• Create Account

Photo

Life adventures? I don't know, reintroductions may be in order.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Normon

Normon

High Commander of the Fleet of Unholy Fire

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts
  • LocationThe cartographer.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

Alllllrighty. Hello glorious Sins of the Prophets community! It's been far too long since I was last online. Even more so since I last was seriously active with the community, much less the mod or the game. I don't actually remember the last time I played a match of SotP. 

Anyways, last you saw me, I was 17. Last I was seriously active, I was 16. I am now 18, and graduated from High School. Still no job, or license, BUT, I am currently working towards my Mechanical Engineering Major at University. After I spend some more time in college, I'll decide if I want to pursue a master's degree.

So now that I've filled everyone in a little on life's happenings, how is everything with all of you? How's the mod and the community?

• SternuS likes this
Signature? Quotes? Images? Nonsense! Actually, cool quotes are cool. - Me
Primus successus aut totus error. - EOD

#2 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:14 AM

I'm still glorious, Uni is still the grand master, Mobious is now Bakelit(the master of shitposting) and agigabyte is still the whipping boy.
Sweden can into gender!

#3 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:21 AM

Bakelit the master of shitposting

Thats a lie I dont shitpost.

• Riftis likes this

YmSsY2C.png

#4 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

Mobious...I feel like I should honestly recognize the name. However, I honestly don't. Perhaps some browsing is in order.

#5 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:27 AM

Mobious...I feel like I should honestly recognize the name. However, I honestly don't. Perhaps some browsing is in order.

Good luck since off topic got nuked.

But to help you I worked on this one random Killzone mod with G0lly

YmSsY2C.png

#6 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Idio
  • Location<ONI.SEC3> //96th FRC// [LOCALE: REDACTED]

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

It got nuked hard, too much shitposting. Was a bit of an.... Issue.

I'm Idio, not idiot!

#7 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

Oh boy, I should wear my glasses when on the computer. I read Idlo, though that's better than Idiot. Haha. I used to be a major player in the mod back in the day, started with playtesting. Then I got into the dev team by offering to fix some bugs, and my role grew a bit. I was 15 then. Eventually as more experienced coders that could put more time into the mod came along, my role became the map creator. Then I took an indefinite leave from the mod and disappeared.

And now we're here! Nice to virtually meet you by the way!

#8 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

So where do I buy tickets to watch the fight between you and Cole for map maker?

• 베이클라이트 likes this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#9 Caesars_Legion

Caesars_Legion

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Steam:lava788
  • LocationGreat Britain, South-East England.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:06 AM

How about they both be map makers, that way we get either maps 2x as fast, or 2x as many maps!

#10 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:46 AM

How about they both be map makers, that way we get either maps 2x as fast, or 2x as many maps!

I rather go with Jaegers idea sounds mucho more fun.

YmSsY2C.png

#11 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hello Normon! I think last time you were active, I wasn't even a PT.

Anyway yeah, what happened since...hmm...basically most of the people you knew left, or are "inactive", and the people running the show are mostly Lavo, Grunt, Cole, and Mal is doing the new models, and Uni still cracks the whip. He just did indeed, after we...ehm...after a bug slipped past our sight. So that's why we're orange.

Then a bunch of stuff happened. We abandoned the ModDB competitions because of a lot of reasons that I won't post on here, the Off-Topic section got nuked because of shitposting, Sloose now runs the servers, a lot of models went in, Covenant went from "lol we no ships" to a very large roster, we had maps but got scrapped, now we have new maps, Cole and Theselfescaping (Ryan on the skype chat) are making and tweaking the maps now.

Am I missing anything? Well you'll see for yourself. Glad to have you back!

• Normon, Fleet Admiral agigabyte, Cole Protocol and 1 other like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#12 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

Thats a lie I dont shitpost.

b52db8af7a6e8d8cf5eaf223ded717e64cd56c1c

2bcb42fd442ffadf4b68824b928881c9a8421436

Anyways...

Welcome back Normon!
  • Normon, Cole Protocol and Riftis like this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

#13 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

Cole and Theselfescaping (Ryan on the skype chat) are making and tweaking the maps now.

THIS SUNDAY WITNESS 3 SOTP MAP MAKERS BATTLE TO DEATH IN A SOTP FFA! THIS SUNDAY ONLY! $50 DOLLARS PER TICKET, SEND ALL FUNDS VIA STEAM TO WARRANGER2034!

Did I do it right?

• Normon, SternuS and Idio like this
When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#14 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

2 map makers.
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#15 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

2bcb42fd442ffadf4b68824b928881c9a8421436

those were all legit posts!!!! you have no proof otherwise since off topic got nuked.

YmSsY2C.png

#16 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

Lavo, Grunt, Cole

Meet the new balance team since your departure; now featuring 100% more rebuilds and rebalances than ever before!

A lot of stuff and things have changed in your absence from a code POV, almost all of which are for the better of literally everything. If you still have access to the internal build (I have no idea why someone would rip that from you but still), I def recommend pulling to see whats up. Or friend me or one of the other balancers on steam, we'll get you up to speed. Good to see you back in action!

• Normon, SternuS and Idio like this

#17 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:52 AM

Welcome back Norman, long time no see. So much has happened to the mod since you left. The last public alpha looks bad in comparison. I used to be grunt, a bluename, but someone with mod access changed it to this with the profile pic and it kinda stuck. Now I'm a dev helpin out Cole and Lavo

• SternuS likes this

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#18 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

Welcome back Norman, long time no see. So much has happened to the mod since you left. The last public alpha looks bad in comparison. I used to be grunt, a bluename, but someone with mod access changed it to this with the profile pic and it kinda stuck. Now I'm a dev helpin out Cole and Lavo

Oh Lord, I forgot you once used to be a pleb. I think I saw you becoming a PT while I was a PT, then upgrading to dev.

You missed a lot of stuff, Normon. Also, Cole is SciFiDude..777? I don't remember, been so long.Wow, this really feels like going back when I joined. And I love it.

• Normon likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#19 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:14 AM

Oh man I missed a lot. Actually, I remember when Cole became, well, Cole. Probably because I occasionally checked in here every few months, but didn't delve too deep. I do believe I remember a Grunt. As for the loss of so many members, it's unfortunate. However, it's good the mod is in such a good state.

I actually don't have access to the internal build. Last time I had access is when it was run through the original Tortoise SVN. When we changed from that system to whatever happened after that, I never was given access (I believe some miscommunication and forgetfulness?) and I went AWOL about a month later.

Yeah, last I was on, you weren't a PT SternuS, and I already read why you're all orange, haha. Also, I don't believe giga was a PT last I was on.

• Cole Protocol likes this

#20 Normon

Normon

• Inactive Staff
  • 432 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

Actually, I definitely remember Grunt. In fact, I voted for him to be a PT back in the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users