• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

New member with a few Suggestions/Questions.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

I am incredibly impressed by the work and effort taken into this and how good it really is!  I just had a few questions and feel free to answer them, not answer them, or whatever you would like to do.  I understand you and everyone there must be really busy and I can understand that.  I was curious if you were going to add a third playable race, be it flood or forerunner?  I read you were going to put in forerunner but I wasn't sure if they were going to be playable or not.  Does your team plan on adding a covenant voice over?  Currently they use the visari voice pack, their voice is the only reason I can't play them.  ***On a side note, I personally feel the Advent would have been more "realistic" I guess is a way to put it, for the covenant than the visari considering the advent highly favor shields over armor and they use plasma, laser, and beam weapons which all coincides with the covenant.  Also being that the advent and covenant are the "religious nuts" of the universe.  I could understand saving the advent for the forerunner considering their "psionic" powers as a form of... forerunner tech of sorts.  I still feel the advent would have been a better choice but i digress because what you have done is fantastic.***   I also wanted to inquire if you were going to add some sort of "titan" to each faction?  I think this is almost essential but I would have to do some research into how to make it a real option that is viable and the like.  Last thing I am curious about is whether or not you will be adding the "loyalist/rebel" aspect.  I feel this could be done and very effectively at that.  Example; Covenant have "The Prophet of Regret ~ More focus on planetary glassing, culture spread, more effective vs UNSC?" and "The Arbiter ~ More focus on fleet and combat, some sort of damage buff with long cool down (like The arbiters "rage" ability), more effective vs Covenant & Forerunner?

#2 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

*** Note I know they have said they were avoiding the Super carrier and the like but are they ditching titans entirely?  I have a few ideas and i am sure they have been discussed but I haven't seen anything relevant to the subjects I posted.  So if i could be pointed in the right direction or something that would be greatly appreciated

#3 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Take alook at the comment on Moddb. I don't feel like typing it up again.

Now for the previously ship, that ship will not be added into the mod. Before you say how perfectly it would fill in as a titan we already have a ship designated from the lore, the Covenant Battleship ( link to the page on halo.wikia: http://halo.wikia.co...nant_battleship ).

"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#4 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Take alook at the comment on Moddb. I don't feel like typing it up again.

Now for the previously ship, that ship will not be added into the mod. Before you say how perfectly it would fill in as a titan we already have a ship designated from the lore, the Covenant Battleship ( link to the page on halo.wikia: http://halo.wikia.co...nant_battleship ).

I am sorry.  i didn't realize there was a forum until after I made the post and that is my fault I do sincerely apologize.  I don't feel the super carrier would be a viable titan as well.  I hope i didn't implement that it would be.  I didn't mean to cross lines or step on toes.  I love what you guys are doing and am really excited for more!

Is there anything in the "idea book" as far as the loyalist/rebel thing?  I was spit-balling with a friend some really neat ideas and we currently still are.   Would you guys be open so suggestions in regards to that?

#5 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I am sorry. i didn't realize there was a forum until after I made the post and that is my fault I do sincerely apologize. I don't feel the super carrier would be a viable titan as well. I hope i didn't implement that it would be. I didn't mean to cross lines or step on toes. I love you guys are doing and am really excited for more!

Is there anything in the "idea book" as far as the loyalist/rebel thing? I was spit-balling with a friend some really neat ideas and we currently still are. Would you guys be open so suggestions in regards to that?

No, they're already using split research trees.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#6 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Actually it was more like 40 or more MACs all of the battle groups archers and all of their nukes. Thats how much firepower it took to kill the damn thing.
  • SPECTRE likes this
Spoiler

#7 con7con

con7con

Authorized Playtester

• Contributor
  • 260 posts
  • Steam:Con7con
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

To answer two of your questions. Yes, I believe the forerunner faction is currently being worked on with some of their ships already in the game as neutrals. In regards to covenant voice work they will eventually have new voices, as evidenced by the grunt voice contest in the same section as this thread.

Spoiler

#8 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

SPECTRE and Defender your posts have been deleted they were off topic and ultimately part of a pointless argument.
  • con7con likes this
Spoiler

#9 D4RKST0RM99

D4RKST0RM99

There's a DarkStorm coming Mr. Canadaman...

• Authorized Playtester
  • 961 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Actually it was more like 40 or more MACs all of the battle groups archers and all of their nukes. Thats how much firepower it took tobkill the damn thing.

And defender he is saying the the name was fucking stupid because well let's face it, Who the fuck names a ship a super destroyer.

christopher-1-april-14.jpg

Someone say SUPER?

#10 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Ok cool.  I am glad to hear all that. 

#11 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

No, they're already using split research trees.

might you explain that to me more.  Not sure i understand what would stop them from doing a loyalist/rebel thing.  Shed some light on this matter and give me a little education on it please?

#12 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

might you explain that to me more.  Not sure i understand what would stop them from doing a loyalist/rebel thing.  Shed some light on this matter and give me a little education on it please?

They want it to feel immersive, so about halfway through the tree, you can research Brute/Elite or Military Industrial Complex/ONI
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#13 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Oh so it isn't something implemented yet?  or is it and i am just not noticing it?

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Oh so it isn't something implemented yet?  or is it and i am just not noticing it?

The loyalist/rebel split is indeed not implemented, intentionally so.

We're splitting it by the tech tree - allowing you to choose a faction midway through the game. This is intentional and will not be changed...
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#15 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Well that actually has not been decided yet...
Spoiler

#16 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Weren't the Sangheili and Jiralhanae already mostly divided anyhow? I'm fairly sure fleets were never mixed, and if then only at large scale invasions (Reach being the only one I can recall) You could make it so Elites get better stat bonuses for their ships while being more expensive, reflecting them not knowing how to repair anything and only taking the highest quality, while Brutes build faster an are much cheaper while having not-as-good stats. Rapid Conversion I think was a prime example of a Brute ship, and the Battle of Installation 00 an example of the Elite's superiority in naval tactics. Of course, this could be just as easily done through research.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#17 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

I was thinking something like I said earlier and I know I am kind of sticking with Halo wars here but you could have for the UNSC Capt. Cutter with "Sergeant Forge" upgrade line which does some planetary bombardment buffs within range of titan maybe?  And then a "Prof. Anders" upgrade line increasing effectiveness against covie.  

I am just spit-balling here and obviously I am not 100% on what the limitations are as far as coding and the like for new or modding current upgrades to do these things.

If this seems like a cool idea, I am sure there are more, better options to chose from like Admiral Whitcomb, Capt. Keyes, Lord Hood or one of the many others.  All depends on the timeline and the like.

#18 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

I was thinking something like I said earlier and I know I am kind of sticking with Halo wars here but you could have for the UNSC Capt. Cutter with "Sergeant Forge" upgrade line which does some planetary bombardment buffs within range of titan maybe?  And then a "Prof. Anders" upgrade line increasing effectiveness against covie.  

I am just spit-balling here and obviously I am not 100% on what the limitations are as far as coding and the like for new or modding current upgrades to do these things.

If this seems like a cool idea, I am sure there are more, better options to chose from like Admiral Whitcomb, Capt. Keyes, Lord Hood or one of the many others.  All depends on the timeline and the like.

I think they're limited to 2 subfactions per faction. The timeline spans from 2524 - 2558 as of now. We'll see what happens with Halo from here on out before making any further additions. The factions would have to have enough distinct differences to actually necessitate making a new faction, as that is a lot of work. Also, realize the team does this for free and while they want the mod to be complete, I'm sure they want to take the path of least resistance. I don't think just "bombardment increase" alone is any were near enough to facilitate a new faction.
  • Demosthenes likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 Demosthenes

Demosthenes

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Personally I don't see much point in creating completely distinct subfactions.  A split research tree is sufficient.  It allows movement through the timeline during a game instead of just starting out as a specific subfaction.

#20 Jflickinger_65

Jflickinger_65

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I Understand they are doing it for free and that is perfectly fine.  I am not demanding things happen and am just happy to see that something like this even exists.  I simply used bombardment increase as an example.  There are other more versatile options.  I could see some sort of dual factions where it increases effectiveness vs other factions.  Like Cutter or Keyes gets a buff vs Covie since they are the enemy they fought.  Then a post Halo 3 Admiral, capt. etc etc is stronger vs the forerunner faction whence it get up and running.  may not fully follow a time-frame but would be a cool and neat concept.  I can help in anyway I can.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users