#1 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:41 PM

Hello

First off thats my first post so...dont judge to hard :P

Latly i read some dev post and how the want to implement high charity(as the coverant homeworld)which is total valid and reasonable, but latly i had that idea lurking around in my mind what if high charity would behave like a moon in sins off the fallen(space station)with uniqe abilitys and upgrades uniqe only to the high charity,maybe even some late game researches(high charity moving to ohter planets etc.)I just trought it would be neat to have a uniqe high charity you could upgrade and improve and even have some uniqe researches for it.Iam aware that the UNSC would need a counter maybe the earth moon? anyway i would love to hear why or why not it would be a good/bad idea.

Sincerely​ Mojo

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hello

Hi! Welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your time here!

First off thats my first post so...dont judge to hard :P

Too late. I hate you.

Latly i read some dev post and how the want to implement high charity(as the coverant homeworld)which is total valid and reasonable, but latly i had that idea lurking around in my mind what if high charity would behave like a moon in sins off the fallen(space station)with uniqe abilitys and upgrades uniqe only to the high charity,maybe even some late game researches(high charity moving to ohter planets etc.)I just trought it would be neat to have a uniqe high charity you could upgrade and improve and even have some uniqe researches for it.Iam aware that the UNSC would need a counter maybe the earth moon? anyway i would love to hear why or why not it would be a good/bad idea.

The mod is currently undergoing some pretty severe balance changes, and just about everything is being tweaked in some way or another. As it stands, there are some pretty large hurdles that the devs are still in the process of making, and in some cases, altering or adding just a few abilities of ships that have clearly defined canonical roles or were already in the public release, has taken some hefty discussion. Throwing in a whole new entity with brand new abilities is probably beyond the scope of the foreseeable future. I can't say I have any strong feelings about the idea, but even optimistically, I wouldn't expect it to happen or even be considered any time soon.

Also I'm pretty sure space stations can't jump to other planets. That's probably hard-coded in. I'll wait for a dev to tell me I'm wrong, though. ._.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:20 PM

We are currently exploring the possibility of High Charity being a one off starbase.

• Riftis and Mojo like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#4 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

Ahh alrighty thanks for the Reply guys!

#5 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

We are currently exploring the possibility of High Charity being a one off starbase.

Shows what I know. >_>

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#6 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

What about a one off starbase that can move and jump? If I remember they could relocate high charity whenever they wanted.

• Riftis likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#7 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

What about a one off starbase that can move and jump? If I remember they could relocate high charity whenever they wanted.

IIRC the Vasari Rebel starbase can perform phase jumps if there is a phase stabilizer at both ends of the jump.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:15 AM

If one starbase for a faction can jump they can all jump. Also this really fucks with balance when you can have a starbase follow your fleet. We sacrifice canon for gameplay.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#9 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

If one starbase for a faction can jump they can all jump. Also this really fucks with balance when you can have a starbase follow your fleet. We sacrifice canon for gameplay.

too bad. Guarding a halo ring with high charity would have been awesome. 

YmSsY2C.png

#10 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 14 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

too bad. Guarding a halo ring with high charity would have been awesome.

And horribly unbalanced, a moonsized starbase powered by a forerunner keyship could probably solo a fleet of infinities
Sweden can into gender!

#11 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

And horribly unbalanced, a moonsized starbase powered by a forerunner keyship could probably solo a fleet of infinities

I like stuff that is OP. I also like the CS O.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#12 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

CA S

Did you meant the ERROR ∞ SHIP NAME NOT FOUND?
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#13 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

Did you meant the ERROR ∞ SHIP NAME NOT FOUND?

Super Carrier. From Halo Reach yea.

Reach_-_Supercarrier.pngReach_-_Supercarrier_02.png

YmSsY2C.png

#14 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

I wonder if you can still download the april fools joke that introduced this monstrosity into the game

Planks3.png

#15 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

No, the mod team was true to their word. Its gone, unless your dedicated enough to create another.

#16 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Wait...is High Charity going to have the batteries mentioned in the novels?  "Its single large dome topped a massive chunk of rock honeycombed with hangar bays

and carefully shielded weapons platforms".  Or are you guys more leaning for it to be unarmed?

#17 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:44 AM

The Vasari Titan has a special ability called micro jump,could´nt that be modified to allow the starbase to jump to ohter systems?It would probably mess up balance since you would basacly get a Second titan,maybe add a second star base slot for the UNSC to counter that,not to mention that it would be the last Research for the Coveant in the defenciv tree.Anyway i cant wait for the new Release and the new Balance iam sure you guys will do a great Job!

#18 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

The mod is asymmetrical. HC will still use space station mechanics and need upgraded manually, so it will be very expensive. 

Wait...is High Charity going to have the batteries mentioned in the novels?  "Its single large dome topped a massive chunk of rock honeycombed with hangar bays
and carefully shielded weapons platforms".  Or are you guys more leaning for it to be unarmed?

It will be an armed defense station for the Covenant capital AFAIK.  

The Vasari Titan has a special ability called micro jump,could´nt that be modified to allow the starbase to jump to ohter systems?It would probably mess up balance since you would basacly get a Second titan,maybe add a second star base slot for the UNSC to counter that,not to mention that it would be the last Research for the Coveant in the defenciv tree.Anyway i cant wait for the new Release and the new Balance iam sure you guys will do a great Job!

No. Not possible. I would like it to be mobile myself but since that makes the Haven mobile it cannot be done. I would support locking out the Haven for mobility, though. HC was never meant to be an offensive weapons platform so I can see why it will stay defensive.
  • Lord Stark likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#19 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hmm alright,well it would be fun to use it as capital(ship) in the capital victory mod doe with a simular upgrade system like the strike crusier in the star wars intergignum mod.Since not many ppl use there Flagship offensiv specaly in a fast phased mod.It would fit the Canon aswell,just a opinion trought.

#20 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

Hmm alright,well it would be fun to use it as capital(ship) in the capital victory mod doe with a simular upgrade system like the strike crusier in the star wars intergignum mod.Since not many ppl use there Flagship offensiv specaly in a fast phased mod.It would fit the Canon aswell,just a opinion trought.

Alright... anywho, pretty much every flagship game I've been in the cap is almost always used to expand. That's offensive. Using your capital offensively after the lines are drawn would be stupid and I hope I can take advantage of your stupidity and kill it if I ever play you.

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users