• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

1. I don't know if its been fixed or not but the UNSC collectors can't collect ship debris.

2. Maybe after Home front is completed maybe make a forerunner/flood expansion.

3. Make a map that is closer to the surface of a planet or halo array.

4. Make a map with large asteroid field.

5. Add MAC space stations including gun platform.

6. Make the debris be parts of the ship destroyed. (Like in the star wars mod)
  • Battle8111 likes this

#2 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Ships don't spawn debris because it was a piece of the mod I wanted to do without. I could never get the collectors to properly collect the debris so I removed the ability.

There most likely won't be a Forerunner or Flood expansion as this would really break the game. There is no way either of the UNSC or Covenant could even stand up to the Forerunners. However, that doesn't mean there won't be maps influenced by those two factions.

Making maps closer to a planet or station is not really what Homefront is about, nor is it doable correctly in Homeworld 2. Large objects do not like to play nice next to smaller ones such as ships. I'm assuming you want such play areas because of the Starside Intercept mod thats never coming out? There's a reason why it hasn't been released yet, and its because they keep trying to put the player in impossible play areas.

What do you mean by asteroid field? An asteroid field on the outside of the map or in the middle of one? If so, an asteroid field in the middle of the map runs into the same issues as what I mentioned above - ships trying to fly around big things tends to not work. Also in reality, asteroids in a field are several kilometers apart and may not look the way you think it would unless it were in the distance.

SMACs are already in the game. You can only build one because they are severely overpowered.

Ships already have unique debris, but they disappear after death to save performance.

Thank you for starting the topic. A lot of these concepts I haven't touched on in years so I may go back and do some more research. It's a shame, though, that the Homeworld community on the original Tanis Shipyards forums is all but dead with only a handful of active posters remaining.

• Battle8111 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

This answers a lot of questions. Although how do you get an SMAC?

I also have more questions.

1. Is there a possibility to have an option that enables slippage BUT no cost at all

2. Regarding resource collection I keep forgetting the name but the ship that generates RU how come the resource collectors go one at a time and why don't they attach to the ship itself

3. Why can't some large ships target fighters/bombers. For example the Paris class can easily wreck fighters but when you make a haylcon class attack a fighter it doesn't follow it.

4. There is this strange bug or not but when a capital ship like the haylcon jumps out of slippage it's health becomes half

Thank you for the fast response

#4 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

SMACs aren't in the current version of the mod. The mod has come a long way since the previous release.

1. This has been talked about and will probably be implemented. The reason there is a cost is so you cannot jump a cruiser into your enemy's base. Now that there are subsystems for the Anchor station that create psuedo gravity wells, this isn't an issue anymore.

2. RU generation won't be a thing anymore but resource collection has been fixed so this issue does not occur anymore.

3. The Paris is a much smaller ship than a Halcyon. The Halcyon does not have the capability to follow fighters, so it relies on its AA network to kill them off. It still targets the fighters, just doesn't point to them.

4. This is most likely due to jumping into a gravity well. Ships take damage jumping through gravity wells much like the Ascendant Justice did when it slipspace jumped with the Forerunner relic onboard.

• Battle8111 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Battle8111

Battle8111

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Steam:[E-D-G] Battle8111
  • LocationMerica'

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

Interesting questions and great responses, I also wondered a couple of those, just never got around to ask the, 

Posted Image
"Only the dead seen the end of the war." -Plato

#6 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

@zero thanks for the response, but regarding the ships attacking fighters(question 3), the Paris actually shoots at the fighters while the halcyon does nothing. Regarding question 4 no I didn't jump into an enemy base, it was a jump from one location to the center and boom the halcyon is at half health( although it only happens rarely and not consistently)
  • Battle8111 likes this

#7 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

The halcyon should fire at fighters, at least it does in the version right now. As for it loosing health, I'm not entirely sure, I'll take a look into it. Was out on a specific map?

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Don't remember the map it was a year ago. But I think I used version A and not B.

Edit: also zero can you provide a list of the covenant ships that will added to the update?

How does one become an "authorized playtester"

Regarding the gravity well. Is damage taken if jumping from a gravity well and not to?
  • Battle8111 likes this

#9 Battle8111

Battle8111

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMerica'

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

Don't remember the map it was a year ago. But I think I used version A and not B.

Edit: also zero can you provide a list of the covenant ships that will added to the update?

Regarding the gravity well. Is damage taken if jumping from a gravity well and not to?

If you do become a playtester, I could have someone else to finally play with! :D

Posted Image

#10 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:22 PM

If you do become a playtester, I could have someone else to finally play with! :D

There is HTKR, Spartan-G257, MrRipley and theoretically any of the SOTP playtesters also have access to the SVN.

You cannot slipspace jump out of an enemy gravity well if they have an inhibitor up. If you're trying to escape, your best bet is to either destroy the subsystem or the ship that is carrying it.

Regarding being an authorized playtester, you need to be active in the community and show initiative. Keep posting and showing interest. A lot of the HHF fans that have followed the mod over the years have become playtesters.

I'll make a ship roster in another topic pretty soon here. May include some pictures as well.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

activity should be no problem

@zero do you know what month HHF will be updated

#12 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

@zero do you know what month HHF will be updated

BAD!
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#13 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

BAD!

GOOD

@zero regarding maps an interesting idea came up. So here is an example of the idea, so you are starting on the reach map and in the background you would see the planet in normal state. As the game progresses the background begins to change and you would see small skirmishes happening in the background. As time processes you would see the planet be slowly glassed. Towards the end you would see reach as it did in the fall of reach.

#14 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

That type of effect is not possible with Homeworld 2 to my knowledge. However, I could make explosion effects randomly spawn in the distance, I just don't know how I would do it.

As for an update, I can never say. Probably when the Covenant resource collector and controller are finished maybe.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

Interesting something along the lines of random explosions to show that the battle is also happening elsewhere. I remember you said you wanted to get rid of RU or something along the lines of such. I think to solve the resource collection is to have RU injections that over time would increase, which would nullify the need for collectors in general, or have RU injections only for covenant

#16 Battle8111

Battle8111

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMerica'

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

BAD!

No... Just no.... Please... 

Posted Image

#17 Battle8111

Battle8111

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMerica'

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

There is HTKR, Spartan-G257, MrRipley and theoretically any of the SOTP playtesters also have access to the SVN.

I will attempt to play with them and contact them via Steam. 

Posted Image

#18 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Interesting something along the lines of random explosions to show that the battle is also happening elsewhere. I remember you said you wanted to get rid of RU or something along the lines of such. I think to solve the resource collection is to have RU injections that over time would increase, which would nullify the need for collectors in general, or have RU injections only for covenant

No I said I got rid of RU injection, RU collection will still be a thing.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

No... Just no.... Please...

What do you mean?
  • Battle8111 likes this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#20 Ivan

Ivan

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:55 PM

regarding maps a map with high charity would be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users