• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

Greetings all, today i'm going to give you a run down of what you should expect to see in the SotP map roster.

The next release is going to give you guys a better collection of maps to play on than before, maps that felt shallow or just unpleasant and repetitive to play will now have more depth and intrigue than beforehand. A few maps from before that couldn't make it in last time you will be sure to see this time around, each one offering its own style of play for your enjoyment.

Now I will give you a run down of what maps you should all expect to see in all of the maps.

Changes to all maps: Several bugs and style changes requested by the community have been changed, all of the below maps now take place in a single star system, this allows players to get a better view of whats happening and use star bases and the like to full advantage. Several continuity errors have been fixed, and more.

Note: All of this can change, as per the mighty powers of WIP

Will of the Gods (WoG)

One of the largest maps in the mod, WoG will let you play out the Human-Covenant war from start to finish, all while showing canonical accuracy and offering several different strategies to be used. Players on WoG will start with a already rather developed infrastructure on multiple worlds. This puts expansion at a less important factor in your development, and allows you instead to start fighting the war how you like, as soon as you like.

The Final Stand

The Final Stand is a medium sized map that gives you the opportunity to play out the siege of the inner colonies after the outer colonies have been destroyed. The Covenant players start with a real edge here, they are going to be on UNSC players, and fast. So securing tactical choke points on the map will be key to their survival. But if you move quickly you should come out on top.

The Fall of Reach

The Fall of Reach will be a smaller map where, as its name suggests, players will be reenacting the Fall of Reach. This map is still in the mostly conceptual stage so stay tuned for more info, but know that the map will be very focused on defenses and large fleets.

The Great Schism

The Great Schism will allow you to take control of one of the Covenants two halves during the decay of the Covenant empire. Chokepoints are non existent, and players will have to make quick moves and commit to them if they want to survive. Deciding what planet you want and when is going to be important, as your enemy won’t be far away, and conflict will begin very soon.

The Reclamation Conflict (formerly post war conflicts)

This map takes place in post war times, where the Covenant has shattered and the UNSC is but a shadow of its former self. Expansion into lost colonies in both human and Covenant space is vital to survive this now desolate and disoriented galaxy. UNSC players will start far from the action on Earth, witch will give them some time to go up to post war strength, while Covenant players are going to be stuck in the middle of a close quarters battle with one another.

This thread will be updated periodically, so dont fret if you think this is all you will see, this is only the beginning. :) 

• Despoiler25, MrChipps, SternuS and 5 others like this

#2 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

okay, thanks for all your hard work Cole!

• Despoiler25 and Mrripley9 like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

Good to know what to expect! What of Plauged(Flood onslaught type map)? Is it still in the works or did you drop it?

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#4 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:03 PM

What of Plauged(Flood onslaught type map)? Is it still in the works or did you drop it?

Work is still continuing, I'll put some more info out once more maps are completed to go along with it.  ;)

• Unleashed likes this

#5 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

I also wanted to mention that there will be more variety in our random map list, including variants of all random maps with no Flood worlds on them.

• SternuS, Unleashed, David0425 and 2 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#6 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:54 AM

Awesome news, as maps have always been some kind of flaw for SotP. MOAR!

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#7 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:01 AM

I'm glad I decided to be so nice in this thread. Almost a subconscious thing now I guess.
  • Unikraken, DGaius and Mrripley9 like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

I'm glad I decided to be so nice in this thread. Almost a subconscious thing now I guess.

Yeah, thanks for not being a dick to one of our hardest working team members.

• Despoiler25, Defender0, Moustachio86 and 9 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#9 TheBestKorea*

TheBestKorea*

Is North Kowea

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'm glad to see the post war map is being re-balanced. I recently played it as the UNSC and was sitting on a treasure chest of money by the time I made first contact with one of the covenant factions. It seemed way to easy for the UNSC in to rapidly grow with little resistance against multiple heroic AIs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users