#1 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Its been quiet... And I thought I'd bring some life into these forums.

Anyway, title says all.

#2 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:47 AM

Quiet?

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#3 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:16 AM

These forums are quite active. Not trying to be rude or anything but i would suggest you pay closer attention before posting

SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#4 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

Quiet? *SHOUTS OVER THE FORMS* HEY CRISSIS! BAKELIT SAID THE US SUCKS!

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#5 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

I think he means the CaW forums...
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#6 KillaBC

KillaBC

KillaBC cannot into space

• Modding Personality
  • 215 posts
  • LocationWorksop, England

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

People.

• DGaius likes this

STA3/ST:I Dev 

#7 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

*slow claps*
  • DGaius likes this

#8 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

Vat?

YmSsY2C.png

#9 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

These forums are quite active. Not trying to be rude or anything but i would suggest you pay closer attention before posting

lol look who's talking

• Unikraken and Bornstellaris like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 Unleashed

Unleashed

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Steam:TheUnleashed69
  • LocationMiami,Florida

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

The forums are quite active, yes but they are also a large majority users that are lurkers like me :)

The People made me do it.

#11 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

By the laws of nature, you guys manage to (perhaps unknowingly) confuse and fill up a single topic in a day without any actual contribution to the substance at hand. This will never seize to amaze me. Not to mention I entirely overlooked this topic the last two times I logged in today...

Anyways, welcome to the CaW part of the forums lads. It is quiet here indeed. So let me tell you the tale of how the CaW team is understaffed! 

must we really listen to this tale yet again, oh man of all things mechanical?

Yes you must, as it is the answer to Sev's question. Technically the CaW team is still at work. Besides moving here we've been working together with SotP members to transfer old files (back than on SVN and the old Forums) to a new place called GIT. This will allow us to work on the mod without having to worry about the amount of members having access to the mod. Before this was never a problem, as we only had three occuring members (Anh Nhan, Blamtroid and me). Now that Bornsteller and Elsoto have become regulars we needed a new system to work with. Sloosecannon was so kind to provide this system, so we're basically ready to go (yet again). In the meantime, we have also welcomed a new member to the team. It's someone you know, bears a red/green title already and I am giving you the space in this topic to guess who (I like guessing games). Additionally a handfull of playtesters (HTRK, Crisiss, Haseo) have been discussing some of the aspects of the 1.2 release with us. Which was very informative. 

- so what's keeping you, hurry up, we know you don't have enough members to do anything anyways...

Correct, but why the hurry. Bornsteller and Elsoto have created 15+ models for us. That's excluding the stuff Born did as trifecta models.  They're both not done yet, so there'll be more. There is however no one to code them in besides Anh Nhan. Who's also the only one working on Skirmish, while Blamtroid has gone ahead and started on GC. I believe he has atleast the galaxy map and background running properly. I've been busy, in what little time I had, updating the soundtrack. Which btw is publically accesable on my soundcloud page...*cough*

There is however very little time for us and I have very little skill in the areas of expertise we need help with (I think I broke more codes than fixed them). So what we need are coders, riggers, texture artists and officiall playtesters. We have a list of people we wish to grant playtester status. Among them are Zachtou, Annisty and Sev. HTRK also offered his services and we will take him up on that offer, when we move forward again. I think that's all I have to mention. Since I haven't seen Blam and there isn't anything comming like a big update, you can view this post as one. There's some stuff in this post we haven't mentioned outside of our own secluded tree-house yet. 

tl;dr:

- we're understaffed blabla;

- everyone's busy yadda yadda;

- No one realises I am doing a soundtrack for CaW. We even have a review from a certain guy named Waseem... ;

- This whole thing is a ruse. I tried to trick you people into thinking I am complaining again, but there's a bunch of news in there. Like a list off people who will get access to a playtester in the future;

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#12 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

For those that haven't caught on, this is in the Covenant At War forums.

Edit: We posted at the same time.

• DGaius and Fleet Admiral agigabyte like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#13 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

Do you see the forums as some kind of dorm that we are all roomies in?

DGaius, I have no issue playtesting when I have the opportunity to do so. Real life comes first yada yada yada. I already annoy you in your PT forum so might as well.

Sev, this part of the forum isn't very active publicly but there is activity nonetheless. A lot of this stems from EAW being shutdown on the multiplayer spectrum. Discussion is welcomed but there should probably be something to talk about...

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:14 AM

Quiet?

I meant the CaW part of the forums are quiet.

By the laws of nature, you guys manage to (perhaps unknowingly) confuse and fill up a single topic in a day without any actual contribution to the substance at hand. This will never seize to amaze me. Not to mention I entirely overlooked this topic the last two times I logged in today...

Anyways, welcome to the CaW part of the forums lads. It is quiet here indeed. So let me tell you the tale of how the CaW team is understaffed!

- must we really listen to this tale yet again, oh man of all things mechanical?

Yes you must, as it is the answer to Sev's question. Technically the CaW team is still at work. Besides moving here we've been working together with SotP members to transfer old files (back than on SVN and the old Forums) to a new place called GIT. This will allow us to work on the mod without having to worry about the amount of members having access to the mod. Before this was never a problem, as we only had three occuring members (Anh Nhan, Blamtroid and me). Now that Bornsteller and Elsoto have become regulars we needed a new system to work with. Sloosecannon was so kind to provide this system, so we're basically ready to go (yet again). In the meantime, we have also welcomed a new member to the team. It's someone you know, bears a red/green title already and I am giving you the space in this topic to guess who (I like guessing games). Additionally a handfull of playtesters (HTRK, Crisiss, Haseo) have been discussing some of the aspects of the 1.2 release with us. Which was very informative.

- so what's keeping you, hurry up, we know you don't have enough members to do anything anyways...

Correct, but why the hurry. Bornsteller and Elsoto have created 15+ models for us. That's excluding the stuff Born did as trifecta models. They're both not done yet, so there'll be more. There is however no one to code them in besides Anh Nhan. Who's also the only one working on Skirmish, while Blamtroid has gone ahead and started on GC. I believe he has atleast the galaxy map and background running properly. I've been busy, in what little time I had, updating the soundtrack. Which btw is publically accesable on my soundcloud page...*cough*

There is however very little time for us and I have very little skill in the areas of expertise we need help with (I think I broke more codes than fixed them). So what we need are coders, riggers, texture artists and officiall playtesters. We have a list of people we wish to grant playtester status. Among them are Zachtou, Annisty and Sev. HTRK also offered his services and we will take him up on that offer, when we move forward again. I think that's all I have to mention. Since I haven't seen Blam and there isn't anything comming like a big update, you can view this post as one. There's some stuff in this post we haven't mentioned outside of our own secluded tree-house yet.

tl;dr:
- we're understaffed blabla;
- everyone's busy yadda yadda;
- No one realises I am doing a soundtrack for CaW. We even have a review from a certain guy named Waseem... ;
- This whole thing is a ruse. I tried to trick you people into thinking I am complaining again, but there's a bunch of news in there. Like a list off people who will get access to a playtester in the future;

I knew you guys were understaffed.

To answer my original question, AhNahn, Elsoto and blam are still working on the mod behind the scenes, is that right?

Do you see the forums as some kind of dorm that we are all roomies in?

DGaius, I have no issue playtesting when I have the opportunity to do so. Real life comes first yada yada yada. I already annoy you in your PT forum so might as well.

Sev, this part of the forum isn't very active publicly but there is activity nonetheless. A lot of this stems from EAW being shutdown on the multiplayer spectrum. Discussion is welcomed but there should probably be something to talk about...

I always have a few ideas that could be discussed, but they are mostly GC based.

And sorry bout double posting. my computer is lagging like hell and theres nothing I can do about it

#15 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:42 AM

I'm still working on CaW behind the scenes as well!

• Unikraken, Defender0 and Sev like this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#16 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

Poor Bornstellar just wants to be cool.

Sev GC ideas are welcome although it's a bit far off. Unfortunate cause EAW has a fairly well functioning GC.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#17 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:47 AM

Alright than, we'll add you to the list. Happy to have you. 

To answer my original question, AhNahn, Elsoto and blam are still working on the mod behind the scenes, is that right?

That is right. Albeit at the pace of a snail crossing the highway. Just for the record: Anh Nhan = skirmish, Blam = GC and Elsoto/Born = all model work. Haven't seen Elsoto in a while though, hope he pops up soon.

I always have a few ideas that could be discussed, but they are mostly GC based.

Your last contributions were quite good, I modified them a little and put them in our Dev catalogue of things to do. So I am looking forward to see those ideas, but please do wait untill I've had a chance to publically post our current plans. I think you already know a bunch of them, but that's because you were the only one reading the old forums xD  Let's hope Blam drops by and gives me the go ahead so I can tell you what we're doing and tell you what does and doesn't work. 

You're the ultimate multitasker, the majority of models you do are both for SotP and for us :P

I wonder if Sev noticed I mentioned his name in the playtester list, I expected some kind of reaction from that list :P

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#18 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

Considering there hasn't been any announcements AFAIK since last June I'm interested in what you guys have to say

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 HTRK74JR

HTRK74JR

t(-_-)t

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • LocationUNSC Horizon

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

I don't post in here because playtesters haven't been given playtester versions of CaW

I've already made a review of CaW, it's meh, i try and stay away from the forums unless it's a discussion on how to improve the game.

(decrease fighter spam!)

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Crisiss like this
Spoiler

#20 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

(decrease fighter spam!)

Yep, This is my only large problem with Caw, the the others being minor graphical complaints that were answered a long time ago on the CaW forums.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users