• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

>Nightfall

>Logic

>Halo lore

The Condor is a new-age Pelican with two additional engines. Yet it is considered "old".

Breathing masks coming out of a thin chest-plate that activates even if detatched from everything and provides clean air. A Chestplate of an ODST armour. The first and most probable thing that's going to get hit and thus damaged in a fight, has the survival kit in it.

At least the ODST helmet isn't dead plain as the one in Halo 4's armour pack. It's flatter, and I preferred the Halo 3 one, but it's something.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#3 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

>Nightfall
>Logic
>Halo lore

The Condor is a new-age Pelican with two additional engines. Yet it is considered "old".

It is kinda weird that they went to the trouble of making a new ship but decided to keep the front/cockpit area the exact same as a Pelican. Other than that I think the history behind the Condor is pretty solid:

Formerly a dropship in service with the United Nations Space Command, the Condor was virtually unparalleled in its role of heavy materiel and equipment deployment. However, due to the D96-TCE Albatross and D82-EST Darter's lower development and operational costs along with overlapping functionality the Condor ultimately faded from service in the UNSC. The Condor sees continued use by the Sedran Colonial Guard as it is able to work without the need for a larger vessel to deploy from. It is also ideal for low-volume freighting between the Outer Colonies

I don't like it having a Slipspace drive, though.
Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#4 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:56 AM

The upgrade strategy is seen in the real world too.

For example Leopard 2a5 -> 2a6 -> 2a7

Serveral design choices last while minor changes make a new tank. (Upgraded optics, engine, weapon, armor and so on and so on)

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#5 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

The lore is just all over the place in Nightfall, the mindless killer Lekgolo make no sense. The magic anti-spartan cure makes no sense. The unproffesional ONI operatives makes no sense(panic,flapping mouths,mutiny).
Very little makes sense.
  • SternuS likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#6 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

The lore is just all over the place in Nightfall, the mindless killer Lekgolo make no sense. The magic anti-spartan cure makes no sense. The unprofessional ONI operatives makes no sense(panic,flapping mouths,mutiny).
Very little makes sense.

The director (Sergio Mimica-Gezza, Not Ridely Scott like you think, who is only executive producer. God damn MS pulling a fast one, calling it 'Ridely Scott's Halo Nightfall') seems to be trying to make it some sort of suspense full, survivor horrory mess and that is all well and good, but they don't have to shit all over canon to do it. Halo is already a well established universe and they need to stop deus ex machina-ing things and just ignoring other things.

Also, the whole 'British officer raft survivor rules' is bullshit. This is the military damn it, not shipwrecked plebs on a beach. There is a chain of command for a reason.
  • MrChipps and SternuS like this
Spoiler

#7 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

The director (Sergio Mimica-Gezza, Not Ridely Scott like you think, who is only executive producer. God damn MS pulling a fast one, calling it 'Ridely Scott's Halo Nightfall') seems to be trying to make it some sort of suspense full, survivor horrory mess and that is all well and good, but they don't have to shit all over canon to do it. Halo is already a well established universe and they need to stop deus ex machina-ing things and just ignoring other things.Also, the whole 'British officer raft survivor rules' is bullshit. This is the military damn it, not shipwrecked plebs on a beach. There is a chain of command for a reason.

Not to mention that several of the team are ONI field operatives who in all previous iterations never lost their cool in the field, not even when faced with the flood! In Midnight ONI opearatives loose their nerve over a dead-line, lekgolo colony and a few deaths.
Sweden can into gender!

#8 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

This series sucked.

• MrChipps and SternuS like this

#9 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

This series sucked.

I was already trying to write a long review on the serie, but eventually I noticed this could wrap-up quite essentially everything.

• MrChipps likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#10 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:00 AM

and this is why there will never be a Halo film.
  • Commander Jbug likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:15 AM

and this is why there will never be a good Halo film.

FTFY
Spoiler

#12 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 AM

FTFY

i know you're trying to be funny and all but this and FUD were both testing the waters for further Halo media like an actual TV show and full fledged movies without a shitty budget. This obviously and probably has been recognized a failure by Microsoft (or whoever is producing it) so I think they'll realize there is no profit to be made in the movie or TV industry with Halo. Halo is just too damn hard to write and accurately remake without being retarded.

Not that the TV industry isn't dying already anyways. 99% sure streaming is gonna take over within the next ten years.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:23 AM

How hard is it to make a movie about a super soldier killing things? They made a shit ton of those in the 80s.

• MrChipps and Lord Stark like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

I think its that nobody can  make a amazing Covenant costume and they don't want to spend heaps on the graphics and digital parts. I think.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#15 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

They could make a Halo Movie/ show, but Blur studios would need to do the CGI for it, the budget would need to be enormous.

I could watch Halo 2 Anniversary-grade stuff for thousands of hours lol.

#16 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

i know you're trying to be funny and all but this and FUD were both testing the waters for further Halo media like an actual TV show and full fledged movies without a shitty budget. This obviously and probably has been recognized a failure by Microsoft (or whoever is producing it) so I think they'll realize there is no profit to be made in the movie or TV industry with Halo. Halo is just too damn hard to write and accurately remake without being retarded.

Not that the TV industry isn't dying already anyways. 99% sure streaming is gonna take over within the next ten years.

They are definitely going to make a Halo movie at some point but they missed their prime opportunity ages ago. All the waiting and false rumors and cancelled productions and the decrease in popularity of Halo have all led to very small to no expectations or hype. At this point the movie will probably come out at the very end of Halos life cycle, as a last ditch attempt to milk money from a dying IP.

I think the problem with the tv shows and mini series is directors don't want (or don't think we want them) to just copy Halo (scifi/mystery/shooter/action would probably be Halos genre) and so they try to put their own feelings/drama/twist on it but it ends up shit because all we actually want IS for them to copy Halo, but in a movie.
  • MrChipps likes this
Spoiler

#17 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

We want a action film, not a crappy drama. It's like trying to add drama to Cod. Won't work!

Remember Off-Topic!

#18 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:01 PM

We want a action film, not a crappy drama. It's like trying to add drama to Cod. Won't work!

...have you played CoD before? I actually thought it worked pretty well. Have you played the first two Modern Warfare games? The third one was kind of a hollywood blockbuster but the first two were good. As was World at War and Black Ops 1 & 2. Haven't played Ghosts or AW so I can't comment on those.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

I've played all of those. I find the drama part of Cod doesn't work THAT well. It's not bad but it's not amazing.

Remember Off-Topic!

#20 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

I usually love the IW ones but not the others (except for BO1).
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users