#1 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

So, with the release of Homeworld 2: Remastered, and the quite obvious plans to bring Homefront across to this new and improved version of Homeworld, I was wondering what exactly you (Zero) have in store for the future of Homefront. Are you simply planning to 'jazz' up all the art assets to unbelievable pretty levels? Or do you have more planned for Homefront?

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#2 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

When Velo and I stayed building homefront the way you see it now, we had many ambitious features we wanted to add but couldn't. Most of these features were in homeworld 1: strike craft fuel and refueling, drone fighters and some other stuff I can't name off the top of my head.

The biggest difference will be that homefront will be rebuilt ground up for remaster. Other changes include making the Hermes a stone frigate that will field tapers and gyges. Croats will be able to refuel fighters mid battle and we'll most likely adda new frigate to boost fuel space or increase refueling.
  • Bornstellaris likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 haseo yashimora

haseo yashimora

Petty Officer Second Class

• Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:00 PM

Cant wait for multiplayer let alone the new additions but what i really home to see is more maps, maybe a anti fighter frigate(stalwart class) since AI loves to spam fighters and more nimble then the corvettes, heavy cruiser could launch fighters, larger maps with more RU at spawn point and even the background could use a little lighting up so i can see the ships easier, just ideas throwing out there like them or discard them.

#4 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

... all capitals can dock and launch fighters, and there is no need for an anti fighter frigate. The Hermes fills that role, and even then hammerheads doa much better job.
  • haseo yashimora likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users