• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

It technically might seem like larger raids. But the chances are it is just several raids landing all at once.

What happens is that your entire empire comes under continuous attack by the flood.

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#142 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/kodasa_sinclair/
  • LocationA magical place with magical charms.

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:28 AM

What happens is that your entire empire comes under continuous attack by the flood.

Because you let them snowball which is bad.

Lets say the flood hold Planet A and Planet B and you are on planet C. You defeat the first raid as it arrives on your borders, then the second, larger raid arrives and you defeat that as well. Raid A having come from planet A by way of planet B is weaker from having to take over planet B. Then Raid B arrives at full force because it came straight to your planet C.

If both of those raids are destroyed, will Planets A and B respawn raids and send them at you constantly. Or will you be able to simply remove control of A and B from the flood at your own casual pace without fear of them coming again. (In this hypothetical situation it is purely the 3 planets, no others in consideration.)

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

#143 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

Because you let them snowball which is bad.

Lets say the flood hold Planet A and Planet B and you are on planet C. You defeat the first raid as it arrives on your borders, then the second, larger raid arrives and you defeat that as well. Raid A having come from planet A by way of planet B is weaker from having to take over planet B. Then Raid B arrives at full force because it came straight to your planet C.

If both of those raids are destroyed, will Planets A and B respawn raids and send them at you constantly. Or will you be able to simply remove control of A and B from the flood at your own casual pace without fear of them coming again. (In this hypothetical situation it is purely the 3 planets, no others in consideration.)

From what I understand they only get a new raid when they recapture or capture a planet. So no, only after the timer goes off after the initial raid.
  • wolfie615 likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#144 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

From what I understand they only get a new raid when they recapture or capture a planet. So no, only after the timer goes off after the initial raid.

So they're easy, as long as there isn't too many planets between you and them. Or as long as you have Anchor stations.

"We're talking about moving objects from point "A" to point "C" by way of point "B". Point "B" being a fold in the space-time continuum."

#145 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:10 AM

So they're easy, as long as there isn't too many planets between you and them. Or as long as you have Anchor stations.

and a lotta Stalwarts and Athens

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#146 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

Athens

Athens are a joke.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#147 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

Athens are a joke.

Have to agree on that one. Used them once. Not bothered again. A couple of Thermopylae can handle the duty of a group of Athens carriers. Orion cruisers is where my money goes.

#148 wolfie615

wolfie615

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:15 PM

and a lotta Stalwarts and Athens

With the current anchor stations, since they were given a Mac and Mini-mac + Nukes, a fully upgraded one can handle the flood on its own, especially if you have Auxiliary government on it. Then they HAVE to throw themselves at it before they can claim your system, and it can't be infected so... Unless there is a LOT of them, the anchor will hold its own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users