44 replies to this topic

#1 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts
  • LocationOver in that Battlecruiser, and that one, and that one, and-

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Most of you have probably seen the Halo 5 stuff coming out of E3.  If not I suggest you start looking at it, but for now here's a short campaign demo.

Watching that you may notice some new ships designs!  I've grabbed a screenshot of three of them.

I can't be sure, but I believe that the ship at the very top near the shield indicator is the same kind of ship near the center of the screen, just the other side of it.  So they'd basically be facing different directions.  Hard to tell.  This *could* maybe be the Reverence-class?

Spoiler

This ship actually looks disturbingly familiar in some ways.

Spoiler

This might actually be the same ship from the first screenshot.  Curiously, it looks a lot like graphic novel designs of the CRS-class light cruiser before 343 just downscaled a CCS.

Spoiler

Thoughts?  Might have some fun new ships to play with.

• KhevaKins, Fleet Admiral agigabyte, David0425 and 2 others like this

#2 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit that game looks sick man. Still not gonna get a xbone extra for this shit.

YmSsY2C.png

#3 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:17 PM

That last photo is a gaurdian and phantom there is no ships there silly /s

That first ship could be a troop transporter since it seems pretty big.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#4 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:57 AM

That last photo is a gaurdian and phantom there is no ships there silly /s

That first ship could be a troop transporter since it seems pretty big.

Psssst; upper left corner.

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

In my opinion, alle the new designs are shown in the first picture.

At the far right of it (clearly more visible in the secodn picture) there's the vessel we could see during the Halo 5 Beta on the Heretic remake map. Hence, I would consider it to be an Arbiter vessel.

The ship at the centre of the first pciture is strikingly looking like a CCS cut in half.

The vesse at the top is quite probably the same in the third picture. Compare the long, central thick fin.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

Psssst; upper left corner.

you should re read my comment (hint: /s)

• Hageshii01 likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#7 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

GUARDIAN AS FORERUNNER CAPITAL SHIP PLS THX
  • Unikraken and Cole Protocol like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

you should re read my comment (hint: /s)

Hiding super tiny text in my thread, hmm?

Yeah, missed it.  lol

#9 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

Guardian would be an excellent addition to the FR fleet.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#10 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

h5-guardians-render-guardian-scale-1fb6e

Just yes. For those unaware of in - universe dimensions Guardian here checks in at ~800 feet less than a CAS. Around the size of a CCS. It would fit in perfectly.

As for the Covenant ships, I would love to see them wind up in the mod in some form or another. The first one reminds me of some type of carrier. 343 has stated in the past that the Covenant do possess a more "conventional" line of carriers that function as just that, carriers. As opposed to the CAS, that really just has Carrier tacked on to make it that much scarier. I could see this fitting into that role.

The second one, looking at how many appear and their size (you can see what I mean if you played on the heretic remake), i'd say they were a Covenant frigate of sorts, perhaps a cannon representation of the CAR?

The third, im stumped on what it could be. Assuming that the white "dot" is the engine, it would more than likely be a smaller ship, as size is rather hard to tell in the shots. Now if its the front, that changes things completely. It would probably be bigger if that was the case, and the "dot" may be a forward mounted EP or Torpedo launcher, and on a massive scale. In any case, these ships are all pretty good looking what-ever-they-are-s.

Edited by Cole Protocol, 21 June 2015 - 10:37 AM.
Lore goof

• Unikraken and SternuS like this

#11 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

Wow. I didn't think it looked anywhere near THAT big. Still cool. I would say Titan but MA.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

Yeah, but can it operate in space? It looks "landed" on the planet.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#13 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, but can it operate in space? It looks "landed" on the planet.

It's Forerunner, it can probably travel through time and make you the best damn espresso you ever tried while melting your brain with knowledge of why life exists in the first place.
  • Crisiss, Whitehalomango and Riftis like this
Sweden can into gender!

#14 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

It's Forerunner, it can probably travel through time and make you the best damn espresso you ever tried while melting your brain with knowledge of why life exists in the first place.

I know, but...

Crawlers.

• cagywhiterino likes this

#15 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

Wow. I didn't think it looked anywhere near THAT big. Still cool. I would say Titan but MA.

Yes, the MA is a thing, but nothing says we couldn't find a way for both to be titans. If my admittedly limited knowledge on faction/research related code is correct, we could have the player lock out one titan when they get the other in a manner similar to Soge.

Thinking more though, the Guardian doesn't seem to be a warship, at least not in the conventional sense. Only time can tell, but looking at it, it has an incredibly inefficient design for a warship, and does not resemble Forerunner combat vessels. The shear amount of detached/floating sections would imply that the ship was not meant to hold a conventional crew and/or weapons. If I were to infer anything about it off the limited information E3 provided, I would say its more of a living artifact, or specifically the (spoilers:) Domain. Regardless of its purpose, i'm sure we can work it in one or another.

• MasterBuilderFaber likes this

#16 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

>implying any Forerunner ship design is efficient

but you are right, I guess we will have to wait and see what it actually does since we have seen literally no capabilities at all as of yet.

I'm not a huge fan of the SoGE method but we will have to wait and see what happens with that I guess.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#17 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

Yes, the MA is a thing, but nothing says we couldn't find a way for both to be titans. If my admittedly limited knowledge on faction/research related code is correct, we could have the player lock out one titan when they get the other in a manner similar to Soge.

Thinking more though, the Guardian doesn't seem to be a warship, at least not in the conventional sense. Only time can tell, but looking at it, it has an incredibly inefficient design for a warship, and does not resemble Forerunner combat vessels. The shear amount of detached/floating sections would imply that the ship was not meant to hold a conventional crew and/or weapons. If I were to infer anything about it off the limited information E3 provided, I would say its more of a living artifact, or specifically the (spoilers:) Domain. Regardless of its purpose, i'm sure we can work it in one or another.

remember at one point in the demo Locke says : " do you think the chief is already onboard?". Or someone i don't really know. Proving that it does have some sort of location to hold a crew of some sorts
  • Unikraken and Crisiss like this

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#18 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

Just yes. For those unaware of in - universe dimensions Guardian here checks in at ~800 feet less than a CAS. It would fit in perfectly.

As for the Covenant ships, I would love to see them wind up in the mod in some form or another. The first one reminds me of some type of carrier. 343 has stated in the past that the Covenant do possess a more "conventional" line of carriers that function as just that, carriers. As opposed to the CAS, that really just has Carrier tacked on to make it that much scarier. I could see this fitting into that role.

The second one, looking at how many appear and their size (you can see what I mean if you played on the heretic remake), i'd say they were a Covenant frigate of sorts, perhaps a cannon representation of the CAR?

The third, im stumped on what it could be. Assuming that the white "dot" is the engine, it would more than likely be a smaller ship, as size is rather hard to tell in the shots. Now if its the front, that changes things completely. It would probably be bigger if that was the case, and the "dot" may be a forward mounted EP or Torpedo launcher, and on a massive scale. In any case, these ships are all pretty good looking what-ever-they-are-s.

Wait no...The CAS is 5,300 meters  not feet.  This ship is only about 1400m tall.  Smaller than a CCS.

Edited by Cole Protocol, 21 June 2015 - 10:25 AM.
remove pics pls

• MasterBuilderFaber likes this

#19 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:34 AM

Wait no...The CAS is 5,300 meters  not feet.  This ship is only about 1400m tall.  Smaller than a CCS.

whoops. Yep you'd be right.

remember at one point in the demo Locke says : " do you think the chief is already onboard?". Or someone i don't really know. Proving that it does have some sort of location to hold a crew of some sorts

Point taken, but just because it can hold 1 Spartan doesn't mean that it has a real capacity for crew members and/or other personnel. If anything, I would like to think that the guardian is autonomous, like a sentinel, for the most part anyway. The fact that it has 'eyes' supports this:

A4d7hOP.png

Again, only time will tell its real purpose/what it can do or hold.

#20 Hageshii01

Hageshii01

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

That white dot/teardrop is just sparks/debris in the mid-ground.  It's not part of the ship.  You can see a couple other ones scattered around it.  I think there's a missing section of wall/ceiling just out of frame in that shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users