• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

New maps!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: New maps! (24 member(s) have cast votes)

What new map would you like to see?

1. A smaller map depicting the battle of Requiem and fighting for its control. (9 votes [31.03%])

Percentage of vote: 31.03%

2. A 2v2 with the Covenant invading Sol and Epsilon Eridani, Teamwork will be crucial for both sides! (11 votes [37.93%])

Percentage of vote: 37.93%

3. A map based around the Great Schism, this would be a team based map located deep in Covenant Space. (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

4. I have my own map idea that I have posted below (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:38 PM

So everyone, with the new planets in game now we have been afforded the outstanding opportunity to make more SotP themed maps with more depth and strategic viability than ever before. Two maps have been made so far utilizing these concepts, but we would like to squeeze in at least one more before the next release.

These are the maps being added as of this writing:

SotP: Will of the Gods

A map based upon the war between the Covenant and Humanity, players will fight in a 3v3 clash for supremacy all the way from Harvest to Earth utilizing anything at there disposal. Its up to the players whether they want to reenact canon, or take it on as a competition. The choice is yours, but I am very confident you will all enjoy this map!

Map starting positions

Spoiler

SotP: Post War Conflicts (WIP at this writing)

This map places you in the heart of the War torn UNSC or the newly uprising Covenant Remnant. Post War Conflicts is based all upon FFA, or using diplomatic actions to rise to the top of the ever changing galaxy. So far this has 6 players, the UNSC, Jul’ Mdama’s Faction, Covenant Loyalists, the Covenant Separatists, Jackals and Brutes.

Starting Positons for Post War Confilicts

Spoiler

The fun doesn't end there though! Vote in the poll above and tell us what other maps you would like to see! Most popular map will be thrown into production by yours truly :D 

• Unikraken, SternuS and Rocket1615 like this

#2 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

I have a linear lore campaign map, Just waiting on the new release so i can get the GSD. (Also trying to figure out if i can spawn a starbase in GF)

The second one sounds like "to galaxy" i distributed a while back. The 5 player map with covenant remnant, Arbiters faction, brutes and insurrectionists surround the faction of earth, where diplomacy is key, because earth gets the initial advantage, but once diplomacy kicks in, its a 2 Vs 3 match.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#3 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

This map simulates the beginning of the UNSC's and Covenant Empire's expansion. I have almost all major known Halo planets in here. There are over a dozen star systems, each containing lore-based planets. There are also shield worlds, but good luck getting to them. There are also Halos. This map is 1v1 only and can be played with either AI or a player. 

https://docs.google....VdteEVKSzQ/edit

• SPECTRE likes this
SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#4 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

Just edited the post with pictures of the starting positions

And SPECTRE, I remember you talking about that a while back, and I assure you this map is different, it uses more canon star placement rather than competitive placement. Another thing I should mention, the Post War conflicts  map is more like a "alternate" to Will of the gods. It includes several more stars (with special little surprises, for those who dare), and a heavier emphasis on a strategic war rather than a simple "push forward and obliterate everything" like will of the gods.

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Just edited the post with pictures of the starting positions

And SPECTRE, I remember you talking about that a while back, and I assure you this map is different, it uses more canon star placement rather than competitive placement. Another thing I should mention, the Post War conflicts  map is more like a "alternate" to Will of the gods. It includes several more stars (with special little surprises, for those who dare), and a heavier emphasis on a strategic war rather than a simple "push forward and obliterate everything" like will of the gods.

I believe you. Multi star maps, and XYZ coordinates do my head in so i focus on single star maps.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

IMHO, the Sol/Eridani map would be the best choice. Allows you to focus more on a single thing and get it right.

• SPECTRE and Cole Protocol like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#7 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Oh that reminds me I have an accurate epsilon eridani on one of my drives if anyone would like to use that as a starting point.

It may be better to Wait until next update, see what goodies we get in terms of planets.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#8 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

SPECTRE, I'm really thankful for your offer, but I'd have to decline, your old maps don't include the new planets and they'd have to be totally redone, so I am afraid I cannot include them as it would be less effort to simply make anew. But again, the effort is appreciated.

#9 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

SPECTRE, I'm really thankful for your offer, but I'd have to decline, your old maps don't include the new planets and they'd have to be totally redone, so I am afraid I cannot include them as it would be less effort to simply make anew. But again, the effort is appreciated.

That was an Anyone, as in anyone on this forum, not just aimed at ye.

I did say i was waiting on the update to update the map.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#10 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

With only 10 easy payments of $9.99 these can be yours.

BUT WAIT THAT'S NOT ALL!!!

Order within the next 10 minutes and get the next map for free!

These maps are not for sale. If you suffer, or are likely to suffer from epileptic seizures then you should use these maps. Caution, Hot when heated up, use with caution. Side effects may include but are not limited to : nausea, vomiting, severe stomach pain, migraines, drowsiness, uncontrollable explosive diarrhea, skin cancer, fits of rage, reverse breathing, stroke, shortness of breath, bladder infection, skin rashes, hair loss, loss of limbs, stomach cramps, and in rare cases death.  Do not drive or operate large machinery after using these maps. Use only as directed. 

• Defender0, MrChipps, SPECTRE and 3 others like this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#11 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

First 3 options please, going to post a breakdown of the map test, covenant start to Will of the Gods is lookin good so far, sanghelios and joyus exaltation was a nice surprise.
  • Cole Protocol likes this

#12 CQBEXPT

CQBEXPT

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationA meth lab

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

I just wish i could play these maps, no DLC is best life.

• SternuS likes this
Posted Image

#13 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

I'd like to see the Schism-related map.

• SPECTRE and Cole Protocol like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#14 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

I'd like to see the Schism-related map.

Covenant on covenant? That'ed be pretty sweet actually.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#15 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

Covenant on covenant? That'ed be pretty sweet actually.

I'm hoping for a loyalist and seperatist tech trees. Kind of like the ONI and UNSC trees.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#16 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

I'm hoping for a loyalist and seperatist tree. Kind of like the ONI and UNSC trees.

I think thats still in the works, or being decided, devs have changed there mind from different factions to separating research several times now.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I think thats still in the works, or being decided, devs have changed there mind from different factions to separating research several times now.

no, its been pretty consistant on a research tree thing.

#18 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

So everyone, the first version of SotP: The Great Schism. Is now in testing. Lots of stars in this WIP version of the map and I'm hoping to refine it slightly, will give you guys screenies of the map as soon as I feel a comfortable "mold" of the map has been completed.

I plan to also begin work on the 2v2 Sol and Eridani map very soon   :D

• SternuS likes this

#19 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

Will of the Gods is horribly linear. You end up getting funneled into an asteroid and a flood world with 30 guardians. No bueno. Unless I missed something, that's a little ehh for balance. 

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Will of the Gods is horribly linear. You end up getting funneled into an asteroid and a flood world with 30 guardians. No bueno. Unless I missed something, that's a little ehh for balance. 

just tried this map 3 times... on one of my tries... lets just say there was a massive UNSC vs Covenant stalemate at the asteroid. As UNSC i could not break through even after setting my 2 AI allies to vicious aggressors (aka, kill everything mode). Needs a bit of tweaking...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users