48 replies to this topic

#21 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

Alright... anywho, pretty much every flagship game I've been in the cap is almost always used to expand. That's offensive. Using your capital offensively after the lines are drawn would be stupid and I hope I can take advantage of your stupidity and kill it if I ever play you.

Played a game with a friend of mine, and he was playing UNSC. It was a cap game, and he had one fleet that he used for EVERYTHING. His Cap ship was always with it. Didn't understand why I kept yelling at him about it.

Mspaint artistry 

#22 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

Yea my mistake,using it to expan at the start is a offensiv use,but what i mean is most ppl wont use it in there fleets unless its absolutly needed so you would try to actualy protect it.It was just a trought, i mean having a starbase at your homeworld is nice it sure gives you eco bonuses but you propbably never upgrade its offensiv Slots since well its at your homeworld, so i trought having atleast 1 game mod where you can use it offensivly would be fun.

#23 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

Okey dokey, Sorry

#24 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:24 PM

Please, use good spelling. If English isn't your first language, use Google translate. It'll make some grammatical errors, but nothing like this, Mojo.

lev tis guy al0ne men. Googel transate is eve mre wores

Okey dokey, Sorry

izts oki men yu good.
  • MrChipps, Crisiss and cagywhiterino like this

YmSsY2C.png

#25 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

@Mojo

Welcome to the forums Mojo! Please enjoy your stay here.

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#26 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:59 AM

You should mock him in placeholder strings for his indecency.
  • MasterBuilderFaber likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#27 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:04 AM

@S F I R

"Were it so easy"

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#28 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:43 AM

@S F I R

"Were it so easy"

5ed39ce8176639617169e2a7e8d5be45.jpg
  • MasterBuilderFaber likes this

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#29 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

We are currently exploring the possibility of High Charity being a one off starbase.

I actually like the idea of High Charity being a Covenant home planet. Maybe you could make the Unyielding Hierophant the one off starbase instead?

• 베이클라이트 likes this

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#30 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:46 PM

I actually like the idea of High Charity being a Covenant home planet. Maybe you could make the Unyielding Hierophant the one off starbase instead?

yes 2 squids kissing.

• cagywhiterino likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#31 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

So, would you place High Charity and it kind of be like the Vasari titan where it will still function as a Capital?

#32 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

It doesn't work out well. Too buggy. Sins wasn't made to deal with such high poly models in particle effects/planets.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#33 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

It doesn't work out well. Too buggy. Sins wasn't made to deal with such high poly models in particle effects/planets.

Oh, well I still don't think High Charity should be starbase. I would think it wouldn't be possible to have a planet sized starbase in Sins, so I'd assume it would have to be downsized? I'd rather have no High Charity, then Small Charity. Couldn't the High Charity model be simplified or some particle effects be removed in the future?

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#34 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:31 PM

Oh, well I still don't think High Charity should be starbase. I would think it wouldn't be possible to have a planet sized starbase in Sins, so I'd assume it would have to be downsized? I'd rather have no High Charity, then Small Charity. Couldn't the High Charity model be simplified or some particle effects be removed in the future?

HC has been rescaled. It is still pretty massive but the rescaling was necessary for it to fit into the mod, not to mention the size of the planet it is attached too was never explicitly stated... It will work.

So, would you place High Charity and it kind of be like the Vasari titan where it will still function as a Capital?

I would like that a lot but devs seem to hate that idea. I've brought it up numerous times in multiple scenarios and it's always been shot down.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#35 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

High Charity will very likely be a starbase you start the game with, not the starbase you build. Once you lose it it's gone. It doesn't make any sense for it to be a ship, especially given ship mechanics and starbase mechanics in SoaSE.

• 베이클라이트, Fleet Admiral agigabyte and SternuS like this

#36 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:56 AM

High Charity will very likely be a starbase you start the game with, not the starbase you build. Once you lose it it's gone. It doesn't make any sense for it to be a ship, especially given ship mechanics and starbase mechanics in SoaSE.

How well can HC stand up to a late game UNSC fleet, will it be able to compensate for the covenants lack of defenses around the capital?
Sweden can into gender!

#37 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:42 AM

How well can HC stand up to a late game UNSC fleet, will it be able to compensate for the covenants lack of defenses around the capital?

I don't think HC needs to be a last-stand defense kind of thing. Also, in the lore it was constantly guarded by the biggest fleet the Covenant could field, so it would make sense that here you have to defend it too. Besides, Covenant's best defense are their fleets. They're incredibly fast compared to UNSC's ships.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#38 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

While the lore clearly states HC is heavily armed, and you will be able to upgrade the armament very well on the station like any starbase, because of the balance of the mod I see the station as primarily an economic/government structure. It will not be a fleet killer, but I can see it tanking quite a bit given its size.

• Lord Stark and Riftis like this

#39 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

While the lore clearly states HC is heavily armed, and you will be able to upgrade the armament very well on the station like any starbase, because of the balance of the mod I see the station as primarily an economic/government structure. It will not be a fleet killer, but I can see it tanking quite a bit given its size.

Oki, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Sweden can into gender!

#40 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

Oki, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I mean, honestly, I'm not 100% okay with this option, but with how limited sins is, and how delicate the balance is with a mod that has such hard hitting ships, this is probably the best option. A buggy glitchy planet effect does not do it justice.

• MrChipps likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users