SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

11902432_1121666181195226_11416063993477

The reason why I finished Skyrim for the first time a couple months ago.

General Topic about The Elder Scrolls saga.

Is anyone playing Online? How is it?

• Centurian128 likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

Morrowind master race.
  • Mrripley9 likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

Morrowind master race.

Indeed. I was a bit too young to play it when it came out, but I remember watching my brothers playing it...let's just say, it was a different time for the gaming industry.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:32 AM

I was a bit too young to play it when it came out, but I remember watching my brothers playing it...

Same, to be honest. I watched my older brother play it all the time when I was young. I barely understood what I was seeing most of the time, but it didn't stop me from trying to play it. I recently got back into it with a graphics mod installed, though my current playthrough has been put on hold for a variety of reasons.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:30 AM

Same, to be honest. I watched my older brother play it all the time when I was young. I barely understood what I was seeing most of the time, but it didn't stop me from trying to play it. I recently got back into it with a graphics mod installed, though my current playthrough has been put on hold for a variety of reasons.

Ah yes, the various mods to enhance the graphics...shame my PC can't handle most of them.

There's one thing in Morrowind that I don't know why it hasn't been transported to the next installments: candles in the houses. I mean, how cool was to pick up a candle from somewhere and put it where you like it in your house?

#6 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:34 AM

Ah yes, the various mods to enhance the graphics...shame my PC can't handle most of them.

My PC hasn't been even remotely impressive since 2010. I'm just running one that looks reasonably good, even on the lowest setting. Truth be told, I don't particularly care about graphics in most games. I'm only running it because a friend wanted to know how good it is.

There's one thing in Morrowind that I don't know why it hasn't been transported to the next installments: candles in the houses. I mean, how cool was to pick up a candle from somewhere and put it where you like it in your house?

Yes! Not only that, just decorating in general. The wonky-ass physics in the last two games make it nigh impossible to deck out your house with all your fancy treasures and lighting fixtures, and storage containers with infinite space outright destroy my desire to even try. Weapon racks and a couple mannequins just don't cut it.

• SternuS likes this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#7 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:39 AM

My PC hasn't been even remotely impressive since 2010. I'm just running one that looks reasonably good, even on the lowest setting. Truth be told, I don't particularly care about graphics in most games. I'm only running it because a friend wanted to know how good it is.

Yes! Not only that, just decorating in general. The wonky-ass physics in the last two games make it nigh impossible to deck out your house with all your fancy treasures and lighting fixtures, and storage containers with infinite space outright destroy my desire to even try. Weapon racks and a couple mannequins just don't cut it.

Same about the graphics. Ah, the kids these days! Amirite?

I'm still trying to put all my books on shelves in Skyrim, but apparently there aren't enough of them to contain them all. Also, armor stands: two of them in Solitude? Really? Just that?

• SiRD31M0S likes this

#8 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

books

BRB, killing myself. I hate Skyrim's bookshelves. I put my books there because I want it to look fancy, but then the physics of the game say "NO, you CANNOT put them close together so they stand up properly! I will be very cross with you if you do!" and everything just looks derpy as shit. I started throwing all my books into a corner next to a small table because that legitimately looks better.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#9 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

Just build your own house and customise it how you want...

I'm not talking about real life here...

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#10 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:44 AM

Just build your own house and customise it how you want...

I'm not talking about real life here...

Hearthfire is bad and you should feel bad.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#11 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

I'm just saying, you want a specific house, you build a specific house...

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:51 AM

Never bought Heartfire. I still have to finish both the expansions (ah, expansion! Feels good to say rather than DLC) now that you make me think at it.

#13 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

(ah, expansion! Feels good to say rather than DLC)

Bloodmoon. Now THERE'S an expansion!

• Mrripley9 likes this

Spoiler
Spoiler

#14 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Bloodmoon. Now THERE'S an expansion!

mmmmmmmmmm

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#15 Mrripley9

Mrripley9

Chief Petty Officer

• Authorized Playtester
  • 569 posts
  • Steam:The Rip-meister
  • LocationReach :P

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Daggerfall, anyone? I played it about a year ago. Took me 3 hours to get out of the starting dungeon. THREE HOURS. I even had to look up HOW to. 

Spoiler

“Usually, the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is 66 tons of straight-up, H.E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me 'Cupid'!”

76561198099678337.png

#16 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

I like Modded Skylim rooks learry good specially at night. 

Also lunning alound in a Samulai Almol with dual Katanas is quite coor since I pletend to be flom some easteln countly.

YmSsY2C.png

#17 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Recently I started a character in Oblivion.

He was named "Ooga Booga Man", he has a bounty of 57000 gold because he killed 1/3 of the civilians in Imperial City.

Mspaint artistry 

#18 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:09 AM

Only 1/3? I camped the area around White-Gold tower for an hour and a half and killed every single person. Lined them all up with their heads resting on the curb.

Daggerfall, anyone?

Never played anything before Morrowind, actually. I should try 'em out someday.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#19 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:30 PM

oh yeh. Maybe they are done when the next elder scrolls is out.

YmSsY2C.png

#20 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:58 PM

Rediscovered this and got sad how quickly it died. Let's try to pump some life back into it by talking about some bat-shit insanity from the lore.

The Wheel and The Tower

The Wheel is the structure of the Aurbis--the universe, encompassing the Void and all other planes of existence including Oblivion, the realms of the Daedra Lords; Aetherius, the realms of spirits and the afterlife; and Mundus, the realm of existence encompassing Nirn and attendant Aedric planets (the 8 Divines). Of the wheel, Mundus is the hub. Its eight spokes are the "eight components of chaos," referring to the Divines and the Earth Bones, Aedra who gave themselves to the creation and maintenance of Mundus. The space between the spokes is Oblivion, and the rim is Aetherius. Beyond lies the Void and other, less substantive realms.

The Tower, not to be confused with the constellation the Tower (although the latter is a representation of the former) is a metaphysical conceptualization of the universe. To properly understand it is to know CHIM, an ancient and secret sigil connoting "royalty," "starlight" and "high splendor" through which one can escape all known limitations and laws, effectively achieving divinity.

The Tower touches all the mantles of Heaven [...] and by its apex one can be as he will. More: be as he was and yet changed for all else on that path for those that walk after. This is [...] the secret of how mortals become makers, and makers back to mortals.

To know the Tower is to follow in the footsteps of Lorkhan, the mastermind behind the creation of Mundus whose corpse is believed to comprise Nirn's moons Masser and Secunda. Traveling beyond the Wheel, one may look back upon the Aurbis sideways to find the Tower (as a wheel viewed from the side is an "I" shape). In essence, this means that the Tower itself is all of creation, and to know it is to understand perfectly the nature of the universe.

3871238-5487733178-tumbl.png
Not my favorite representation of the Wheel, as it has rather subdued spokes, but it's the most well presented one Google could find me.

Mundus, however, is the hub of the wheel, the heart of all creation. Its secret is that this hub is a "reflection of its creators," the Wheel within the Wheel, a microcosm allowing one to find the Tower without leaving the Aurbis. Those who may stand within this flux of reality with their individuality intact are said to find the secret Tower within the Tower, the shape of the only name of god: I. This is what it is to know CHIM, and such individuals are said to dance atop (or reside within) the Tower (here referring to Mundus). However, all who dance atop the Tower change forever the path for those who come after.

Of note in all this are myriad structures and constructs spread across Tamriel known as the Towers, the White Gold Tower in Cyrodiil and the massive volcano Red Mountain in Morrowind being notable examples. They are physical and magical echoes of Ada-Mantia, the first known structure in Tamriel. Each dominates the region they inhabit, and all serve to strengthen and fortify the structure of Mundus, each with a "Stone" to manipulate its power to mold creation. How these relate to the metaphysical Tower is unclear, but it is assumed that one must understand both to understand either.

Mention of the White Gold Tower brings us to another matter: the reflection of the Aurbis showcased by Mundus doesn't stop there. Mundus is hub surrounded by eight spokes, a Wheel within a Wheel. Within Mundus, Nirn is accompanied by eight Aedric planets representing the Divines, another Wheel. Upon Nirn, Cyrodiil is a region surrounded eight others, another Wheel. Within Cyrodiil, the Imperial City lies at the center of the region which eight other cities occupy, another Wheel. Eight gems are set in the Amulet of Kings (the tower's own Stone), worn by the emperor residing in the White Gold Tower, another Wheel. This recursive structure of Wheels gives the tower a power to mold creation like none other, such that its influence spreads to the entirety of Tamriel, if not the entirety of Nirn.
  • SternuS and Whitehalomango like this

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users