#1 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

This is a topic about the new Hunt The Truth audio series and the videos released with it.

So far there has new slipspace abnormalities, profiling of the Master Chief and history of Eridanus II insurrection history. Interesting stuff so far. What do you guys think of it?

This is the major point though! This teaser video released with the latest part.

https://youtu.be/tHQiYPiNVEE

HOLY SHIT! A destroyed world, a confrontation and so much more. So much is in it! Dead humans lying around, Infinity burning in the sky and John sitting on the ground with his left arm ripped up and a hole through him!?. How could he cause all this? What did he do? Why would he? I really want to hear what you guys think about this.

• cagywhiterino likes this

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#2 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

You beat me to creating this you little crap head

And wow! Thanks for pointing out the burning infinity and stuff to me, never realized it! Now I have to wait till next Sunday for more!

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#3 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! If you're watching TWD AND YOU JUST SAW THAT! I WILL LINK IT WHEN ITS OUT BUT HOLY S***

• Crisiss and Whitehalomango like this

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#4 David0425

David0425

Petty Officer Second Class

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Steam:dtw0425
  • LocationEarth, Homefleet, UNSC Glorious Warrior

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

I love how they created two trailers, defiantly adds a lot more suspense
"They must love the smell of Green." Thanks SOTP Modding team for all your Hard work, and effort in this mod!<br />
-Sergeant Avery Johnson,Halo 3<br />
Spoiler

#5 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

The Infinity is quite clearly under attack by a grunt that is using a plasma pistol /s

I'm willing to bet the Infinity got ass fucked by either 

A) A Forerunner ship

B ) A Covenant fleet that surpised her

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#6 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

Actually it was blown up from the inside by all the insurrectionist Spartans.

• MrChipps and Sev like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

Lead by Kelly.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#8 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

Lead by Kelly.

I would give up on life if blue team (if that is their name) was the leader of the insurrections!

#9 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:50 AM

Nailed it
Sweden can into gender!

#10 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:21 AM

The problem is that we'll never get to that moment in the game.

Remember?

The whole thing of the Didact interrogating the Chief was cool...too bad it never happened.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#11 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

You say that though like all games were like that, halo CE had dinosaurs! Halo 2 had brutes on earth and a completely scraped level that, not gonna lie looked pretty awesome. Halo 3, can come to any at the moment but in due time. So really, you can't just throw halo 4 under the bus (with 343).

#12 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

You say that though like all games were like that, halo CE had dinosaurs! Halo 2 had brutes on earth and a completely scraped level that, not gonna lie looked pretty awesome. Halo 3, can come to any at the moment but in due time. So really, you can't just throw halo 4 under the bus (with 343).

Theres reasons for the first two though that doesn't boil down to bungie going "nah don't want them"

Halo CE and the Wolves was because they just couldn't get the physics working right in time so it got scrapped along with the rest of the animals.

Halo 2 and that level was becaue it would literally crash the xbox if you didn't follow the right path. Bungie literally broke the orignal Xbox because they were pushing it to basically beyond its limits.

Halo 4 could of actually had a the Didact question the Chief cutscene 343 just chose not to. Although I don't think anybody holds that against them. I think the reason Halo 4 is so hated is because of a few thing. My main gripe was that bullshit quick time event at the end. Let me fight a damn forerunner not some bullshit QTE.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#13 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

Theres reasons for the first two though that doesn't boil down to bungie going "nah don't want them"

Halo CE and the Wolves was because they just couldn't get the physics working right in time so it got scrapped along with the rest of the animals.

Halo 2 and that level was becaue it would literally crash the xbox if you didn't follow the right path. Bungie literally broke the orignal Xbox because they were pushing it to basically beyond its limits.

Halo 4 could of actually had a the Didact question the Chief cutscene 343 just chose not to. Although I don't think anybody holds that against them. I think the reason Halo 4 is so hated is because of a few thing. My main gripe was that bullshit quick time event at the end. Let me fight a damn forerunner not some bullshit QTE.

I second that. I'm pretty sure a majority, if not all, halo fans were *quite* disappointed with that. I also hated the multiplayer and it made Chief some needy teenager. I understand that he cares for cortana, but good grief. He's not some sappy, emotional 13 year old girl.

• Whitehalomango likes this

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#14 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:54 PM

I second that. I'm pretty sure a majority, if not all, halo fans were *quite* disappointed with that. I also hated the multiplayer and it made Chief some needy teenager. I understand that he cares for cortana, but good grief. He's not some sappy, emotional 13 year old girl.

The MP I can agree with to an extent. To fix that all they need to do is have a playlist with pre determined loadouts. You please the old school halo fans and people who come from other games.

As for Chief I think his chracter was good in Halo 4 you just had too understand what war does to a person. Chief has faced things no modern human could understand without pissing themselves. He saw countless friends and Spartans die right in front of him. Then he gets stranded for 4 years abit asleep is waken by Cortana and blah blah blah happens before finally he fails his mission to protect Ivanoff from the composer which probably got to him. After that he fight his way to the didact and just as he thinks he is about to win Cortana gets Ainapped. Once he defeats the Didact he prepares to sacrifice himself but is saved by Cortana at the last minute and then Cortana one of the last people who he could connect with basically tells him she is going to die and theres nothing he can do about it. It would not honestly surprise me if Chief had severe PTSD in several forms by the end of Halo 4. A spartan is a spartan but every man has his limits.

War fucks your mind up espcially when you see a friend die and chief has seen lots friends, companions, and Spartans die. I mean look what happen to some of the people we send over to the middle east. They might not see anyone die but they can still develop PTSD from being at a FOB that is constantly hit with with mortars. Spartans have been trained to be the best but even their augumentations can't stop PTSD.

• Sev likes this

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#15 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

Another important thing to remember is that carrying Cortana in his armor actually feels like she's becoming a part of his mind. Her voice feels like it's coming from inside his own head. When all is said and done, they spent no more than a few months actively working with each other. But this close proximity, their interdependence on one another's expertise in their respective spheres of influence, the extreme nature of the Covenant and Flood threats; these factors allow this short period to be more than enough time for a close relationship to foster.

He wasn't losing a friend in the wreckage above Earth. He was losing a part of himself.

• Zero, MrChipps, Whitehalomango and 1 other like this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#16 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Don't know if any of you guys saw this but b958493d607c82d77358ee780769cd15.jpg50c18f2e7ed85983b2844d4c38aacaf9.jpg847bf7116d920197752f5b38a0128edc.jpg

If any of you can tell but that was a image for halo 2 (obviously) but it shows how war propaganda even exists in halo.

#17 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:13 AM

So? If Bungie did it first, then no one can blame 343i?

I have thrown Halo 4 and the whole damn 343i under the bus since they killed the Didact in a comic. And since they killed the ODST franchise with the new book. They're garbage and all they've accomplished doing so far is to ruin the lore.

Hunt this Truth.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#18 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

killed the odst franchise? They made an intense and good book. It's kind of hard to make a cake without breaking a few eggs. The only way they would have killed odst is because they became Spartans, which really isn't that bad.

#19 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

killed the odst franchise? They made an intense and good book. It's kind of hard to make a cake without breaking a few eggs. The only way they would have killed odst is because they became Spartans, which really isn't that bad.

That's your opinion.

• Crisiss and cagywhiterino like this

#20 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

They made an intense and good book

>Immediately kills off hyper-lethal badass because reasons.

>Arbitrary, implausible explanation for why his team can't save him.

>Mickey betrays the team because angst.

Yup. Good book.

Edit: I forgot to mention how fucking pitiful SPARTAN-IVs are, and how half of them are traitors for no apparent reason.

• MrChipps, SternuS, Crisiss and 3 others like this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users