56 replies to this topic

#1 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Talk about the game here. Organize customs, etc.

To start, I fucking hate the customization in the MCC. Like what the fuck Halo 3 and Halo 4 got shafted hardcore. The Mark V isn't even in the Halo 4 section (not that I really care since Halo 4 is garbage and anyone who says otherwise is obviously a troll), but I expected to at least be able to recreate it in Halo 3.

70942556-full.jpg

RIP Mark V, you will be missed.

MP is fucked right now, can't wait to see other fuck ups. Way to go 343, biggest thing you've ever done, could have gone way smoother.

• Battle8111 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:47 AM

(not that I really care since Halo 4 is garbage and anyone who says otherwise is obviously a troll),

Obviously.
Because people can't have opinions.
  • Unikraken, Defender0, MrChipps and 2 others like this
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#3 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:54 AM

What's wrong with the multiplayer, Zero?

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#4 Scorpii

Scorpii

Code Monkey #777

• Mod Staff
  • 359 posts
  • Steam:acbrother1

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

What's wrong with the multiplayer, Zero?

They launched MCC without any dedicated Halo CE playlists until 343 "provides the best multiplayer experience possible." 

http://www.gamespot....h/1100-6423493/

Also, apparently what Zero is saying, is that the cross-game customization of multiplayer Spartans is fuckd. Certain armor sets from one game can't be used in another. Or so i'm assuming

SPAM ALL THE CHARONS AND HAIL THE MOD STAFF

"Let's Get It On" -The Flood whispering to me

Posted Image

#5 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

Don't kill me, but what was wrong with Halo 4? Personally I found the sprint and armour abilities to be a good addition to the game. It made you feel like a Spartan instead of a marine with shields and moonboots. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the Halos, but I also enjoyed something new.

• Defender0, MrChipps, David0425 and 1 other like this
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#6 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

Don't kill me, but what was wrong with Halo 4? Personally I found the sprint and armour abilities to be a good addition to the game. It made you feel like a Spartan instead of a marine with shields and moonboots. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the Halos, but I also enjoyed something new.

TROLL. Kill with fire. Atleast according to Zero.
How dare you have an opinion.
Spoiler

#7 Faced

Faced

The Baddest of Bad, Plus a Modeller

• Mod Staff
  • -537 posts
  • Steam:Faced
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:55 AM

I honestly don't see the fuck up in Halo 4. I think it was an all round good game for 343's first Game on their own.

• Defender0 likes this

FacedKylee117_blue_0.png

#8 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:09 AM

im with faced, kheva, and metanator on this one

aside from halo wars (gotta love that RTS man), halo 4 is my personal favorite halo game that has come out so far. sure, it has its flaws, but then again, so did some of bungies halo games.

• Crisiss likes this

#9 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

This isn't a thread about halo 4 this is me ranting that I can't customize my Spartan other than pick a pre-set armor combo.

Also lol@troll bait you guys are to easy but for real halo moving closer to cod/destiny makes it less and less unique. The party that made you a Spartan in halo ce was that you could run fast, jump high and just man handle a 7.62 full auto assault rifle. Slowing down your Spartan so you have to use sprint doesn't make you look stronger, it makes them weaker overall. Halo 4 could have been great without the gimmicks like sprint and loadouts and could have done away with armor abilities (seriously a pretty as reach is bungie screwedthe franchise with those game mechanics) and improved more on the halo 3 equipment aspect (hell armor abilities could have been equipment) but nope I'm soon fed drivel that comes from a company saying they know halo best. Obviously they don't when their key selling points are remakes and re releases of the old ones. I mean I think the best part of it all is the game that doesn't get recognized as 343'a building block, reach, has a higher pop online than halo 4 and is not included in the mcc.

Have any of you guys even played it or are you just white washed fan boys too poor to afford an xbone? Surely I'm not the only one upset.

Obviously.Because people can't have opinions.

Sorry I pulled a uni
  • CoSSpartan058 and Battle8111 like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

Also lol@troll bait you guys are to easy

Troll baiting is still trolling.
Spoiler

#11 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

Troll baiting is still trolling.

No I'm not actually I'm 100% serious but k
  • Battle8111 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

Is the MCC worth it for the single player and forge?

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#13 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

You're basically buying 60FPS and halo 2 anniversary plus everything on the same console. If you're just buying it for the campaign I would dust off your original xbox.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

I am glad to say that I am no longer thinking of getting a XBone.

Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#15 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:59 AM

Sorry I pulled a uni

Okay, since this petty stuff is going to get dragged in here I'll address it. My thread was specifically about the trolls who say Halo is dead after every release and DLC, who want 343 to make no changes to multiplayer for new Halo games. That sounds like a strawman, but there is a vocal minority on /r/Halo who want just that. Some of Halo 4's mechanics were bad and shouldn't have been there, including armor abilities, but the franchise has to evolve to survive. It can't just make the same game every 2 years. Feel free to share this with your Eridanus buddies as well.

• I Am Sancho, Defender0, MrChipps and 4 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#16 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

I loved halo 4, it had amazing graphics, a new enemy, new gameplay experiences, a great multiplayer, and a stunning armor system, i loved it. Next to halo 2, its my favorite. Im proud to say im getting an xbox one just for halo 2 and halo 4. People are entitled to their opinions, because people have different tastes.

• Defender0 likes this
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#17 Defender0

Defender0

Reclaimer

• Members
  • -1,937 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

the franchise has to evolve to survive

i feel like this can be applied to almost every major FPS series out there atm. Look at CoD with advanced warfare, or look at battlefield 3 and 4. Battlefield 3, compared to battlefield bad company 2, had MASSIVE changes and additions, so much so that customization alone increased exponentially. battlefield 4, while it didnt add AS many new features to the battlefield franchise as battlefield 3 did (at least compared to bad company 2), still had a large amount of features, to the point that unlocking things is similar to MMO grinding.

the hard fact is, games themselves are evolving, becoming more and more complex, because the people who want to buy the games want more than just a generic shooter. this isnt the 2004 anymore where simply running around at a static pace is good enough for the consumer.

#18 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:16 PM

Feel free to share this with your Eridanus buddies as well.

Wow because I have nothing to do with shit pissing on Reddit just thought it was dumb you said anyone who doesn't like Halo 5 is a troll. I came here to rant and release my displeasure. I mean why make an emblem if it doesn't even show up on your Spartan?
  • Battle8111 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 spacenavy90

spacenavy90

The Eridanus Insurrection Mod Team

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

Feel free to share this with your Eridanus buddies as well.

Nice.

• Unikraken and Battle8111 like this

#20 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

Loling hard @ this thread. Holy shit you guys are sad. It's a fucking video game, who cares.
  • Unikraken and Defender0 like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users