12 replies to this topic

#1 spartan3227mike

spartan3227mike

Crewman Apprentice

• Political Prisoner
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCASTLE BASE Reach

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

So if I'm reading the wikia properly Lord Hood was able to fend off thousands of covenant ships to where there were only 45 left is there anywhere in the halo books saying to how big the covenant fleet really was?

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

I don't think we ever got any hard numbers, but the size of their fleet was drastically reduced by the Great Schism. Regardless, we can assume Hood's defense eliminated a huge number; the fleet that destroyed Reach lost something like 2/3rds of its ~600 ship invasion force before the defenders were smashed, and Earth was considerably better defended.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thread moved to appropriate location.

And basically S F I R hit it right on the nail. Truth took a crap ton of casualties due to the UNSC's generous SMAC spam. Even so, Covenant ship superiority was still able to overwhelm Earths defenses despite Hood's fantastic strategy and entrenchment. In any case, by the end of the Battle of Earth, truth had at least 30 ships remaining, if you look in Halo 3.

#4 spartan3227mike

spartan3227mike

Crewman Apprentice

• Political Prisoner
  • 76 posts
  • LocationCASTLE BASE Reach

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

Well the reason I asked is that I like to recreate some of the big battles using the dev and thanks to Uni I was able to make it to where I get to see every missle being sent the thing Is I'm having trouble recording it will crash every time I try to record any one know how to fix this

#5 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

Truth took a crap ton of casualties due to the UNSC's generous SMAC spam

"Fucking faggots, HEY HUMANS STOP SPAMMING NOOBS AND COME FIGHT ME PUSSIES."
  • chiefship, 베이클라이트, Cole Protocol and 3 others like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

lol the thing is the covenant still ended up fucking up the defence fleet with around 300 ODPs, like shit man the covies should have really thought their stuff through
  • Crisiss likes this

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#7 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

Thread moved to appropriate location.

And basically S F I R hit it right on the nail. Truth took a crap ton of casualties due to the UNSC's generous SMAC spam. Even so, Covenant ship superiority was still able to overwhelm Earths defenses despite Hood's fantastic strategy and entrenchment. In any case, by the end of the Battle of Earth, truth had at least 30 ships remaining, if you look in Halo 3.

Are the Covenant only in Africa? I forget. I could have sworn on the world map at Crow's Nest you can see Covenant Fleet positions all across the globe.

#8 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

Are the Covenant only in Africa? I forget. I could have sworn on the world map at Crow's Nest you can see Covenant Fleet positions all across the globe.

The battle took place across the planet, but since the portal to the Ark was in East Africa, that was the focus of the Covenant's attention and force deployment.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#9 JasonAHawkins

JasonAHawkins

Loves Bornsteller, who wouldn't?

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

I recall reading in one of the books that there were brutes in Cuba or Mexico taking nukes up a mag lift to orbit.

• Riftis likes this
Bornsteller is so good of a modeler that he should be on the cover of Victoria Secret.™

#10 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

I recall reading in one of the books that there were brutes in Cuba or Mexico taking nukes up a mag lift to orbit.

Yeah, that's from Ghosts of Onyx, about two thirds of the way through, the brutes were taking the nukes from Havana to help with excavation of the portal of Voi. If I recall correctly I believe that is the only mention of the wider surface battle outside of Africa.

#11 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

There was a comic series that showed the Covenant's invasion of Ohio, with Colonel Ackerson's brother in it.

The Encyclopedia also references that Antarctic (amongst other places) was being excavated for a suspected forerunner artifact, but was stopped by blue team.
  • Riftis likes this

#12 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

Good call Sev! I completely forgot about Halo: Uprising.

Cleveland_in_2552.PNG

Future America!

#13 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

Australia also was attacked due to the presence of FLEETCOM, in fact I'm pretty sure Sydney was devastated. +there were "A few billion casualties" not counting those evacuated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users