#1 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:15 PM

Here is where we can have discussions on games in general.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#2 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

Burn me at the stake but I preordered Halo 5. I need that Fall of Reach series.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#3 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

I just finished Life is Strange Ep.4 Darkroom and fuck. Just fuck.

Spoiler

But it's been that way for all the episodes so far, especially 3 and 4. i can't wait to see how it ends.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#4 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

is this the gaming news thread 2.0 too?

YmSsY2C.png

#5 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

Sure.

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#6 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

YmSsY2C.png

#7 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:49 AM

Bungie Is Erasing Peter Dinklage From Destiny

1371114355155908709.jpg

For a long time now, the world has laughed at Peter Dinklage’s voice acting in Destiny, a video game about the slow, inevitable progression of death. Soon, that voice acting is going to change. One might even say it’s going to become legend.

Bungie is recasting the role of Ghost, replacing current voice actor Dinklage with newcomer Nolan North (best known as the voice of Nathan Drake in Uncharted). Starting with The Taken King this September, North will voice all of the little orb’s lines. But this isn’t just for future dialogue: Dinklage was so bad, they’re actually going back and recording all of his lines, expunging him from the game entirely. (They’ll keep the same script.)

This news comes from Game Informer’s September cover story, which is all about The Taken King. “We wanted Nolan North’s version of the Ghost to wake you up at the start of the journey at level one and follow you all the way to level forty,” Taken King director Luke Smith told the magazine. (Yeah—the new level cap will be 40. Apparently they’re getting rid of the Light system, too. More to come later today.)

I can’t imagine North’s cadences will do much to improve upon vanilla Destiny’s incredible script—“We’ve woken the Hive!”—but after the unanimously poor reception to Dinklage’s performance and his disappearance from Destiny’s two DLC packs, I guess this was inevitable.

You can reach the author of this post at jason@kotaku.com or on Twitter at @jasonschreier.

Original source

YmSsY2C.png

#8 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

First DLC for Cities Skyline is coming

tumblr_inline_nsodgmFxfv1t3zbx2_1280.png

This new expansion brings Day&Night cycle to the game. It will overhaul the crime system, and jails will be in the game too. After Dark also brings Bikes, bike lanes, bike ways, bus lanes and taxi services as well as Commercial specialization by Leisure and Beach specialization. Leisure areas can be active during the night, but work normally during the day. 
Main Features:

Day and Night Cycle: Day and night changes in the city and affects citizen schedules. Traffic is visibly slower at night and some zoned areas do not work with full efficiency, further easing the traffic. Service vehicles move around as usual. A free update for all users.
Leisure specialization: Commercial areas can specialize in leisure activities. Leisure areas are especially active during the night, but work like regular commercial areas during the day.
Beach specialization: Commercial areas such as beach bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.
Expanded City Services: Criminals will now be taken to Prison from Police buildings. Taxi service will help citizens and tourists travel around the city. Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal. International airport is a huge airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport. It has a metro station attached to it. Bus terminal allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building.
New transportation options: Bikes and dedicated bike lanes and bike ways let citizens opt for a faster alternative to walking. Bus lanes can be used to help the public transportation run smoother.
Price and release date are not announced yet.

YmSsY2C.png

#9 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:48 AM

Paradox Explores, Expands Into Space Games

Paradox Interactive, the studio behind one of the best strategy games of modern times, are for one of their next titles moving past the ages of sword and horse, into the age of starships and aliens with a game called Stellaris. I couldn’t be more psyched.

I know, I know, new game announcements should always be taken with a grain of salt, but this is Paradox in space. Stellaris is described as a “grand strategy” game, which has “an enormous selection of alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris has a deeply challenging system that rewards interstellar exploration as you traverse, discover, interact and learn more about the multitude of species you will encounter during your travels.”

here Jäger perfect basgame for a Halo mod.

YmSsY2C.png

#10 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:21 AM

Valve Offers Unconditional Refunds On Sketchy Steam Game

1375733901836070179.jpg

Journey of the Light was billed as “one of the hardest games on Steam.” Turns out, its first level was unbeatable and the rest were nowhere to be found.

The purposefully obtuse puzzler has been available for purchase on Steam since May. Players—lured in by the promise of a challenge that’d leave their brains looking like sweaty lumps of chewing gum—collaborated in an effort to solve a game with almost no clear hints or cues. It’s actually a pretty cool instance of incomprehensible game design resulting in something fun thanks to the dogged dedication of modern gaming communities. Or at least, it would’ve been.

1375733901995740195.png

Earlier this week one enterprising player went spelunking in the game’s code and discovered that a few things were missing—namely, all of the game’s seven levels except the first. Oh, and that first level? Seemingly unsolvable. If anyone’s beaten it, they’ve stayed awfully quiet about it.

Journey of the Light’s creator, who goes by the handle “Lord Kres,” claimed that a recent update gone awry turned his game into a conspicuously nefarious labyrinth. However, multiple players have pressed him for proof that the other six levels—still advertised on the game’s Steam page—exist, and he’s provided nothing. Not even a screenshot or video. He did, however, say on Steam that he’s now in the process of “testing” the levels and putting them back into the game.

I’ve reached out to Lord Kres twice and given him multiple days to reply, but I’ve yet to hear back. Recently, he tweeted out that he was too sick to do anything, but he continues to engage with people on Twitter. Many players think it all looks awfully sketchy, and they’ve taken to calling the whole thing a scam.

So, all’s well that ends, er, poorly? Not exactly. In an uncommonly proactive move, Valve decided to sweep up the mess on their store’s front porch, offering unconditional refunds to anybody who purchased the game—even if they’d played for more than two hours or owned it for more than two weeks (the typical terms of Steam’s refund policy). Given that Valve usually takes their hands-off approach so seriously that Gabe Newell’s meaty mitts are kept in carbonite stasis except in the event of a race car emergency on Reddit, this is a fairly exceptional use of their power.

1375733902046016291.png

The game has since been yanked from sale on Steam. The store page is still up, but you can’t buy it.

All that’s left now is to wait and see what happens next. It’s entirely possible that Lord Kres made an honest (albeit highly improbable and specific) mistake, only to get sick in the immediate aftermath. If that’s the case, perhaps he’ll, er, un-misplace most of his game soon. Or maybe he’s furiously cobbling together levels that never existed in the first place, a much more damning state of affairs. Here’s hoping this isn’t as bad as it looks.

Source

YmSsY2C.png

#11 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:27 AM

Mod Makes Skyrim Look Like A Pixar Film

1375234195171830083.png

I would very much like to play this version of Skyrim.

Modder UniqueUses has been playing around with Bethesda’s last Elder Scrolls game, and while I’ve seen plenty of visual mods for Skyrim, this is something else. They recently uploaded a series of work-in-progress screen shots to Imgur for what they’re calling “Toon Skyrim.”
It looks incredible.

Spoiler

• SiRD31M0S likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#12 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

Mod Makes Skyrim Look Like A Pixar Film

1375234195171830083.png

I would very much like to play this version of Skyrim.
Modder UniqueUses has been playing around with Bethesda’s last Elder Scrolls game, and while I’ve seen plenty of visual mods for Skyrim, this is something else. They recently uploaded a series of work-in-progress screen shots to Imgur for what they’re calling “Toon Skyrim.”
It looks incredible.

Spoiler

I would play the shit out of this. And then I would stop playing because Skyrim's shitty gameplay would turn that lovely aesthetic into mocking, patronizing incongruity, taunting me with what could have been.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#13 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:22 AM

I would play the shit out of this. And then I would stop playing because Skyrim's shitty gameplay would turn that lovely aesthetic into mocking, patronizing incongruity, taunting me with what could have been.

track nexus mods its coming out soon.

YmSsY2C.png

#14 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

Because everybody seems oblivious to it, I must inform you all. Next year is the year of strategy game sequels. What with Halo Wars 2 and now this.

http://www.yourvision-theirfuture.com/

I'm linking the website and not trailer because they did a fancy little thing with two trailers in one. Hold the spacebar in the video to view a 'second' version. Man, Endless Space was such a great game.

Remember Off-Topic!

#15 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:59 PM

HW2, Xcom 2, awesome!

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#16 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

6d36ac2d6a43af6b.png

• Commander Jbug likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#17 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Bungie Is Erasing Peter Dinklage From Destiny

Idk how I feel about this. Dinklage is like a staple for Bungie being as terrible as it is in terms of story. Now they're casting Nolan North, who's in everything else? On top of that, not bothering to rewrite the lines? Why even bother.

Burn me at the stake but I preordered Halo 5. I need that Fall of Reach series.

So did I. It's like a requirement for me, though.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#18 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

Idk how I feel about this. Dinklage is like a staple for Bungie being as terrible as it is in terms of story. Now they're casting Nolan North, who's in everything else? On top of that, not bothering to rewrite the lines? Why even bother.

Still pisses me off they blew shit loads of money on voice actors and then use them for TWO OR SO FUCKING LINES. Looking at you Jen Taylor aka Tower PA.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#19 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

Jen Taylor as the Ghost would have been epic. A big fuck you to Microsoft.

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

To sure whether to put it here or not but I'm gonna anyway, it's gaming related. http://metrovideogam...wiki/Metro_2035

A new Metro book comes out, now defining the canonical ending of Last Light. I'm interested to see whether it will somehow manage to take the 'heroic' approach or the Redemption ending.

Remember Off-Topic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users