• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:50 PM

I am surprised there isn't a speculation/desires/fears thread for this yet. Considering this Forum is practically all Halo makes it the best one of the many forums I peruse to post this and get thoughtful opinions.

I am looking forward to it.

Things I'd like: more loose base building(not contained to a certain mega-structure), at least SOME space shenanigans, and more units, specifically this:

h4-mantis.jpg

Things I'm worried about: shoehorning in random Halo 5 nonsense to force feed it to us(YOU WILL LIKE IT AND APPRECIATE IT PEASANTS), though the Created could form a very interesting/fun forerunner based faction I think

What about you, SotP forumers?

#62 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:19 AM

I want it to run at more than 15 FPS. :v

To be honest, I don't think I've ever enjoyed Halo Wars as a part of the franchise. I don't have anything bad to say about it, but I never stopped and thought, "Wow, this is Halo!" Rather, I've always viewed it simply as a well-wrought console RTS. I'll probably pick up Halo Wars 2 at some point in the distant future, when I've begrudgingly purchased a next-gen console, but I can't say I have any meaningful thoughts or expectations.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#63 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

Isn't there a thread in the Lore subforum. You might need to dig a bit but I'm sure its there.

If you want to know, my highest hopes is for it to be from a first-person perspective. Staying on a flagship or in a command structure on a cliff overlooking the entire map would be the best experience, watching as enemy forces push on to your location. But of course what are the chances of THAT happening...

More reasonable hopes are a uniquely-balanced RTS with no day 1 updates and respectable fps. At the most in this case, a game which is easy to mod wouldn't hurt anyone :)

At the lowest, anything which isn't a buggy unplayable piece of shit would satisfy me.

#64 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

no day 1 updates

It'll be a cold day in Hell.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#65 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:36 AM

There is a thread with the same exact title as yours, created by myself the day HW2 got announced. Any mod, merge plox.

I really hope there will be some sort of Galactic Conquest like BFII's one, where you travel around the star system and decide where to battle. But very unlikely.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#66 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

There can only be ONE (topics merged).

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#67 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

Apologies for the double topic.

I really hope there will be some sort of Galactic Conquest like BFII's one, where you travel around the star system and decide where to battle. But very unlikely.

That would be incredible.

• SternuS likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users