#1 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:19 AM

I'm going to assume most people on the forum are fans of the series, and so I have created this thread to host discussion of episodes and what not. I'm a huge fan of the series, and I'm loving the direction they're taking this season! The latest episode of season 13, 'Great Destroyers', is an possibly one of the best episodes they have produced so far! The fight scene was choreographed incredibly well, maybe not as good as some of the fights from season 10 (C.T fight) but certainly much better than anything we've seen for quite some time. All in all, I can't wait to see how they round off this season and the direction they take future seasons!

Wash%20and%20Carolina_zpsehtn1rh6.jpg

• SternuS likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:28 AM

This is the worst thread ever. Of all time.

Haven't watched anything from S13 yet. Haven't been able to motivate myself.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:27 AM

I think they nailed it with Season 10, and that's probably why I'm not a huge fan of 11-12, but 13 is finally getting some good stuff. Also, I literally had to rewatch the whole saga from scratch to understand what happened to Doc. His reintroduction was simply fantastic, because I totally, and I mean totally, forgot about him.

But rewatching the old episodes...I don't know, it gives me the feeling that the serie lost its trademark-ish sense of humour. I mean, the episodes are still fun, but it's just a bit too serious right now. I preferred the "absurd" side of RvB, where imporbable and funny things happened.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

I personally love all of the new seasons, too. 3 is still the best though.
  • Zero likes this
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#5 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Bucky! What have you done? Our mindshields can't repel nerd-humour of this magnitude!

I'm getting Steve.
  • Bornstellaris likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#6 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

what is red vs blue also why is this pinned. Germoneyball deserves to be pinned.

its like hey lets pin useless boring threads like in the old off topic and clutter with it.

only Thread that currently deserves to be pinned is that Unis life thread and the offtopic rules.

#Stop the pinning of threads only because you are mod 2015

#Start pinning threads that are ACTUAL usefull like slooeses Forum bug thread back then 2015

• Zero, MasterBuilderFaber and Insert IGN like this

YmSsY2C.png

#7 Insert IGN

Insert IGN

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Steam:<Insert IGN Here>
  • LocationHarvard & Trustee

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

what is red vs blue also why is this pinned. Germoneyball deserves to be pinned.

its like hey lets pin useless boring threads like in the old off topic and clutter with it.

only Thread that currently deserves to be pinned is that Unis life thread and the offtopic rules.

#Stop the pinning of threads only because you are mod 2015

#Start pinning threads that are ACTUAL usefull like slooeses Forum bug thread back then 2015

I guess he has a point.

"Economy, Unemployment, Education. These are all words."
Spoiler

#8 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

I guess he has a point.

he's just salty polandball isn't pinned (nothing else matters to him)

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#9 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

he's just salty polandball isn't pinned (nothing else matters to him)

If you read my post again then you see that I actually only say that the off topic rules and unis live is worthy of beeing pinned.

Germoneyball dosent need to be pinned since its always beeing posted in.

Could care less if germonball is pinned or not.

YmSsY2C.png

#10 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

Germoneyball deserves to be pinned.

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#11 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

also threads  that should be pinned should show a certain interest or be important or active... I hate to say it but SternuS little riddle thread counts as that. And not this random Red vs Blue thread that a mod just posted and thinks oh hey I have mod power I pin it because I can. 

^that post above im not meaning it. Read the post above you again.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#12 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

merge or delete post please.

didn't want to post this and that.

net beeing stupid.

YmSsY2C.png

#13 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

I think they nailed it with Season 10, and that's probably why I'm not a huge fan of 11-12, but 13 is finally getting some good stuff. Also, I literally had to rewatch the whole saga from scratch to understand what happened to Doc. His reintroduction was simply fantastic, because I totally, and I mean totally, forgot about him.

But rewatching the old episodes...I don't know, it gives me the feeling that the serie lost its trademark-ish sense of humour. I mean, the episodes are still fun, but it's just a bit too serious right now. I preferred the "absurd" side of RvB, where imporbable and funny things happened.

Season 10 is definitely their best, perfect balance of action and humour. I always wondered when Doc would come back after dissapearing for so long, I hope he plays a bigger role in the episodes to come though because he hasn't really done a whole lot since being found again.
  • SternuS likes this

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#14 Zero

Zero

HHF Lead Dev

• Contributor
  • 1,808 posts
  • LocationKent, Washington, USA

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:36 PM

happy Bakelit? I also unpinned the other useless topics.

In regards to best season, I agree that S3 is the best. I recently discovered that RvB is on Netflix, so I've been binge watching.

• 베이클라이트 likes this

qqpudUa.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

I maintain that RvB outclasses most modern TV shows in many respects. Season 10 was fantastic and is probably the pinnacle. Blood gulch chronicles are classic and are funny, sure, but they really are bland at times. I'm not saying a show can't be good without explosions and shit but there's actually not much going on for the most part. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy them but I just have enjoyed it far more since the move to Halo 3 for reconstruction, which is also one of my absolute favourites. Church's revelation courtesy of Washington (you know the one) is up there with 'I am your father' for all time HOLY SHIT moments, and it's only made better when you realise they have been planning this shit for, what, more than 10 years? I'm sure some of it is retro-fitted but there are hints throughout that they've been playing the long game for a considerable time. I can't wait to see how the latest season turns out and I really hope they keep going for time to come.

Side note: my favourite recent episode was the one in S10 (I think) where Carolina goes to the place York died and has the heart to heart with Church, and she suddenly just flips and becomes this fantastic character. Given all I've said its a little odd that my favourite episode is one where absolutely nothing but a few conversations happens, but it was just such a fantastically constructed episode it's got a place in my heart forever.
  • Bornstellaris and SternuS like this

#16 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:47 AM

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Locus. I find him a much more interesting character than Felix to be honest so I'm interested to see what he's going to do.

Also, and serious but seemingly stupid question here, *spoilers past reconstruction ahead*
Spoiler

#17 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Locus. I find him a much more interesting character than Felix to be honest so I'm interested to see what he's going to do.

Also, and serious but seemingly stupid question here, *spoilers past reconstruction ahead*

Spoiler

Locus and Felix are both interesting, although they're giving much more insight to Locus, indeed.

Spoiler

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#18 Riftis

Riftis

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Steam:Riftis

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

I stopped watching just after the Out of Mind miniseries and I don't really want to do a rewatch of the earlier stuff, would anyone be able to recommend a good starting point for the later seasons so that the current story makes some sense?

#19 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:26 AM

I stopped watching just after the Out of Mind miniseries and I don't really want to do a rewatch of the earlier stuff, would anyone be able to recommend a good starting point for the later seasons so that the current story makes some sense?

Is that before Season 10? If yes, then go ahead and watch Season 10 directly (even the Re-collection wouldn't hurt (Reconstruction - Relocated - Recreation - (or was relocated here? well you can find an order somewhere) Revelation), it's a lot of fun too). If not, then re-watch Season 10 and then proceed to 11-12-13.

#20 Moustachio86

Moustachio86

UniMinion

• Contributor
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

Start with Recovery One (mini-series, introduction to Washington and some freelancers) and move onto Reconstruction. It's pretty much where they started after Blood Gulch Finished (think... Red vs. Blue: the Next Generation). Reconstruction is the beginning of the Freelancer story arc which is their best work thus far as far as I'm concerned. Season 10 is great but to get the full impact of some of it you really need the build up that Reconstruction and Recollection and er... Re-gener-lation or something. 

• Centurian128 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users