#41 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

I love Magic but I mainly play Commander by now.

I love my tri Green Blue White Angel themed deck with some nasty combos with Empyrial Archangel and Indestructibility slapped(with the help of some magic) on it!

Here it is:

http://tappedout.net...nchantment-edh/

And yes I have some very rare foil cards in it which makes it pretty expensive (I added foil cards and edition for most of them)

Commander is definitely my fav format, although I seldomly manage to play it these days. I have an Intet and a Glissa, the Traitor and I hope I'll be able to put up an Eldrazi some day in the future.

Wow, your deck surely looks sweet. I have a passion for Enchantments (needless to say Theros is one of my fav sets) and I love Bant generally, so that's a really nice looking deck imho.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#42 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

It's winning most of the time... especially with our house rules where some simply overpowered cards like Sol ring and Land destroyer decks

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#43 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

Ok so I get to my LGS (local game store, for those of you unaware) to have a fun evening of multy Commander. I went there with two of my friends who play Magic, so you might think that we have allied during that Commander game (I swear we didn't.................)

So we mysteriously finish 1st, 2nd(me) and 3rd. We are quite happy, and we decide with the few bucks we've won to get a pack of EMA each.

EMA stands for Eternal Masters, and is the most recent set of reprints from the past.

What's so good about this set is that you can find cards for the value of hundreds of dollars, and in each booster pack there is a random foil.

Now, this was my first EMA pack, my first ever Masters pack (Modern Masters, Modern Masters 2015 and Eternal Masters), and the most expensive card I have cracked open in a set is Sorin, that at the stime stood at about 25-30$.

So I get to open the pack. As a rare, i find Ichorid. I didn't know what that was, so I stopped to read the card. The rest of the people in the shop were shouting to see the foil. I was already fine I had found a couple good uncommons.

What I found...well, you'll see my dorky face. It was 00:30 a.m., after an already heart-punding day for many reasons. And I shouted a lot. So that's why I look a little bit......off.

Spoiler

FOIL.

MANA.

CRYPT.

http://shop.tcgplaye...ters/mana-crypt

118418_200w.jpg

What's so cool about this card, except for the 200$ price tag?

It's never been printed in any other official set before. Only as a Judge promo and as an ancient, very rare promo.

• cagywhiterino and Alux like this

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#44 insaene

insaene

Master of the Insane(You! Yeah YOU!!)

• Contributor
  • 645 posts
  • LocationIn your mind, eating your sanity

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Instant 2 mana?  In tournament decks it's all about speed and that card gives it to you. That's why the black lotus is overprized too and banned from most official tournaments.

• SternuS likes this

Dwarf.png

It takes a dwarf to use magma for snow shoveling

Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones

#45 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:34 AM

Instant 2 mana?  In tournament decks it's all about speed and that card gives it to you. That's why the black lotus is overprized too and banned from most official tournaments.

Yep, this is banned from most formats (it would be anyway since it wasn't printed in an official expansion) and legal in Vitnage and Legacy, but since we're talking formats were black lotus is legal (although restricted to 1 copy per deck), it hasn't made that much of a hit.

Sure it's still brokenly poweful, hence the € 100+ pricetag.

#46 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:29 PM

Just played a magic game with dad.

He brought me down to two health in the first five turns. I brought out my Nightmare (Health and Power equal to number of swamps I control, plus it's Flying) and we were at an impasse for a long time (about an hour). I got up to three, he pushed me down to 1, while also getting up to thirty. In the end, my Nightmare was a 13/11 thanks to having 10 swamps, an artifact, and an enchantment. I attacked him with it three times after he'd lost all his flying guys, and I won.
  • SternuS likes this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#47 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

I won.

Pic's or didn't happen.

YmSsY2C.png