• Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

More Ships? (And other balance thoughts)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

thank you for
Giving me an
Actual answer unlike someone... :P

You

are

welcome

!

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#22 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:19 AM

You
are
welcome
!

suddenly less thankful after you just gave me that sass

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#23 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

suddenly less thankful after you just gave me that sass

I'm more thankful, if that helps.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#24 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

I think this would
Be the right spot for this. Do you guys think you could add a Thanatos called the "Staff of Charon"? Like you did the "Mother of Invention"

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#25 Andy493

Andy493

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Steam:andy_493
  • LocationSewaren NJ

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

With the arrival of the ORS will the UNSC Phoenix class assault ship gain any extra buffs or balancing towards the new covie cap ship? Such as more hp or more fighters?

#26 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

With the arrival of the ORS will the UNSC Phoenix class assault ship gain any extra buffs or balancing towards the new covie cap ship? Such as more hp or more fighters?

The Phoenix-class Assault Ship is in fact weaker compared to the public release; it cannot hope to stand up to the ORS, Shiva excluded. While more powerful than any UNSC frigate, it is by a notable margin the weakest UNSC capital ship. However, it does have more fighters now.

• SternuS and Riftis like this

#27 Andy493

Andy493

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Steam:andy_493
  • LocationSewaren NJ

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Ok at least it has more fighters that can help.

#28 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

The Phoenix-class Assault Ship is in fact weaker compared to the public release; it cannot hope to stand up to the ORS, Shiva included.

Fixed. I've lost against an ORS with a Shiva and several frigates backing the Phoenix up.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#29 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:13 AM

Honestly, I doubt even a Marathon and a Phoenix can beat an ORS, at even levels. The ORS is quite a pain in the ass for the UNSC.

And I love it!

• SiRD31M0S likes this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#30 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:49 AM

Honestly, I doubt even a Marathon and a Phoenix can beat an ORS, at even levels. The ORS is quite a pain in the ass for the UNSC.

And I love it!

How many Autumns would you need for an even match with an ORS? All ships at the same level.
Sweden can into gender!

#31 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:42 AM

How many Autumns would you need for an even match with an ORS? All ships at the same level.

If we were to put a level 1 ORS against a level 1 Autumn, I'm quite sure the ORS would prevail. So I'd go with 2 Autumns with shivas. Without shivas, 3 Autumns. But there are many factors to include here, like fighters: how many fighters and how many bombers? I wouldn't know. One thing I'm quite certain is that 1 on 1, level 1, ORS wins.

Unless you give the Autumn the boarding party ability, of course.

(note to mods: in the ship stats file in the mod folder, I'm missing the UNSC. Don't know if forgot to put in or just not done yet.)

#32 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:05 AM

If we were to put a level 1 ORS against a level 1 Autumn, I'm quite sure the ORS would prevail. So I'd go with 2 Autumns with shivas. Without shivas, 3 Autumns. But there are many factors to include here, like fighters: how many fighters and how many bombers? I wouldn't know. One thing I'm quite certain is that 1 on 1, level 1, ORS wins.

(note to mods: in the ship stats file in the mod folder, I'm missing the UNSC. Don't know if forgot to put in or just not done yet.)

Oki, goody then. Consider mer warned, the ORS is a bitch to take on.

• SternuS likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#33 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

That should have no effect on it being that the ORS is a cap, that ability can only target frigs.

#34 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

That should have no effect on it being that the ORS is a cap, that ability can only target frigs.

Bloody heavens! You are right, I goofed a bit there.

#35 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

It's a different sheet; look at bottom of the file and switch to the UNSC sheet.

It heavily depends on if the ORS has EMP hardening yet or not. If it does, Shivas will have no disabling effect, just do damage. Further, whether the Autumns are errr, beefier [ONI SECTION II CLEARANCE REQUIRED], has an impact as well. I imagine 2 can take it on, but I could be wrong.

#36 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

It's a different sheet; look at bottom of the file and switch to the UNSC sheet.

It heavily depends on if the ORS has EMP hardening yet or not. If it does, Shivas will have no disabling effect, just do damage. Further, whether the Autumns are errr, beefier [ONI SECTION II CLEARANCE REQUIRED], has an impact as well. I imagine 2 can take it on, but I could be wrong.

Dem sheets, tho! ....I always miss them. Thanks.

Wait, is that...is that still classified? If that is what I think it is...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users