#1 Private Churro

Private Churro

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 19 posts
  • Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/id/codester343/
  • LocationMontez Military Academy, Reach, Epsilon Eridani System

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

I know you people up in the higher ranks have probably already answered this question, but there's this very annoying bug with Covenant fighers that when they undock, they're still in the gravity well, but about 3k lightyears away. Is there a fix for this in this patch, and (if not already) will it be fixed in the new update?

• Riftis likes this
*Playing SSB4 with brother* "Rosalina sucks ass you should never play her, unless you wanna lose" *Proceeds to kick his ass with Rosalina*
Spoiler

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

I still have it happen in the current version of the playtester build. It's probably one of those annoying Sins things that can't be fixed. Or so I'd imagine anyway.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 Private Churro

Private Churro

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

I still have it happen in the current version of the playtester build. It's probably one of those annoying Sins things that can't be fixed. Or so I'd imagine anyway. 

That's a shame. Doesn't this happen in base Sins as well?

*Playing SSB4 with brother* "Rosalina sucks ass you should never play her, unless you wanna lose" *Proceeds to kick his ass with Rosalina*
Spoiler

#4 Private Churro

Private Churro

Crewman Apprentice

• Authorized Playtester
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

Don't mind this comment. It's a glitch in the matrix 

Spoiler

#5 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

Uh this shouldn't be happening. If you have specific cases of where this occurs, tell us immediately and provide saves. These are the sort of bugs PTs should be reporting!

#6 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

Uh this shouldn't be happening. If you have specific cases of where this occurs, tell us immediately and provide saves. These are the sort of bugs PTs should be reporting!

Well, now I know! I'll get on it next time I can reach my computer.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#7 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

I've had this glitch occur fairly regularly, when a hanger or base ship is destroyed, a squadron will occasion move out of the planet's gravity well and just keep on flying until it's destroyed by DoT. This may just be a coincidence, but I feel like it happens more often to Covenant fighters. The squadron will just keep going, well past the point you can order your ships to manually move to, though they can follow or attack move.

I've been screwed by it a couple of times where all my fighters and (if I forget to restrict their engagement range) frigates will pointlessly chase a single squad of fighters out of the gravity well (likely leaving MAC platforms without fighter cover), only for the planet to be attacked and have my force return slowly at sublight speeds.

#8 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

I've had this glitch occur fairly regularly, when a hanger or base ship is destroyed, a squadron will occasion move out of the planet's gravity well and just keep on flying until it's destroyed by DoT. This may just be a coincidence, but I feel like it happens more often to Covenant fighters. The squadron will just keep going, well past the point you can order your ships to manually move to, though they can follow or attack move.

I've been screwed by it a couple of times where all my fighters and (if I forget to restrict their engagement range) frigates will pointlessly chase a single squad of fighters out of the gravity well (likely leaving MAC platforms without fighter cover), only for the planet to be attacked and have my force return slowly at sublight speeds.

awe man I feel you, usually they only fly out there when they have no units and are going to die. So I recommend docking all fighters and setting all frigates to " not move" and wait it out.

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#9 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Fighter screens, particularly around SMACs, definitely benefit from being set to "engagement range near."

Spoiler
Spoiler

#10 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

Pretty sure this is a base game glitch, and only Ironclad can really fix those. However, it is extremely unlikely that they will release any more patches.

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#11 Lavo

Lavo

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

Pretty sure this is a base game glitch, and only Ironclad can really fix those. However, it is extremely unlikely that they will release any more patches.

This isn't a base game bug for crying out loud.

#12 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

So is anybody going to give some sort of bug analysis for this or no?

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#13 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Analysis: it's a bug. It has to do with fighters leaving the gravity well and the domino effects that has if you don't micro everything to death. Lavo seems to have fixed it.

What were you expecting?

Spoiler
Spoiler

#14 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

Is it reproducible? When does it happen? Does it only happen with AI? Does it happen with other players? How often does it happen? What are they doing when they are flying aimlessly? I could go on.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Antonin Scalia, is that you?

Lavo seems to have fixed it.

These words were important. Don't ignore them.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#16 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

I didn't ignore them. Those words were besides the point. What you included was not a bug report.
  • Bornstellaris likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#17 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

It was never meant to be. This isn't the bug report thread, and I didn't start it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#18 Lavo

Lavo

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

S F I R did PM me with more details, to provide me with a complete bug report. Thanks to that information I was able to fix the bug in question. The short and long of it was that the ORS mesh did not have a Hangar point, so its strikecraft spawned in a glitched location.

#19 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

Is it reproducible? When does it happen? Does it only happen with AI? Does it happen with other players? How often does it happen? What are they doing when they are flying aimlessly? I could go on.

I have had it happen several times per game, this is a fairly frequently occurring glitch. It does seem to be only AI fighters that have the issue and I can't recall the problem effecting UNSC fighters, in every single instance of this occurring the squadron will have lost it's base ship (I also cannot recall this issue effecting hanger based squadrons, even if the hangers are destroyed). The fighters literally just fly out of the gravity well, past the point where a player can order ships to move, but also not using the phase lane, as if they are trying to fly to some undetermined point way off in the distance (due to the DoT I have never seen a squadron reach it's destination).

The glitch should be easily reproducible on the public build. Some DDS-classes and OPDs will likely show it.

#20 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

I have had it happen several times per game, this is a fairly frequently occurring glitch. It does seem to be only AI fighters that have the issue and I can't recall the problem effecting UNSC fighters, in every single instance of this occurring the squadron will have lost it's base ship (I also cannot recall this issue effecting hanger based squadrons, even if the hangers are destroyed). The fighters literally just fly out of the gravity well, past the point where a player can order ships to move, but also not using the phase lane, as if they are trying to fly to some undetermined point way off in the distance (due to the DoT I have never seen a squadron reach it's destination).

The glitch should be easily reproducible on the public build. Some DDS-classes and OPDs will likely show it.

Per commit #e33bf63 this bug should be fixed. Please try again on a private build of the mod after that commit. If you get it again, please post here, and if you could, include the following information:
- Faction (If it turns out to affect UNSC ships)
- Number of fighters/squadrons
- Direction of the destroyed ship, and its velocity upon destruction (that's a hunch...)
  • 베이클라이트 and Riftis like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users