• Create Account

Photo

Are Jul 'Mdama's days numbered? (E3 Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

Looks like the Arbiter's fleet are kicking 'Mdama's ass in the E3 trailer with the first battle taking place on the final covenant stronghold.  Also the trailer shows Locke wounding him?  I have to say I'll be sad to see Jul go, Halo needs to let their Villains have a bit more time before cutting them down.  

#2 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

I bet the arbiter dies.

YmSsY2C.png

#3 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

I bet the arbiter dies.

That would be a good plot point, but I really hope not.
  • Whitehalomango, Sev and cagywhiterino like this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#4 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

I bet the arbiter dies.

That would be a good plot point, but I really hope not.

That would be a great epitaph for 343i.

I just hope if someone has to die, at least it will happen in the game, and not IN A SIDE COMIC NO ONE IS GOING TO READ

• MrChipps, DGaius, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and 2 others like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#5 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

I doubt the Arbiter will die.  Similar to ASOIAF, you need a POV on every faction.  

The Covenant had Jul 'Mdama, with the end of the Covenant, Jul is no longer really needed.  If Thel dies, you basically lose any interest in the plot of the Sangheili.  Unless they build up other Sangheili characters like Rtas, Uze and N'Tho to take his place.  

#6 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

Well, last covenant stronghold does not HAVE to mean M'damas covenant, it could be a cell loyal to the prophets.
Sweden can into gender!

#7 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:39 AM

It could also be the Servants of Abiding Truth. For all we know this part of some small rebel Sangheili that worship a used vibrator they found on a planet during the war.

• DGaius and cagywhiterino like this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#8 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:13 PM

Well, last covenant stronghold does not HAVE to mean M'damas covenant, it could be a cell loyal to the prophets.

Doubt it, considering it is based on Sanghelios.  It does say the Arbiter's been fighting a long time for this moment, which given his battles with 'Mdama since 2554 kind of make sense.  

#9 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

Doubt it, considering it is based on Sanghelios.  It does say the Arbiter's been fighting a long time for this moment, which given his battles with 'Mdama since 2554 kind of make sense.  

He has been battling eveyone and their grandmothers since the Great Schism

Sweden can into gender!

#10 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

He has been battling eveyone and their grandmothers since the Great Schism

True, but Mdama rendered his flagship, the Shadow of Intent combat ineffective, and likely almost killed him.  

#11 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:48 AM

True, but Mdama rendered his flagship, the Shadow of Intent combat ineffective, and likely almost killed him.  

WHAT? WHEN? HOW?

• MrChipps and Lord Stark like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#12 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:26 AM

WHAT? WHEN? HOW?

I don't think thats true. I just skimmed through both halopedia and halowikia and nothing there said anything about Jul being anywhere near the Shadow of Intent or having a chance to kill Thel.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#13 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:16 AM

Please don't tell me you just spoiled Hunters in the Dark. Please.

• cagywhiterino likes this

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#14 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

WHAT? WHEN? HOW?

I don't think thats true. I just skimmed through both halopedia and halowikia and nothing there said anything about Jul being anywhere near the Shadow of Intent or having a chance to kill Thel.

Please don't tell me you just spoiled Hunters in the Dark. Please.

Skim harder bro.

"Between March 6 and August 24, 2553, Shadow of Intent was believed to be retrieving former Covenant long-range exploratory fleets. On April 22, 2554, the ship was rendered combat-ineffective after a battle with Jul 'Mdama's forces. Up to November 6, 2556, Shadow of Intent was still used against both 'Mdama's Covenant and Jiralhanae forces."- Source halopedia/ the catalogue 

Its on both Jul 'Mdama's Covenant faction page and Shadow of Intent's page.
Also no, that wasn't in Hunters in the Dark.  Although these events may be covered in the new novella titled Shadow of Intent.

Here is the post for those interested.

Query Answer: Human naval and [frumentarii] records indicate [Covenant] [destroyer] Shadow of Intent as a priority intelligence target. Records indicate repair and refit of vessel at mobile shipyard in [records inaccessible] system [December 30, 2552]. Deployed to Erde-Tyrene [February 29 - March 3, 2553] for diplomatic mission. No record of vessel and associated support vessels from [March 6, 2553 - August 24, 2553] - [frumentarii] [signals analysis] infers deployment to [provinces] to [search and assess] after return of [Covenant] long-range exploratory fleets. Deployed in internecine conflicts in [CE-80-9012] [ref: Urs] system and [topologically proximate] transit points from [May 24, 2553 - April 15, 2554]. Rendered [combat ineffective] during fleet action against [Covenant] [faction] forces [ref: Jul 'Mdama] in [records inaccessible] system on [April 22, 2554]. No record of vessel from [April 22, 2554 - November 6, 2556] - Human naval [chatter] reference vessel several times in [onion] encrypted communications not accessible to full [frumentarii] analysis - inferred activity against [servus ferrox] fleet elements in [macto cognatus] core [sphere]. Vessel appeared with previously unidentified logistical support craft [November 6, 2556] in [Urs] system to pacify [faction] forces. Vessel left [Urs] system [February 2, 2557] on diplomatic mission to [Covenant] [sphere]. Participated in [exercitatio] with Human naval elements [May 6, 2557 - June 1, 2557] against [latrones] in mixed zone of control [ref: Joint Occupation Zone] - [frumentarii] threat dynamic analysis noted significant improvement in the vessels [dynamic capabilities] and alterations to [nanolaminate] hull plating. Analysis of detritus collected after [exercitatio] purged from [frumentarii] low-echelon secure networks and forwarded to priority [cores]. Vessel dispatched with support fleet [June 1, 2557 - March 3, 2558] to protect [macto cognatus] core [sphere]. Recent [frumentarii] records [naufragum] of three [speculatoria navigia] tasked to monitor vessel's fleet activities. Losses not reported to Human naval authorities.

#15 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

It could also be the Servants of Abiding Truth. For all we know this part of some small rebel Sangheili that worship a used vibrator they found on a planet during the war.

I almost spit the water out of my mouth.

• DGaius likes this

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#16 MrChipps

MrChipps

• Contributor
  • 789 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

I almost spit the water out of my mouth.

The naïveté
  • DGaius likes this
Sweden can into gender!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users