#1 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

CAS Type-I Assault Carrier

Description: The Prophet Hierarchs rarely left the safety of High Charity, however when they did they utilized one of their personalized CAS-class Assault Carriers.  These vessels differ little in appearance from their slightly smaller cousin, but have far greater shields and numerous energy projectors.

Abilities: 

Ability1: Crippling Blow

Description: Vessel fires all of its energy projectors disabling any ship hit by it and increasing weapon cooldowns.

Ability2: Overpowered Shot

Description: All other weapon systems have increased cooldown in exchange for a 5 second cooldown on Energy Projectors (when combined with Crippling blow can be really OP. 

Ability3: Shield Diversion

Description: All weapon systems are shut down, engines are slowed down and diverted to shields.

Ability4: Slipspace Grid access

Description: The Hierarch has Level-0 access to the slipspace grid allowing him to call in reinforcements from distant worlds across the Empire.  

Ability5: Sermon

Description: The Hierarch (The Arbiter in the Sangheili research option) delivers a sermon across the battlenet increasing morale and boosting combat effectiveness across the gravity well and decreasing combat effectiveness of enemy vessels.

Ability6: Forerunner alloy

Description: Vessel has been reinforced with a forerunner alloy boosting shield effectiveness and repair rates.

Tell me what you all think.

• Unikraken likes this

#2 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

pls no.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#3 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

pls no.

Care to elaborate?

#4 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Some of the ships look too much alike.

I mean frigates, fair do's. Nothing you can do about that. But phoenix, phoenix assault and Athens is confusing as hell anyway.

Same goes for the Vernators in Soge, confusing as hell.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#5 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Some of the ships look too much alike.

I mean frigates, fair do's. Nothing you can do about that. But phoenix, phoenix assault and Athens is confusing as hell anyway.

Same goes for the Vernators in Soge, confusing as hell.

Fair, what do you think of the abilities though?  (Also we should be glad they didn't take the canon assumption with the DDS)

#6 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Fair, what do you think of the abilities though?  (Also we should be glad they didn't take the canon assumption with the DDS)

Depends what buffs they do.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#7 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'll I am going to say on this is that we already have a titian for the Covenant. One that matches what it did in canon and is very very useful in game. As such it will not change. Good day.

• haseo yashimora likes this
"Japan received freedom so hard it was atomizing." -VDNKh
Spoiler

#8 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

Though there is already a Titan (which is WIP), I like the abilities. Maybe give 'em to the CAS? Since it costs more both in research and production, it would be fair to give it some abilities.

• Lord Stark likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#9 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

I'll I am going to say on this is that we already have a titian for the Covenant. One that matches what it did in canon and is very very useful in game. As such it will not change. Good day.

Titan should be the largest and strongest ship in the fleet no?  Battleship doesn't even come close.

#10 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Titan should be the largest and strongest ship in the fleet no?  Battleship doesn't even come close.

Biggest isn't necessarily the best.

• Defender0 and MrChipps like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#11 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Titan should be the largest and strongest ship in the fleet no? Battleship doesn't even come close.

It is the strongest it is fully capable of taking down 50 to 60 UNSC ships and for size the covenant don't feel the need to compensate unlike someone on this thread...
  • Defender0, MrChipps, haseo yashimora and 3 others like this
Spoiler

#12 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Biggest isn't necessarily the best.

No but considering that the megalomaniacs known as the Hierarchs only left High Charity in one of two types of vessels one of which is ungodly large, speaks wonders about the CAS. 

It is the strongest it is fully capable of taking down 50 to 60 UNSC ships and for size the covenant don't feel the need to compensate unlike someone on this thread...

1.  It was 40 UNSC ships.

2. It only inflicted 12 casualties

3. 2 CAS and 13 battlecruisers took on the home fleet and shrugged off SMAC rounds.  

4. Actually the Covies do typically use their largest ships as flagships.  The Class-Five Flagship Carrier is exclusively used by the Hierarchs, not to mention capable of things only Infinity has shown namely ramming a 2km battlecruiser.  Not to mention Shadow of Intent and presumably other Sangheili carriers got a repair and refit in 2552. 

#13 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

No but considering that the megalomaniacs known as the Hierarchs only left High Charity in one of two types of vessels one of which is ungodly large, speaks wonders about the CAS. 

1.  It was 40 UNSC ships.

2. It only inflicted 12 casualties

3. 2 CAS and 13 battlecruisers took on the home fleet and shrugged off SMAC rounds.  

4. Actually the Covies do typically use their largest ships as flagships.  The Class-Five Flagship Carrier is exclusively used by the Hierarchs, not to mention capable of things only Infinity has shown namely ramming a 2km battlecruiser.  Not to mention Shadow of Intent and presumably other Sangheili carriers got a repair and refit in 2552. 

Then you obviously do not understand our intentions for what the Covenant titan was meant to be in this mod. It was meant to be a small fleet unto itself when facing the UNSC. As for this argument you have been bashing you head against a wall trying to convince us to make a different ship it whether it what the Covenant Super Carrier or the Assault Carrier has changed with time. Now look how far you have gotten. You have become the bud of staff jokes, and your arguments are still being refuted by the team. You are simply wasting your time on this. The covenant titan will not change from the ship we have decided whether you like it or not stark, you have no say in the matter. That is all I have to stay now please enjoy your stay on the forums.

• Defender0, Lavo and Cole Protocol like this
Spoiler

#14 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:28 AM

Then you obviously do not understand our intentions for what the Covenant titan was meant to be in this mod. It was meant to be a small fleet unto itself when facing the UNSC. As for this argument you have been bashing you head against a wall trying to convince us to make a different ship it whether it what the Covenant Super Carrier or the Assault Carrier has changed with time. Now look how far you have gotten. You have become the bud of staff jokes, and your arguments are still being refuted by the team. You are simply wasting your time on this. The covenant titan will not change from the ship we have decided whether you like it or not stark, you have no say in the matter. That is all I have to stay now please enjoy your stay on the forums.

Glad to see the staff is so immature about people simply making suggestions.  

#15 m468

m468

Coordinator

• Inactive Staff
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Glad to see the staff is so immature about people simply making suggestions.

While I do admit that saying that you are the bud of staff jokes was out of line. I will not rescind my comments regarding the Covenant Titan. We as a team take advise from our forum members very seriously. However, we have made our stance clear on the Covenant Titan. It will remain the ship we have chosen. It is our design decision for the mod. Some of your ideas have been used in the past as well as the ideas of some of the other forum members. The assertion that we as a team do not listen to the ideas of the community is unfounded. We do reject a lot of them because they do not fit the design that we want as a team for the mod. The team and I appreciate the community's involvement in the mod. However, that does not mean that we will include or agree with all of the ideas that we see on the forums.
  • Unikraken, MrChipps and Aunt Gruntie like this
Spoiler

#16 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

While I do admit that saying that you are the bud of staff jokes was out of line. I will not rescind my comments regarding the Covenant Titan. We as a team take advise from our forum members very seriously. However, we have made our stance clear on the Covenant Titan. It will remain the ship we have chosen. It is our design decision for the mod. Some of your ideas have been used in the past as well as the ideas of some of the other forum members. The assertion that we as a team do not listen to the ideas of the community is unfounded. We do reject a lot of them because they do not fit the design that we want as a team for the mod. The team and I appreciate the community's involvement in the mod. However, that does not mean that we will include or agree with all of the ideas that we see on the forums.

Yeah I understand, you guys have a lot on your plate.  As I was stating earlier with Spec, what do you think about the abilities?  Not necessarily the ship class.

#17 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Yeah I understand, you guys have a lot on your plate.  As I was stating earlier with Spec, what do you think about the abilities?  Not necessarily the ship class.

Everything but 4 or 6 seems good and viable. Maybe not "The Arbiter" though since he cant constantly be reborn/we're trying to avoid heros.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#18 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

Everything but 4 or 6 seems good and viable. Maybe not "The Arbiter" though since he cant constantly be reborn/we're trying to avoid heros.

You don't like the slipspace grid idea?  It can be taken from the Antorak Marauder ability.  

#19 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

You don't like the slipspace grid idea?  It can be taken from the Antorak Marauder ability.

No. It'd be broken as hell and wouldn't really make any sense. I'd prefer the Vasari Loyalist slipspace beacon that can buy reinforcements over that. If you wanna make it cost money go for it but other than that no.

I doubt half of these are gonna make it in anyhow due to the team's (especially M4) pickiness over what they will and will not put in.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

No. It'd be broken as hell and wouldn't really make any sense. I'd prefer the Vasari Loyalist slipspace beacon that can buy reinforcements over that. If you wanna make it cost money go for it but other than that no.

I doubt half of these are gonna make it in anyhow due to the team's (especially M4) pickiness over what they will and will not put in.

Doesn't make sense lore wise or gameplay wise?  What if it were more like the stabilize slispace ability from the Antorak? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users