6 replies to this topic

#1 felix

felix

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi,

So i followed the mod installation tutorial on moddb to the letter and i still havent been able to launch the game. My target line is as follows "C:\Program Files(x86)\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod homefront.big

I have the latest version of the mod so there's no issue there. I am running the game as an admin as well and that doesnt seem to have any effect on the launching of the game. Unless i have to run Homeworld 2 as an admin as well and not just the modified homeworld 2 exe. 

i also have 1.1 and no other mods running.

if someone could get back to me on this and i hope to get this issue resolved soon

#2 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

Did you put homefront.big in the HW2 data folder?

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

Heyy, So i just bought homeworld remastered and I am currently trying to install the mod cause it looks awesome af but when trying to install it I do not have a Sierra File. So i decided to go on steam workshop to see if its there and it is! so i subscribe and what not but still no mod. Idk if you can help or not but if you can that would be awesome :) oh btw im running Windows 10 if that means anything. Thanks!

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#4 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

Heyy, So i just bought homeworld remastered and I am currently trying to install the mod cause it looks awesome af but when trying to install it I do not have a Sierra File. So i decided to go on steam workshop to see if its there and it is! so i subscribe and what not but still no mod. Idk if you can help or not but if you can that would be awesome :) oh btw im running Windows 10 if that means anything. Thanks!

Steam workshop probably fucked up try to verify files. Or re sub to the mod. Got that problem alot latey with Company of heroes 2 and Cities skyline mods not downloading properly.

YmSsY2C.png

#5 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Steam workshop probably fucked up try to verify files. Or re sub to the mod. Got that problem alot latey with Company of heroes 2 and Cities skyline mods not downloading properly.

lol yeah thanks for the recommendation but it's not that, I have an AMD graphics card and apparently they don't work well together and you have to download this file but it isn't working for me so :/

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#6 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

If its an AMD issue, then there are a few legacy files you have to download, not just one. I really dislike AMD becuase unlinke nVidia, they break legacy from previous file versions. It's just something you'll unfortunately have to deal with and nothing I can fix.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

If its an AMD issue, then there are a few legacy files you have to download, not just one. I really dislike AMD becuase unlinke nVidia, they break legacy from previous file versions. It's just something you'll unfortunately have to deal with and nothing I can fix.

yeah I learned that after doing some research, thanks for trying to help though :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users