#1 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

Now that v.0.56.41820 is release come tell us what you think. What did you love? What did you hate? What do you think should change? So on and so forth.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 ElOscar24

ElOscar24

Crewman

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

This mod has had a HUGE and amazing upgrade. Here are the things that I love and the things that I hate.

I fucking love the new soundtrack. The new songs sound bigger and more diverse, giving you this feeling of the vast emptiness of space. The new voices for the ships and fighters are cool. Space banshees and new ship designs are fantastic. The newly textured planets are just fucking beautiful, the detail put into them is just outstanding. Splash damage is more noticeable and does a surprising amount of damage which is great when dealing with huge fleets of enemy ships. The Covenant Titan feature is a sweet addition. The cost of research and ships have gone down which is good for people who want to build their economy up. But as I said before, my favorite addition is the music. It's just unbelievable and mesmerizing, I listen to it whenever I'm taking screenshots because I like that vast empty feeling you get when you look into space. My favorite track would be the one with the violins the sounds like wisps from Brave.

Ok, if I had to nitpick I guess it would be the shrunken THERMOPYLAE. I dont know, I guess I just got used to the bigger one. Im sure theres a few more but I'm sure other people with get to them.

This mod and its team is just fantastic for making the time to crate this masterpiece.

• Waseem Faraz Butt likes this

#3 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:36 AM

Somethings wrong with the GSD and/or the maps. "failed to load GSD" however when i use galforge it has all content in place, suggesting the maps and/or GSD are incompatible.

Found the fault for 3v3, it has to many randoms.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#4 Stephan-338

Stephan-338

Former Lead Playtester

• Inactive Staff
  • 739 posts
  • Steam:Stephan-338
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

3v3 works as well

Posted Image

#5 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Well personally I love the maps.

Suggestions for 1vs1 are welcome.

U can always create your own maps and share them with your friends.

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#6 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

I know i know, i'm in galforge now coming up with some better maps. How is 17 stars and 129 planets a medium map?

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#7 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

I know i know, i'm in galforge now coming up with some better maps. How is 17 stars and 129 planets a medium map?

Trust me, you aren't the only ones that had issues with this. Although, it's obvious you haven't even touched the maps, considering there are no actual connections to stars so you have to use phase lanes to get around. Cole just wanted his canon maps in for whatever reason.
Also, the maps aren't classified by what they are put in (pertaining to map size). They just got shoved wherever.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

Also, the maps aren't classified by what they are put in (pertaining to map size). They just got shoved wherever.

Sins classifies maps based on the total number of players they have.

• SPECTRE likes this

#9 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Um I think we PTs should leave this forum for the members that aren't PTs, since this is about a public release.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#10 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Um I think we PTs should leave this forum for the members that aren't PTs, since this is about a public release.

I was answering a question. Chill out.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

He does have a valid point.

Playtesters sometimes forget that the playtester version and public version are different, i seem to remember one playtester seeming to forget that a certain thing (i can't remember) was not in the public release and made an arse of themselves.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

I wasn't talking to you specifically, or I would've quoted you.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#13 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Oh i forgot to mention i love the new skyboxes (until crash), cheers max.

and mobius is showing me the icons, they look neat.

Oh and GSD is cleared up, i like that.

<edit> My brother fixed his by running steam and SOASE as admin. Still nada for me.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#14 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm having trouble running 0.56, whenever I enable it I get a base Rebellion loading screen and I appear to still be on base Rebellion. I have re-downloaded the mod.

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#15 Antigeist

Antigeist

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I, for one, love the changes to the shields. Things like the Super Destroyer and Assault Carrier can now appropriately helicopter-dick across the battlefield as long as they're not taking sustained, concentrated fire. Their shield recharge is so high that you can't just nickle and dime them to death. It makes the investment into them feel worth it. Provided you don't charge them into the very beginning of a battle and let your sub-capitals take the initial brunt of the attack, Assault Carriers and the Super Destroyer are now very hard to kill.

The new DDS model is awesome, as are the new Banshees. I love the new laser effect, too. At first I thought all my frigates now had energy projectors.

If I remember correctly, it seems as though the overall health and shields of the CCS has been reduced, and that's probably a fair change given the strength of the Assault Carrier and SD now. Particularly the Super Destroyer with however many bank targets it has. I had more than a couple occasions where a CAS or SD was taking on a bunch of Paris and Thanatos by itself and it gobbled them up. The increased recharge on the larger ships, even the DDS, also has the effect of making missiles almost useless against shields, requiring you to knock down shields with MAC rounds. I assume that was intentional and it has the convenient by-product of keeping to canon.

As far as new changes, I don't really have any complaints. The only things I'm still waiting for are non-placeholder models for the Adjudicator and SD and better implementation of abilities for Covenant capital ships. The Assault Carrier and SD in particular are pretty boring in that regard. But I know the abilities have been a subject of continued debate and it's not something you guys aren't aware of.

The last thing is that I have a really hard time justifying Adjudicators to myself in general. They're by far the most fragile capital- even more fragile than a CCS- they cost a significant amount, and they're the most supply-intensive of all the capitals. Any time I build them, they tend to get head-shotted very early into the battle and their efficacy is questionable. Undoubtedly they do great single target damage, and it's almost essential to have one for the damage-propagation passive. The Adjudicator already has pretty huge downsides in that: (1) from what I can tell, it can only target one ship at a time with its single weapon; (2) it has no fighter support; (3) it's costly, for both resources and supply; and (4) by the time you unlock it, fleet size has grown to the point where a glass-cannon, single target ship kind of gets drowned out by the fact that there are dozens and dozens of ships on the field. I'm not looking at numbers right now, but if I had to guess, I'd wager that if I was to make ratios of resource cost:hull/shield hp and supply cost:hull/shield hp, the Adjudicator would probably be at the bottom of the barrel for Covenant ships.

It doesn't seem like balance would be that upset by making it a little more tankier, maybe in line with DDS or somewhere between  the DDS and the SD. Even if their hp/shields were increased, they're still single target ships with one weapon that require 2.5x as much supply as a DDS while costing muuuuuch more and they cost 10 more supply than a CAS while having considerably less overall hp and weaponry and lacking strike craft support. In other words, making the Adjudicator tougher wouldn't make me more inclined to build them instead of a DDS or CAS, but when I do build them they might occasionally live through a battle. It would still have a very niche role. 

It might also be possible to give the Adjudicator some added strength through different abilities. Perhaps in-system slip space jumps. You could have several, move them into range and once they've fired, jump them out of harm's way while the energy projectors cycle, at which point they could close range and fire again. I don't know, it's just an idea. But my general feeling at this point is that you're better off just building DDS and CAS-class and largely ignoring the the Adjudicator.

Edit: Alternatively, maybe a long-range, high single-target damage ship is the wrong niche for the speed of the mod. Maybe there's a better role for the Adjudicator, I just don't know what it is.

Also, as I'm thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen the "Test of Faith" ability that the CAS has actually fire. Does it even work?

• Unikraken, SternuS and Unleashed like this

#16 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

I'm having trouble running 0.56, whenever I enable it I get a base Rebellion loading screen and I appear to still be on base Rebellion. I have re-downloaded the mod.

Open up the SOTP file, double click and you'll see another SOTP file. Take it out of the SOTP file and put her in the mod folder. Then enable via the .txt.

If the problem persists download from this link. http://www.nexusmods...es/?id=13&pUp=1

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

The last thing is that I have a really hard time justifying Adjudicators to myself in general. They're by far the most fragile capital- even more fragile than a CCS- they cost a significant amount, and they're the most supply-intensive of all the capitals. Any time I build them, they tend to get head-shotted very early into the battle and their efficacy is questionable. Undoubtedly they do great single target damage, and it's almost essential to have one for the damage-propagation passive. The Adjudicator already has pretty huge downsides in that: (1) from what I can tell, it can only target one ship at a time with its single weapon; (2) it has no fighter support; (3) it's costly, for both resources and supply; and (4) by the time you unlock it, fleet size has grown to the point where a glass-cannon, single target ship kind of gets drowned out by the fact that there are dozens and dozens of ships on the field. I'm not looking at numbers right now, but if I had to guess, I'd wager that if I was to make ratios of resource cost:hull/shield hp and supply cost:hull/shield hp, the Adjudicator would probably be at the bottom of the barrel for Covenant ships.

It doesn't seem like balance would be that upset by making it a little more tankier, maybe in line with DDS or somewhere between  the DDS and the SD. Even if their hp/shields were increased, they're still single target ships with one weapon that require 2.5x as much supply as a DDS while costing muuuuuch more and they cost 10 more supply than a CAS while having considerably less overall hp and weaponry and lacking strike craft support. In other words, making the Adjudicator tougher wouldn't make me more inclined to build them instead of a DDS or CAS, but when I do build them they might occasionally live through a battle. It would still have a very niche role. 

It might also be possible to give the Adjudicator some added strength through different abilities. Perhaps in-system slip space jumps. You could have several, move them into range and once they've fired, jump them out of harm's way while the energy projectors cycle, at which point they could close range and fire again. I don't know, it's just an idea. But my general feeling at this point is that you're better off just building DDS and CAS-class and largely ignoring the the Adjudicator.

keep in mind that the adjudicator, aka the supercruiser, is the only covenant ship that can outrange SMACs. they are essential for destroying UNSC defenses without zerg rushing the SMACs

#18 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

keep in mind that the adjudicator, aka the supercruiser, is the only covenant ship that can outrange SMACs. they are essential for destroying UNSC defenses without zerg rushing the SMACs

Actually fighter and carrier spam.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#19 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

Actually fighter and carrier spam.

thats zerg rushing, just with fighters instead of ships. and against a smart UNSC player, fighters will be destroyed quickly

#20 Antigeist

Antigeist

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

thats zerg rushing, just with fighters instead of ships. and against a smart UNSC player, fighters will be destroyed quickly

The problem is, with a fleet of CCS, and some DDS, and CAS, you can have so many seraphs that they can alpha an SMAC platform easily. I've been having all my CCS sport fighters while my capitals use seraphs. A UNSC player might pepper in hangars and Stalwarts to provide AAA cover, but there's no way you can provide enough AAA cover to prevent a horde of 30-40+ squadrons of seraphs from running roughshod over a lot of your SMAC defenses in a very short amount of time. Even if you can't take out all of the SMAC platforms before your bombers are chewed up by AAA, you can always jump out and let your strikecraft regenerate; it'll take less time than it takes the debuff on newly-constructed SMACs to clear.

• Unikraken, SPECTRE and Rocket1615 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users