Cole Protocol

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

    Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

  • Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

Was it not in an earlier build?

Nope.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#22 William_2337

William_2337

    Crewman Apprentice

  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Steam:[127TH]WILLIAM2143
  • LocationShawano, Wisconsin

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:22 AM

United Nations Space Command Emergency Priority Order 098831A-1

118px-ONI_Seal_1.png United Nations Space Command Emergency Priority Order 098831A-1
Encryption Code: Red
Public Key: file/ First light/
From: UNSC/NAVCOM Fleet H.T. Ward To: ALL UNSC PERSONNEL
Subject: General Order 098831A-1 ("The Cole Protocol")
Classification: RESTRICTED (BGX Directive) The Cole Protocol To safeguard and protect the Inner Colonies and Earth, all UNSC vessels or stations must not be captured with intact navigation databases that may lead Covenant forces to human civilian population centers. If any Covenant forces are detected:
1. Activate selective purge of databases on all ship-based and planetary data networks.
2. Initiate triple-screen check to ensure all data has been erased and all backups neutralized.
3. Execute viral data scavengers
(Download fromUNSCTTP://EPWW:COLEPROTOCOL/Virtualscav/fbr.091)
4. If retreating from Covenant forces, all ships must enter Slipstream space with randomized vectors NOT directed toward Earth, the Inner Colonies, or any other human population center. 5. In case of imminent capture by Covenant forces and boarders, all UNSC ships MUST self-destruct. Violation of this directive will be considered an act of TREASON and pursuant to UNSC Military law articlesJAG 845-P and JAG 7556-L, such violations are punishable by life imprisonment or execution.

#23 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

    Crewman

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:16 PM

I always see these threads and for a split second wonder why i'm being called out by name, before remembering i'm named after a important in universe protocol  :P

To repeat though, really it couldn't be done. And honestly there is no point with the AI being the simplistic thing it is. If you really wanted to though, a commander could just send a bunch of ships out of a gravity well in random directions to simulate the protocol somewhat.

are you sure? all you have to do is make all of the planets "connected to the slipspace network" like you get with anchor bases after Slipspace Beacons is researched and the covies build their gate...
but that would make the game completely unfair and all sense of "Strategic placement" would mean very little once the enemy got into your star and took a planet...

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#24 Sev

Sev

    CAW Tester

  • CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 15 April 2015 - 01:04 AM

are you sure? all you have to do is make all of the planets "connected to the slipspace network" like you get with anchor bases after Slipspace Beacons is researched and the covies build their gate...
but that would make the game completely unfair and all sense of "Strategic placement" would mean very little once the enemy got into your star and took a planet...

Considering they got the ability working, then it probably won't do that if the lanes were reliant on a very temporary connection points (similar to the Vasari 'stabilise phase space', only they will just link to a random planet), and the mapmaker won't have to waste time creating slipspace lanes everywhere. Win-Win for the devs.

Though thats speculating how it'll work.

#25 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

    Crewman

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:30 PM

Considering they got the ability working, then it probably won't do that if the lanes were reliant on a very temporary connection points (similar to the Vasari 'stabilise phase space', only they will just link to a random planet), and the mapmaker won't have to waste time creating slipspace lanes everywhere. Win-Win for the devs.

Though thats speculating how it'll work.

but... then you have turtles like me... who rely on strategic planets who offer the only access to a star or to my empire as defensive points...
this would completely ruin strategy except you have to choose what you want to defend... and against the AI it would be a roll of the dice

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users