• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#81 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:26 AM

I liked it, but at this point it's getting a little stale. They did great work on the
Spoiler

And now that I am finally posting in this thread again, there's a lot of good mech action going on this season that I can comment on. Macross Delta is quite enjoyable. I even like some of the songs this time around and the Aerial Knights theme on the soundtrack is amazing (bagpipes in a mech show, instant winner). Kuromukuro is surprisingly good. I didn't expect much of it reading the synopsis, but it certainly won me over. And the best news thusfar, John Boyega saved Pacific Rim 2 from production hell. While there hasn't been any mention of Stacker Pentecost having a son (and it doesn't even sound like the character to have one, he had Mako Mori afterall) I am more than willing to just accept this fact if the movie get's made. Source: http://screenrant.co...-2-john-boyega/

totally forgot about Macross Delta so are you saying it is indeed worth to watch?

Whats Kuromukuro.

Pacific Rim welp never cared about it I just want Evangelion 4.0 to finally come.

I need more Kuromukuro

watched 12 episodes or 13 no idea I forgot but dam I love the mixture of Samurai Combat with those mechs. The overall animations definitly look awesome specially in the fights.
on a positive side note this series kind of reminded me of Full metal panic alot which is a real nice thing.

now the spoilers
Spoiler

Anyhow now I just need to watch Macross Delta and I guess I should be up to date with all them new Mecha animes.

oh and also have you seen this? its not really mecha but. It has trains in it. Love almost everything about it and im soaking up every episode like a sponge.

Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress
g59RQxZ.png

Edited by DGaius, 29 June 2016 - 03:53 PM.
Merged Posts

YmSsY2C.png

#82 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

totally forgot about Macross Delta so are you saying it is indeed worth to watch?

Personally I find it worth a watch, but it seems the mech related communities are (as usual) devided by it. On one hand there's people saying this is as far as removed from SDF and Plus as it could be. Others say this is the result of the path Macross is on. I think I am more in the latter part of the continuum of arguments. Macross is one of those franchises that always reflects the age it was made in. The themes change, the type of protaganists change and heck even the antogonists usually get a decent background by Mecha standards. There's a lot of logical technological progress, a lot of refferences to Zero and Frontier and there's a few minor refferences to SDF and 7. Plus isn't really refferenced throughout, but in an interview somewhere Kawamori mentioned that Love live (his idol show) and Plus are two main elements (beside the tradition Macross trinity: love triangle, valkyries and popmusic).

Having said that, I LOVE the sv-262 Draken and the Aearial Knight soundtrack theme is F****** GOLD. The guy really needs an award for most original antagonist theme song. Can't believe I am detroning Sawano's Full Frontal track here.

So yes, I feel Macross Delta is actually a MUST watch if you've seen previous Macross. And if you haven't then shame on you. I would've expected you to have seen it :P

Whats Kuromukuro.

I need more Kuromukuro

watched 12 episodes or 13 no idea I forgot but dam I love the mixture of Samurai Combat with those mechs. The overall animations definitly look awesome specially in the fights.
on a positive side note this series kind of reminded me of Full metal panic alot which is a real nice thing.

now the spoilers

Spoiler

Seems like you answered your own question there. Regarding spoilers

Spoiler

oh and also have you seen this? its not really mecha but. It has trains in it. Love almost everything about it and im soaking up every episode like a sponge.

Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress

I have and I enjoyed it untill halfway. Way to little train action. The action we did get was great. But unfortunately (especially considering this is the same team that made Attack on Titan) the writers are way to caught up in using tropes. It started off with a very familiar setting and added something new in this era of edge and pessimism, a protaganist with hope. I loved the moment where Ikoma basically

Spoiler
Enter the badguy with the badguy voice actor and all goes to shit. One fucking trope after another. Schocking scenes just for schock value. The same character arc over and over. It's like they reset every character every episode.
Spoiler
I feel the creators of this show have learnt nothing in their prior work. The music is catchy as hell, as expected by Sawano. While you can hear he experimented with the sound he has, you can also clearly hear the executives and the creative team wanted "epic Sawano FUck yeahz". Which is a shame, the man has a lot more to offer. So the problem of this show seems that the director and writers had a golden opportunity to do something new within the shounen genre and ended up making a golden turd out of it. I am actually quite angry at the missed opportunity. I think it'll be the final episode which will be airing this week. It's just another generic: save the girl with super powers thingy... *sigh* Why couldn't they go for the Multitrack drifting meme, if they wanted to use tropes!? The art however is AMAZING. I wish there were more companies doing this type of character design.

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#83 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:49 AM

So yes, I feel Macross Delta is actually a MUST watch if you've seen previous Macross. And if you haven't then shame on you. I would've expected you to have seen it :P

Ok you got me there I have only watched Macross Frontier.

---- I watched Macross Delta. Meh not my thing. Its kinda to far over the top for me with the whole singing. In frontier it was pretty reasonable but here I dont know.

oh also Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon ever saw it? I saw trhe first few episodes Im confused as fuck but the Mechs are pretty cool.

screenshot_8_17170.jpg

https://vid.pr0gramm...6c4177c6111.mp4

been tracking this for ages.

http://www.moddb.com...e-limit-release

pretty sad that its just a machinima instead of a game

Edited by 大和改, 01 July 2016 - 12:35 AM.

YmSsY2C.png

#84 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:37 AM

Ok you got me there I have only watched Macross Frontier.

---- I watched Macross Delta. Meh not my thing. Its kinda to far over the top for me with the whole singing. In frontier it was pretty reasonable but here I dont know.

How about you stop watching Delta and return once you've seen SDF (Or the movie DYRL), Plus and then Zero. How you could get any enjoyment out of Macross without knowing it's history is beyond me.

Also everyone keeps saying that the singing etc. is over the top, but it was the same amount of crazy in frontier and deffinately the same amount of crazy in Zero/7 (though I haven't seen 7 yet, so this is hearsay). There is very little new being introduced. This time the stage just happens to be a battlefield from the start (rather than halfway into the show).

oh also Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon ever saw it? I saw trhe first few episodes Im confused as fuck but the Mechs are pretty cool.

screenshot_8_17170.jpg

https://vid.pr0gramm...6c4177c6111.mp4

I have not, but has popped up on my radar before.

Covenant at War Dev and Sins of the Prophets SFX Guy   ---  soundcloud.com/dgaius

#85 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:50 AM

Shameless Selfadvertising

Zeon Faction mod for Stellaris. (Feddies coming soon™)

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=717060367

• DGaius likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#86 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

YmSsY2C.png

#87 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

Holy shit why did I never had this game 

and this. Its kinda open world like what the fuck I want this as in todays graphics and yeah.

YmSsY2C.png

#88 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

I am confused why is this happening?

Why Muv-Luv Y U DO TIS? WHY YU NO MAKE PROPER MECH GAME? TELL ME?

What is this shit.

http://store.steampo...com/app/449830/

YmSsY2C.png

#89 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:00 AM

kk Gundam Build Fighter is actually cool. I was wrong the enitre time.

Hang me.

Specially the fact that these are GUNPLAS and not actual Gundams. 

YmSsY2C.png

#90 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:44 AM

You can skip Build Fighters Try though. It's not nearly as entertaining, with the exception of Tryon 3. Season one is probably the most interesting toy commercial I've ever seen.

#91 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:46 AM

You can skip Build Fighters Try though. It's not nearly as entertaining, with the exception of Tryon 3. Season one is probably the most interesting toy commercial I've ever seen.

where the hell were you check show off thread man!

YmSsY2C.png

#92 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

oh yessssssss.

Man please talk me out of buying these. 

http://hlj.com/product/KBYKP-263/Sci

http://hlj.com/product/KBYKP-375/Sci

also I need this in my life

http://hlj.com/product/BANN07589/Gun

YmSsY2C.png

#93 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

dat  Kuromukuro plottwist

YmSsY2C.png

#94 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:30 AM

dat  Kuromukuro plottwist

Is it really really a plottwist? I mean the plot is still moving in the same direction.

Spoiler
The same really goes for the latest Macross Delta episode.
Spoiler
It's kind of interesting that Kawamori is, within the universe, trying to give an explenation for the power of music. Since the combination of singing, sci fi warfare and love triangles is odd no matter how you look at it. Starting with Zero and Frontier, I think this is a decent direction to take. It's hard to surprise people these days and it all makes sense for long time followers.

Personally I don't think these are plottwist. Something I'd call a plottwist is

Spoiler
or a similar surprise appearance out of nowhere. I do however prefer very much what Kuromukuro and Macross Delta are doing. It may not give you the 'holy shit twiiiiist' experience, but it presents a coherent story. Not unlike Aldnoah Zero, Cross Ange, Valvrave or any of the other 'trying too hard to be different' Mech anime we've had recently. So thusfar all is good if you'd ask me.

Offtopic: nice sig and avatar. Not sure if you're deliberately trying to send a message here :P

#95 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

Offtopic: Not sure if you're deliberately trying to send a message here :P

Sieg Zeon!

Also to the plotwist

Spoiler

Edited by 碇 ゲンドウ, 09 August 2016 - 07:33 AM.

YmSsY2C.png

#96 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:53 AM

Also to the plotwist

Spoiler

I see.

Spoiler
That would be the real twist for me.

#97 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

I see.

Spoiler
That would be the real twist for me.

Spoiler

YmSsY2C.png

#98 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

So I watched Masou Gakuen HxH. Exo Suits and stuff, cool. That also considered a mech animu? 
Spoiler

YmSsY2C.png

#99 DGaius

DGaius

Mecha Man!!

• Mod Staff
  • 480 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:45 AM

So I watched Masou Gakuen HxH. Exo Suits and stuff, cool. That also considered a mech animu? 

Spoiler

As explained on the first page, this could qualify. There's certainly mech elements. But in my book this is basically eroge. Similarly Infinte stratos is a harem anime. There's too little quality and too little plot to discuss it decently anyways. 

Your thoughts on Ghost in the Shell? I have seen both the movies now and the stand alone complex alternative setting. Might start on Arise and/or the original manga. Thusfar a very enjoyable ride. 

#100 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

Your thoughts on Ghost in the Shell? I have seen both the movies now and the stand alone complex alternative setting. Might start on Arise and/or the original manga. Thusfar a very enjoyable ride. 

Don't you already know my thoughts on GITS? I love it more than Gundam. 

Specially the Major

Ghost_in_the_Shell_S.A.C._2nd_GIG_Motoko

on a side note what do you think about that dumb real action movie they are making for GITS?

I doubt its going to be good.

• DGaius likes this

YmSsY2C.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users