• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 aaron

aaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

Can i be a play tester with a pirated copy of  sins of a solar empire rebellion  to test the mod with the single players because that's all i ever do anyway  is play offline single player 

#2 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:17 AM

nope.

beeing a playtester requires to play ONLINE with other playtesters because playtester play together and play test together ONLINE.

also rebellion is so often on sale ....... so yeah.

YmSsY2C.png

#3 aaron

aaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

nope.

beeing a playtester requires to play ONLINE with other playtesters because playtester play together and play test together ONLINE.

also rebellion is so often on sale ....... so yeah.

thanks i will try to grab it the next time it's on sale but steam does this annoying thing where they put games for sale When i have no money. and the sales last right up  to aday before my pay check comes in

#4 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:25 AM

thanks i will try to grab it the next time it's on sale but steam does this annoying thing where they put games for sale When i have no money

Google search cheap keys for sins. 

just found a couple of keys for 6 bucks.

YmSsY2C.png

#5 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

You should never pirate a game, period.
  • MrChipps, Lord Stark and SiRD31M0S like this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#6 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:50 AM

Can i be a play tester with a pirated copy of  sins of a solar empire rebellion  to test the mod with the single players because that's all i ever do anyway  is play offline single player 

Uhm have you read the Playtester requirements? You're basically saying the whole opposite.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#7 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

Sins of the Prophets does not condone piracy of SoaSE:R in any way shape or form, and it never will. Ironclad/Stardock made a good game and deserve their money at whatever price they call for. 

• Unikraken, MrChipps, Lavo and 3 others like this

#8 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:32 AM

Ya ever gone to attack the pirates in the base game? I still have nightmares about the minefields. Those guys are assholes. Nuf said.
  • Unikraken likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#9 Emperorfluffball

Emperorfluffball

Crewman

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Eridani

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

can't you play on ironclad online with the mod? or do Playtester's exclusively use Steam?
just wondering...

“Listen to me, Covenant. I am Vice Admiral  Preston J. Cole commanding the human flagship, Everest You claim to be the holy and glorious inheritors of the universe? I spit on your so-called holiness. You dare judge us unfit? After I have personally sent more than three hundred of your vainglorious ships to hell? After kicking your collective butts off Harvest - not once - but twice? From where I sit, we are the worthy inheritors. You think otherwise, you can come and try to prove me wrong. Is that the best you can do? Watch what one unworthy human can do!”

"How do we go?" "WE GO FEET FIRST!"

#10 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

We use Evolve.

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#11 Metanator

Metanator

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:52 PM

I mean... Theoretically you could.

Having said that, you could also theoretically go on a killing spree in a shopping mall and not go to jail.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

#12 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:06 PM

We are only accepting playtesters who can play online and use a legal copy of the game. Could always come back to bite us if we did otherwise. Official position of SotP is to buy the game if you enjoy it enough to keep playing it. Mow lawns, rake yards, hook, w/e, but legally buying good games is the only way to ensure good games continue to be funded and made.

• MrChipps, Lord Stark, Idio and 1 other like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#13 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:21 AM

We are only accepting playtesters who can play online and use a legal copy of the game. Could always come back to bite us if we did otherwise. Official position of SotP is to buy the game if you enjoy it enough to keep playing it. Mow lawns, rake yards, hook, w/e, but legally buying good games is the only way to ensure good games continue to be funded and made.

Hear hear!
Sweden can into gender!

#14 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Idio
  • Location<ONI.SEC3> //96th FRC// [LOCALE: REDACTED]

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:41 AM

As Lead Playtester, I'll say it right now: I will never accept someone with an illegal copy of SoaSE:R, while I know it. If I accidently do, I would immediatly suspend them until they buy a legitimate copy of the game.

There is absolutely no reason to not support Stardock, and Ironclad, and pirating games in general is stealing; there's no other way to look at it. Just as Uni said, if we were to hire someone to test the mod, while knowing they have a pirated copy of the game, it could cause a number of issues that we wouldn't want to deal with, let alone the fact that we would be supporting pirating. That's not good for the image of the mod.

"Oh, but I'm just testing out the game--" No, you stole it, so please go get some money, and buy the game, supporting the people who took their time to make it. If money is short, then work until you have enough. That's called capitalism.

• Unikraken, Lord Stark, Whitehalomango and 1 other like this
I'm Idio, not idiot!

#15 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

Lead Playtester

Gonna be honest, I still have no idea what you do.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#16 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:26 AM

Gonna be honest, I still have no idea what you do.

leading the playtesting.

YmSsY2C.png

#17 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Idio
  • Location<ONI.SEC3> //96th FRC// [LOCALE: REDACTED]

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:35 AM

I organize the testers, as well as assist with keeping a dialog open between the devs/testers, which is something that was an issue prior to my arrival. I also recruit new testers, fire inactive/poor testers, and will conduct any future recruitment drives for testers. It's fairly simple, and straight forward work.

• Unikraken likes this
I'm Idio, not idiot!

#18 aaron

aaron

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:04 PM

For the record i only pirate the game tell i can afford to pay for it and to try it to see if i  like it no point spending 60 bucks if i don't like the game only to not be able to return it 

#19 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:05 PM

For the record i only pirate the game tell i can afford to pay for it and to try it to see if i like it no point spending 60 bucks if i don't like the game only to not be able to return it

Still pirating.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#20 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

For the record i only pirate the game tell i can afford to pay for it and to try it to see if i  like it no point spending 60 bucks if i don't like the game only to not be able to return it 

Sins is routinely $10 on Steam. It's part of basically every Steam sale. Even at it's most expensive it's $40. One could mow 4 lawns and buy Sins.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users