44 replies to this topic

#21 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

>Immediately kills off hyper-lethal badass because reasons.

>Arbitrary, implausible explanation for why his team can't save him.

>Mickey betrays the team because angst.

Yup. Good book.

Edit: I forgot to mention how fucking pitiful SPARTAN-IVs are, and how half of them are traitors for no apparent reason.

Not to mention the fact that Buck didn't know what he was doing. In real life, you don't send one person to clear a hostile building. At the very minimum it's two-by-two.

• MrChipps, SternuS, Crisiss and 1 other like this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#22 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

What the fuck has happened to Master Chief!?! I can safely say that the tension is rising for EVERYONE. It just gets better and better but why would John want to do all those 'things'? Why the hell would he KILL peace ambassadors? Anybody think it has something to do with that new book, Last Light or something completely different?

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#23 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

What the fuck has happened to Master Chief!?! I can safely say that the tension is rising for EVERYONE. It just gets better and better but why would John want to do all those 'things'? Why the hell would he KILL peace ambassadors? Anybody think it has something to do with that new book, Last Light or something completely different?

. That's actually a really good observation, possible spoiler
Spoiler

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#24 Insert IGN

Insert IGN

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Steam:<Insert IGN Here>
  • LocationHarvard & Trustee

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

Maybe ONI ordered him do it, being a "Machine" and all he followed the orders to the letter, after which he regretted then started questioning himself, that's why he went AWOL? To discover himself

"Economy, Unemployment, Education. These are all words."
Spoiler

#25 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

From Escalation, we believe he went AWOL shortly after the events of Halo 4 with Blue team, against the orders of any person or otherwise., to go around and help/save people. This is about what we know, though it might be wrong.

Remember Off-Topic!

#26 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:58 AM

I'd say that somehow Chief has become aware that ONI is trying to stop the Covenant remnants from reforming, and their "peace ambassador" was planning to kill the delegates or something equally serious. I also would be surprised if Ferro is either an ONI agent or an insurrectionist. It looks like she's trying to ignite a full scale civil war, which sounds like either something the insurrectionists from the Kilo V trilogy would do, or some ONI scheme to provide an excuse to 1) stay in control over the military, and 2) draw out full scale insurrection so it can crush it and bring the already dissatisfied Outer Colonies back into line.

• cagywhiterino likes this
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#27 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

FERO, Rebel Leader - Janina Gavankar

http://news.xbox.com..._medium=twitter

A leak on who FERO is and who voices her.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#28 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:12 PM

FERO, Rebel Leader - Janina Gavankar

http://news.xbox.com..._medium=twitter

A leak on who FERO is and who voices her.

and at this moment Microsoft knew... they f*ucked up

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#29 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:52 PM

I still think FERO is Admiral Osman. She's got the connections and power to do it and the motivation to make the child kidnapping/testing public, also the balls to use John as a tool, since she'd see him as an equal.

• MrChipps and cagywhiterino like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#30 war5444

war5444

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationONI, Sydney

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

Not to mention the fact that Buck didn't know what he was doing. In real life, you don't send one person to clear a hostile building. At the very minimum it's two-by-two.

Yeah, and that's for a small residential building.

I still think FERO is Admiral Osman. She's got the connections and power to do it and the motivation to make the child kidnapping/testing public, also the balls to use John as a tool, since she'd see him as an equal.

I don't know man, but what whoud ADM Osman have to go 'dark'?

She's a full ADM, heir to ONI, no need to 'go dark'.

Plus then my babe Vaz would have to show up :P

#31 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:59 PM

I don't think this is actually made up by ONI. The Chief acted by himself. Saving the ambassador's life, he spared another breakup with the Covenant.

Although I wonder how did he know. Someone had to inform him about the threat, I don't think he would've gone there just by following a request of security by an ambassador.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#32 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:22 AM

Two part season finale today motherfuckers. Lock and load your MA5s.

• SternuS likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#33 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:37 AM

However this will end, I will admit it's been a good supplement from 343i. Nothing extraordinary, but it kept me really interested in this.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#34 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

Spoiler

Damn those last 2 were great. I thought Ben had oni by the balls but then they turned around and cracked down on him hard.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#35 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:42 PM

Spoiler

Damn those last 2 were great. I thought Ben had oni by the balls but then they turned around and cracked down on him hard.

yea man he totally got rekt.

YmSsY2C.png

#36 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:12 PM

so... what is the schedule for Hunt the Truth?

on what days does it get posted so i can keep up with it...

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#37 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:31 PM

So does this mean it continues from Petra's point? Is she the new main character? What happened to Ray? Is he dead? IS Benjamin dead? What happened to Petrosky? The relay was bait? Find out next episode of Hunt The Truth...hopefully...

Remember Off-Topic!

#38 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

I thought that was the end... It would be really cool though during the Microsoft thing at E3 Petra hacked in and started leaking information, that would be an awesome introduction to the halo 5 stugg
  • Whitehalomango likes this

#39 KhevaKins

KhevaKins

Cautiously Captivated

• Members
  • 2,133 posts
  • Steam:KhevaKins
  • LocationChooglin

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

So are ONI/Osman not going to release the actual origin of the Spartan IIs? Or are they still waiting to do it?

Was FERO planned (part of ONIs trickery) or was she an unexpected complication that didn't actually end up doing much damage, other than killing two ONI/Sapien agents?

This gets confusing. When writers cast into doubt the information they gave you to begin with it is hard to figure out what is real and isn't real,

kinda like the origins of the Flood being confusing since alot of the info comes from Didact being/ after being interrogated by Gravemind or info coming from the Flood themselves.

Spoiler

led203_crashed_0.pngled203.jpg

#40 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

With ONI having control over the cameras, they could easily edit the footage to crop FERO out.

What might have happened is that ONI said to the SS 'Hey we know a guy who sells weapons at a bargain rate'. The SS guys enter the house, and ONI sends in FERO to kill them, and edit the cameras to show no one else entered the house.

After all, she gave Ben access to her account, so ONI can prove he was FERO, AND so he can investigate Bliss. I don't think its that much of a stretch to believe ONI orchestrated the whole thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users