinning out of control, still going faster, flying through the air. It was amazing. And then he exploded.

What basically happened was while my friend was trying to drive over the shields the regenerated while he was on top of them, no biggy, the shields just die immediately. But for some reason I guess about halfway across the game physics freaked out and decided to throw the tank into oblivion. Subsequent attempts yielded disappointing results.

Later in the same level while riding the gondolas we were trying to take down 2 banshees with 3 rockets on Legendary, as, due to my ineptitude, I fired one rocket and missed and then the game checkpointed, basically giving us the biggest middle finger ever as you need, NEED 2 rockets per banshee. We were stuck there for about an hour or so, but we made it past eventually.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

The main problem was tripping over the wires.

Oh, well that makes more sense.
The amount of RFI from bundled ethernet cables (presumably what he's talking about) is minimal, probably less than the ambient RFI from cell networks and stuff like that.
@Rovert: I'm talking radio output power which is generally measured in watts. I don't even think there are numbers for current/voltage from transceiver outputs, although if you really wanted to, you could probably figure it out.
#define true false

Spoiler

#15 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

@Rovert: I'm talking radio output power which is generally measured in watts. I don't even think there are numbers for current/voltage from transceiver outputs, although if you really wanted to, you could probably figure it out.

So a Radio is somehow dangerous if you pushed it past 50 Watts???

That's a first I've heard of such a thing unless you're talking about that theory that it somehow causes cancer from low frequency ones... 

#16 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

So a Radio is somehow dangerous if you pushed it past 50 Watts???
That's a first I've heard of such a thing unless you're talking about that theory that it somehow causes cancer from low frequency ones...

Depending on the frequency, it's unwise to be near coax at specific power levels. There's an FCC reg on this somewhere, but it's too well hidden for me to find with a preliminary Google search... Coax leaks RF like crazy, so especially high power UHF coax lines can be... hazardous to someone's health. Long term exposure is probably unwise too, assuming the power level is anything above 50...
The cancer thing is completely unproven... that's completely silly...

It's definitely not a good idea to stand near the antenna at high power levels... at the worst, you might get arcing if you're close enough. You'll still have a ton of RF energy blasting through you...
#define true false

Spoiler

#17 Rovert10

Rovert10

Balance Team

• Mod Staff
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

So essentially it's like not standing next to your microwave when they were first introduced to the public. Pretty sure people had to vacate the room every time at some point they used the thing due to fear of being blasted by microwaves.

Even now it still isn't really much of a good idea...

#18 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

So essentially it's like not standing next to your microwave when they were first introduced to the public. Pretty sure people had to vacate the room every time at some point they used the thing due to fear of being blasted by microwaves.

Even now it still isn't really much of a good idea...

Pretty much, yeah. Slightly lower frequency bands, but yeah.
#define true false

Spoiler

#19 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Radios? Microwaves? Why not toasters?

22380_screenshots_2013-04-19_00001-1.jpg

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#20 Eliteempire

Eliteempire

The Mouth Breather

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Radios? Microwaves? Why not toasters?

22380_screenshots_2013-04-19_00001-1.jpg

I said halo, Not fallout New vegas DLC good sir.

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - UNSC play through

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=z31qnK9A6Ns Part 1

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=36Fxu7LQ-gE Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GvGB87lwebg Part 3

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QWpYkrVkiuI Part 4

Sins of the Prophet's Let's Player - Covenant play through coming soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users