• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

I'm not a Halo scholar but I thought of what I personally believe to be an interesting idea on how the Forerunners could return to the universe in an alive, but diminished form.

So I know the dev team are waiting until they get the Covenant/UNSC nice a polished before tackling the potential Forerunner remnant faction. It seems to me the devs don't know exactly how they want the Forerunners to return(IIRC they are leaning towards shield worlds and stuff)....so I'd like to suggest the following:

100,000+ years ago the Librarian went on an expedition to the dwarf galaxy Path Kethona, or Large Magellanic Cloud as we know it to search for the origins of the flood. She discovered a huge, ancient Forerunner fleet there and a single planet inhabited by an ancient and prehistoric Forerunner society as well as many Precursor artifacts strewn throughout the galaxy.

On this planet, there was a biological knowledge depository detailing the Forerunners rebellion and eradication of the Precursors 10,000,000 years ago. It would also logically contain info of their original home, the Milky Way. So as this society matured, and reached out into space....they would encounter the same Forerunner and Precursor technologies that the Librarian did, they could have used this the greatly accelerate their technological growth to levels we know the Forerunners for. At the same time, they would learn more of their lost home, the Milky Way....and, for the sake of our story, yearn to reclaim it.

They would learn much of their race and civilization, but they would be ignorant to the current state of things.

http://www.halopedia...to_Path_Kethona

#2 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

http://www.halopedia.org/Path_Kethona

Apparently not.....I was so enthused by this idea too. Goddamn you trigger happy Master Builder Faber.

Technically Path Kethona is farther from the Milky Way than a Halo's effective firing range(by a large margin at that), but it's possible that the Greater Ark(which Omega Halo orbited) WAS in range of Path Kethona......possible that it wasn't too.

Oh what could have been...

#3 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

If I recall correctly, the Halo Faber fired was of a model that fired a directed pulse, rather than the omnidirectional wave of the current 7 installations. Effective range wasn't really a problem for that model.

• MrChipps and Jaeger like this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:57 AM

We have a pretty solid plan for the lore relating to the return of the Forerunners.

• VDNKh, haseo yashimora, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and 2 others like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#5 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

eb2c2ae0af1e45c49bc2b5717eb8399f.jpg ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#6 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Someone make a hype train with the engine replaced by a Halcyon.

• haseo yashimora likes this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#7 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

We have a pretty solid plan for the lore relating to the return of the Forerunners.

I'm seriously looking forward to this and pretty much any announcement you folks do.

#8 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

My body is ready.

#9 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

Lack of weed in that image is disheartening.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

Lack of weed in that image is disheartening.

give me time boy, give me time

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users