• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#61 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

I will still hate the overall experience, but the way you present it seems very well thought out and makes my time investement a little more bearable :P

Hopefully that faith I put into 3.0 in order to accept it doesn't go to waste, and the last movie won't be a complete waste of time.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#62 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 02:43 AM

The mysterious posts by proxy from Bakelit continue. We may only speculate as to what dark journey prohibits his personal posting.

• DGaius likes this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#63 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:47 AM

GUYS

awesome shit right here.

Posted Image

also Gundam Thunderbolt was pretty awesome I just want more. Origins Awesome can't wait for the next and last one?

The mysterious posts by proxy from Bakelit continue. We may only speculate as to what dark journey prohibits his personal posting.

Fallout 4

Japan Is Trying To Make Ghost in the Shell Real

Posted Image

My body is ready for all the cybenetics enhancments oh yeah.
If this would come true it would be pretty sick and awesome.
I wanna be a ghost in the shell too.

gais this thread still alive?

found somesing quite interesting.
https://www.animenew...ld-vs-tv/.98581

Edited by DGaius, 20 February 2016 - 05:29 AM.

YmSsY2C.png

#64 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 February 2016 - 05:28 AM

Is this thread ever alive? It's just the two of us. It was nice to have SFIR here and have a real discussion about one of the shows in the genre for once.

found somesing quite interesting.
https://www.animenew...ld-vs-tv/.98581

That was indeed interesting. I am going to reread it in a couple of days. I am starting to dislike ANN a lot. They are very selective and biased, which is something no journalist should be. But this piece is well written. So it's worth a closer look.

[Double post merged]

I have a few things to share here. First of all, Pacific Rim 2 is moving forward. Against all odds it seems. Original article here: http://deadline.com/...oro-1201708221/ , other source: http://screenrant.co...ight-daredevil/

This is an interesting development. I very much liked Daredevil. Del Toro is still attached, so I am hoping his enthousiasm for the Mecha genre will keep oozing through.

Another, to me very important thing, is that I finally got my hands on Gundam The origin vol. 12. The final volume. The changes to the story were notable, but not distracting. I am not sure if I find all off them great additions. They sure do make sense in the overall grand scheme of things. Particularly the bonus side stories. And overall the story seems more streamlined. For example, it's much more clear now what the creators of the story wanted to say (especially considering the interviews in the bonus section with Yas himself). So thusfar the manga has really been in service of the original story. There is one exception to this. One change I did not care for at all:
Spoiler
Nonetheless, I feel the Origin has shown why Gundam is a (anime) classic and it seems one of the few entries in the genre and medium which shows that Anime (and manga) can hold as much literary and artistic value as any other medium. Again the interviews with Yas and particularly the one with literature professor Uchida give you a great insight in what Gundam is supposed to be. It's slightly psychological, slightly philosophical. But not to the point of being over analytic.

The last paragraph here is why I am disappointed with the last few entries in the Gundam Franchise. And particularly with the luke-warm, if not outright bad, reception of G no Reconquista. It is clear Tomino has a larger agenda, playing off what happened in Mobile Suit Gundam. An idea we see developed in the sequels Z, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, F-91, Victory, Turn-A and eventually G-Reco. It pains me to see Western audiences only grasp parts of it. And when they try putting it together, there's only a handfull of people contributing. Partly perhaps, because of the size of the community. It is almost as if shitposting becomes inevitable. As well as the dismissive behaviour of opinions. Any official outlet that could straighten that out (like ANN), seems to lack resources or outright skilled writers. Admittedly it's hard to come by officially translated interviews and credible sources. But the lack of trying is sad. And unfortunately this topic won't change a lot of it, despite it's good intentions. I can only hope some of you read this rant and see in it a challange to pick up this story and see for yourselves what I am raving about.

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#65 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:46 AM

bann01877_0_1443583878.jpg?v=1443583878bann01877_1_1443583884.jpg?v=1443583884

https://www.hlj.com/product/bann01877

Too bad its just 1/144, hope they release a 1/100 soon.
Also I really wanna get my hands onto this one but looks like they are 1/144 too...
https://www.hlj.com/...t/KBYKP-416/Sci

kbykp-416_1_1454989471.jpg?v=1454989471

also the spin off Muv-Luv "Schwarzesmarken" is pretty awesome

Muv-Luv is back and this time we’re rolling the clock back to 1983. Set a mere 10 years after the arrival of the BETA, Schwarzesmarken gives us a glimpse of humanity’s early fight against the BETA, and it wastes no time in thrusting us directly to the front-lines. What we’re treated to is a dark and bloody intro highlighted by the arrival of the franchise’s infamous Laser-Class, and the quick demise of Inghild ends up one of many casualties in an episode filled with BETA corpses. Amid it all, the politics are in full play with the separation of Germany into the West and East, and it’s a great demonstration of how in the Muv-Luv universe, the BETA are far from the only threat.

Muv-Luv%20Alternative%20Schwarzesmarken%

Muv-Luv%20Alternative%20Schwarzesmarken%

YmSsY2C.png

#66 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

I honest to god dropped Muv-Luv after the first episode. I can not see how it is good at all. And "politics in full swing" in the description must mean "high school textbook political backdrop"  or what? 

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#67 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:42 AM

I honest to god dropped Muv-Luv after the first episode. I can not see how it is good at all. And "politics in full swing" in the description must mean "high school textbook political backdrop" or what?

Muv-Luv certainly got it flaws. Specially in explaining things. BUT its still kind of great as a filler for waiting for the new origins episode and other stuff. Also I JUST LOVE THE MECH DESIGN.
About the politics, well the world has never ended cold war, bla bla Stasi making trouble withing the GDR and stuff. Imprisoning people and killing people the usual stuff.

Schwarzesmarken IS alot better than Muv-Luv Alternative though because it focuses more on the battlefield which is REALLY awesome. Muv-Luv alternative is just well.. about test pilots testing the new TSF's and trying to enhance them. Still good but not as good as Schwarzesmarken. (The end of muv-luv alternative was pretty good though shit hit the fan quite fast.)

on a side note schwarzesmarken DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE IN GERMAN. If at all it should have been Schwarze Marken. But well you knopw those Japanese they kind of have to add a S to every German word to make it sound German.

alsoo about the TSF's (Tactical Surface Fighter) I just love how they are named after our real planes since in that universe they never really developed the fighter jets we have.

Spoiler

Gundam stuff only for mechamen
Spoiler

I got an idea.
We just have to enlarge this thing and slap a cockpit onto it and voila we have our mech.
Whos with me?

HORY SHIT
I did like the man in the high castle but this. THIS MAN LOOKS FREAKIN AWESOME.
http://io9.gizmodo.c...t-me-1761632257

Posted Image

The future
IS
NOW

Gundam Cosplay That's (Sorry) Out Of This World
Spoiler

Edited by DGaius, 28 March 2016 - 05:21 AM.

YmSsY2C.png

#68 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

Season 1 of Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans ended last night. Any one around who's seen it and is willing to discuss it? Would be a welcome change of pace from the bakelit semi-spam.

#69 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

bakelit semi-spam.

Just trying to add content since no one else does it  :(

• DGaius likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#70 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

Just trying to add content since no one else does it  :(

I know you mean well. But let's face it, a lot of content produced from the shows we love is quite an aquired taste (including the cosplay, fan-art, etc). Hence I stick to news and try to have discussions like the one with SFIR about Evangelion, or the one rant I did about G-Reco. Which I was hoping we could do with the content of IBO. Since you did follow it up to a certain point?

Spoiler

#71 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

Since you did follow it up to a certain point?

Well I rushed through every episode to the Gundam fights which were awesome but storiywise I lost interest after episode 5 or 6 no idea.

But well after that I found ouzt about MUV-LUV and well totally into it specially Schwarzesmarken. 

2XP9KCA.png

YmSsY2C.png

#72 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:11 AM

MUV-LUV

Command Post, this is Bravo Leader. No sign of bitters.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#73 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

what?

YmSsY2C.png

#74 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

Engrish. Am yuo into speaking?

Spoiler
Spoiler

#75 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

Engrish. Am yuo into speaking?

nein.

yu has to tell me what muv luv anime that is and and when its out and I WANT TO SEE IT.

YmSsY2C.png

#76 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

No clue what it's from. To be honest, most of what Muv-Luv I've been exposed to has just been through friends linking me things. I haven't actually gotten into it yet.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#77 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

No clue what it's from. To be honest, most of what Muv-Luv I've been exposed to has just been through friends linking me things. I haven't actually gotten into it yet.

I hate you. I demand the source now.

YmSsY2C.png

#78 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

http://steparu.com/n...n-beta-now-live

figureheads-obt.jpg

steparu-neoneuron-garage2.jpg

YmSsY2C.png

#79 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:09 AM

SO whats your your thought on Origin episode 3? 

I found it absolutly awesome like the first 2 episodes. Man I just wished they would make more.

YmSsY2C.png

#80 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:20 AM

SO whats your your thought on Origin episode 3? 

I found it absolutly awesome like the first 2 episodes. Man I just wished they would make more.

I liked it, but at this point it's getting a little stale. They did great work on the

Spoiler

And now that I am finally posting in this thread again, there's a lot of good mech action going on this season that I can comment on. Macross Delta is quite enjoyable. I even like some of the songs this time around and the Aerial Knights theme on the soundtrack is amazing (bagpipes in a mech show, instant winner). Kuromukuro is surprisingly good. I didn't expect much of it reading the synopsis, but it certainly won me over. And the best news thusfar, John Boyega saved Pacific Rim 2 from production hell. While there hasn't been any mention of Stacker Pentecost having a son (and it doesn't even sound like the character to have one, he had Mako Mori afterall) I am more than willing to just accept this fact if the movie get's made. Source: http://screenrant.co...-2-john-boyega/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users