• 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from my iPhone

iPhone

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#2 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

from my iPhone

iPhone

Sounds like we have an android peasant in our midst.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

Sounds like we have an android peasant in our midst.

E_TERM_DOES_NOT_APPLY

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  • MrChipps and 베이클라이트 like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#4 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:43 PM

Now now, guys. Both operating systems have their own merits. Android lets you do whatever you want whenever you want, provided you don't buy one of the shit phones made by shit manufacturers, and Apple is great for people who want to be told what to do and when to do it.

• Unikraken, sloosecannon, Commander Jbug and 4 others like this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#5 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:40 AM

Now now, guys. Both operating systems have their own merits. Android lets you do whatever you want whenever you want, provided you don't buy one of the shit phones made by shit manufacturers, and Apple is great for people who want to be told what to do and when to do it.

You sound like a goddamn communist. Get out of my country pinko. Free enterprise will always win the day. Apple is worth $700 billion more than you. They make quality products too, so they also have that going for them.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#6 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:01 AM

Apple UI feels very clunky, and everything we've gotten from it other than my mom's very old iPhone 3 lived a very short life and had to be replaced very quickly. Plus, a lot more games are on windows than apple.

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#7 Andy493

Andy493

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Steam:andy_493
  • LocationSewaren NJ

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

To end this dumb argument I have an iPhone 6 I can't change the small txt that says sent from my iPhone using tapatalk I do not now why is sends that and why am I being mad fun of these past 2 days what did I do wrong?

#8 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

Apple UI feels very clunky, and everything we've gotten from it other than my mom's very old iPhone 3 lived a very short life and had to be replaced very quickly. Plus, a lot more games are on windows than apple.

Pretty fluid to me I think. If your phone doesn't last longer than 3 or 4 years than you probably aren't taking very good care of it. I got an iPhone 4s when they first came out and it still works fine, with very heavy usage (teenager on social media- enough said). Albeit a bit slow due to it no longer being supported by the updated OS it is in great condition. That last comment has literally no backing or source to it. You seem to underestimate the amount of games on the app store. I stick with Windows for PC but when it comes to mobile I have to say Apple is a top runner. The only other mobile device I would possibly trade it out for is a Samsung.

To end this dumb argument I have an iPhone 6 I can't change the small txt that says sent from my iPhone using tapatalk I do not now why is sends that and why am I being mad fun of these past 2 days what did I do wrong?

It sends it to advertise the app. Whenever you post from the app it will post that along with it, probably can't change it. You didn't do anything wrong, people on this forum are just immature and cant comprehend someone having different preferences than you. Not much else you can expect from the internet I suppose. I personally post to the forum through safari so I don't have to deal with it.

Can somebody move this conversation to off topic? Name it "Mobile Devices" or something.

• Andy493 likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 Andy493

Andy493

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Steam:andy_493
  • LocationSewaren NJ

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:20 AM

I used to have a windows phone and it was decent though it was the low end model the speakers beat out every iphone at the time but the App Store was horrible all the apps were rip offs of other popular iOS apps and linking the phone to my Xbox and my windows laptop made sharing and working the three together was so easy only problem with windows phone is once you link it to an Xbox live account you cannot change it unless you reset the phone. To me windows phones are made for people who stick to windows and use it for simple Tasks and use it as a mini computer. I even used it once to write an essay in class and email it to my teacher before the period ended using word 2013. Android phones I can't say much about because I never owned one but my parents and brothers do and it sucks for them. Note they have a low memory/low model phone but the store isn't as big as Apple yes it is big but not as big and to me it doesn't feel like a phone. Again just my personal opinion. Apple I can't complain about I bough my iPhone 6 with 64gigs and a lifeproof case outright and though it took time to get was well worth it that case had some issues had it replaced and fixed the case myself but the phone does everything I need it to sadly there are a few apps they discontinued such as robocalypse which I happend to download the same day it got deleted off the App Store very fun mini rts game. Overall I prefer Apple over all 3 because of its simplicity and large selection of apps.

#10 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

I was talking about PC with the games, and I should have specified. I honestly don't use my Phone for games. I don't need a large selection of apps, either, as I have all the apps I need right now. My Android phone (a Google Nexus 5) works very well for me.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#11 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

I used to have a windows phone and it was decent though it was the low end model the speakers beat out every iphone at the time but the App Store was horrible all the apps were rip offs of other popular iOS apps and linking the phone to my Xbox and my windows laptop made sharing and working the three together was so easy only problem with windows phone is once you link it to an Xbox live account you cannot change it unless you reset the phone. To me windows phones are made for people who stick to windows and use it for simple Tasks and use it as a mini computer. I even used it once to write an essay in class and email it to my teacher before the period ended using word 2013. Android phones I can't say much about because I never owned one but my parents and brothers do and it sucks for them. Note they have a low memory/low model phone but the store isn't as big as Apple yes it is big but not as big and to me it doesn't feel like a phone. Again just my personal opinion. Apple I can't complain about I bough my iPhone 6 with 64gigs and a lifeproof case outright and though it took time to get was well worth it that case had some issues had it replaced and fixed the case myself but the phone does everything I need it to sadly there are a few apps they discontinued such as robocalypse which I happend to download the same day it got deleted off the App Store very fun mini rts game. Overall I prefer Apple over all 3 because of its simplicity and large selection of apps.

Do you stop to breathe when you talk in real life? Honest question.

I was talking about PC with the games, and I should have specified. I honestly don't use my Phone for games. I don't need a large selection of apps, either, as I have all the apps I need right now. My Android phone (a Google Nexus 5) works very well for me.

same. I play madden on my phone and thats about it. Not much else I like.

• Zero likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:01 AM

I have a GT-C3520.

It phones. I'm satisfied.

• Unikraken, MrChipps and Arcturus like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#13 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

Android all the way. If it's an iDevice I want no part in it. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, not interested. Since I'm a developer and computer geek, I need a device I can root and administer myself.

If you're going Android though, Nexus or Motorola is the way to go. Samsung can't make good software to save their life, so don't even think about that either. They're right below Apple on my "I hate you" list...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • 베이클라이트 likes this
#define true false

Spoiler

#14 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

You sound like a goddamn communist. Get out of my country pinko. Free enterprise will always win the day. Apple is worth $700 billion more than you. They make quality products too, so they also have that going for them.

Quality? Maybe. I guess. Lack of free enterprise? Definitely. Apple has a lovely "my way or the highway" approach to literally everything...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • MrChipps and 베이클라이트 like this
#define true false

Spoiler

#15 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

yes you sure can bb, go to like the the page with all your forums on tapatalk, click the settings in the top right corner, go to signature and either: change it (which I did do at one point but it isn't a signature as much as a sentence at the bottom of what you said which people made fun of me for) or you can just turn it off and can no longer be mocked

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#16 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

You didn't do anything wrong, people on this forum are just immature and cant comprehend someone having different preferences than you. Not much else you can expect from the internet I suppose.

It's a long-standing observation of mine that people that let the "Well, that's just your opinion, man!" bile slop from their mouths, don't actually have anything to say.

I have no doubt Apple makes quality; artsy folk tell me all the time how much better it is for them to have a Mac. But at the end of the day, the company that considers 16 gigabytes to be worth an extra hundred of my dollars is the company that isn't getting them. Overpriced, standardized, planned obsolescence bullshit.
  • sloosecannon likes this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#17 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

It's a long-standing observation of mine that people that let the "Well, that's just your opinion, man!" bile slop from their mouths, don't actually have anything to say.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

• Bornstellaris likes this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#18 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:30 PM

Some people use Iphones, some androids, and whatever other phones exist. Whoopity fucking doo.

No lifes and fanboys fight over stupid shit like this.

This also stretches to PC vs console and Xbox vs PS.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#19 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

Some people use Iphones, some androids, and whatever other phones exist. Whoopity fucking doo.

No lifes and fanboys fight over stupid shit like this.

This also stretches to PC vs console and Xbox vs PS.

Honestly, I've seen a honest exchange of points here, not a fight.

People can compare things, it's not forbidden, not here anyway.

• sloosecannon likes this

#20 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

If you're going to spout meaningless platitudes, you should change your avatar to The Doctor.
  • Zero likes this

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users