#1 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Xytan_%27Jar_Wattinree.jpg

These weekly posts are pretty awesome and I think warrant their own discussion thread.  This week we got new ship info and of course motherfucking Xytan 'Jar Wattinree!  Just look at that headpiece! 

https://www.halowayp...infinity-beyond

There's this info and more in this week's Canon Fodder.

• SternuS likes this

#2 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

He looks like the god of the sea. Im not impressed.

Im downright offended by whatever this is:

G8Vr7ZX.jpg

Punic Class. That has to be the worst name for this ship I have ever heard. It just looks like a literal Epoch having its model fused with a bunch of stretched out cruisers.

• Riftis likes this

#3 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

He looks like the god of the sea. Im not impressed.

Im downright offended by whatever this is:

G8Vr7ZX.jpg

Punic Class. That has to be the worst name for this ship I have ever heard. It just looks like a literal Epoch having its model fused with a bunch of stretched out cruisers.

Yeah that looks awful.  I think Xytan looks great...minus the glowing eyes.  

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

I think Punic class is a decent name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punics

However, yet another kitbashed model.

cftrafalgar-94bb0828192a4c6cac20d54feaa6Epoch-3-e1434040480149.png

Sigh...

• MrChipps and SternuS like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#5 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

The only potential in that design is the potential that the UNSC finally got some common sense and buried the command center within the hull of their vessel.

• chiefship likes this

#6 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

Sam died for this...

• MrChipps, SternuS, Lord Stark and 2 others like this

#7 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Sam died for this...

I lol'd. Hard.

The only potential in that design is the potential that the UNSC finally got some common sense and buried the command center within the hull of their vessel.

I agree it's smart, but again it is very poor design choice from a visual POV. The UNSC, in all carriers, has had visible command centers on the superstructure. This goes against EVERYTHING the UNSC ever did in the past. Not even there Cruisers did this! The Cruisers that lead fleets! This ship is right up there with the valiant in terms of ugly.

The ADP looks decent though... ish...

#8 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

I lol'd. Hard.

I agree it's smart, but again it is very poor design choice from a visual POV. The UNSC, in all carriers, has had visible command centers on the superstructure. This goes against EVERYTHING the UNSC ever did in the past. Not even there Cruisers did this! The Cruisers that lead fleets! This ship is right up there with the valiant in terms of ugly.

The ADP looks decent though... ish...

Eh, it looks like a lumpy SDV.  The Man 'O War and the Corvette post-war designs are pretty cool though.  

#9 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

Eh, it looks like a lumpy SDV.  The Man 'O War and the Corvette post-war designs are pretty cool though.  

The Covenant they are actually starting to do well with, I do see a little ingenuity there. Not much. But some. UNSC makes me want to cry, but does reaffirm my faith as strictly Covenant player in SotP.

• Riftis likes this

#10 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hmm whoops can someone edit the title to one n.  I messed up on that one lol

And yeah the Covenant designs are way better than the UNSC new ones.  

#11 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:57 PM

Hmm whoops can someone edit the title to one n.  I messed up on that one lol

Done

If you thought a scale Long Night of Solace for terrain was impressive, wait until you see what they bring out next August 4 – 7 in Indianapolis!

This is terrifying. It's either the Unyielding Hierophant (pls?) or a 60 mile long SUPERKITBASH. Sadly I have to lean towards the latter, unless they somehow make High Charity.

#12 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:01 PM

Done

This is terrifying. It's either the Unyielding Hierophant (pls?) or a 60 mile long SUPERKITBASH. Sadly I have to lean towards the latter, unless they somehow make High Charity.

Probs the Hierophant...Although balance is going to go out the window when you have a tabletop piece bigger than the bloody table.  4 ft...Jesus.

#13 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

This issue was like

3Ev6K6m.gif

While loving the portrait of Xytan, and the Prophet's one (yay for a different Prophet, not the same crowned one, i appreciate that), Cortana looks like another AI, that isn't Cortana's face at all, Lord Hood is...well...Lord Hood. One of the most fucking awesome characters in the history of Halo.

Then we get to the ships. Again, i love the name, Punic (heh, I'd rather have a Caesar one, but...), but the ship's kitbashed again. At least, AT LEAST, it's squared-ish...I fear the moment when they'll implement the designs from Halo 4, and they said they will. So I'll give this one a chance knowing what's to come next.

The CAS apparently they're going with the H2 - H2A one, the one with the buildings on it...can't say neither yay or nay, I hope they'll make the standard one too...then the new Cov ships are meh, doesn't really resemble Covenant ships, too much complicated, too much post war.

I laughed reading the beginning of the article. Seriously, Escalation is a pile of garbage. Both lore-wise and story-wise, it's just bad. Also awfully drawn. I can't believe they think that anyone is going to be emotionally invested in Tanaka with the shitty introduction they gave her in Escalation.

The first ship we've seen in Halo, which is even the first Human thing we see in Halo ever, is the Pillar of Autumn and its beautifully exposed bridge. Even in Cole Protocol, Thel admired human's bravado in putting the bridge so exposed.

This doesn't mean that a more reasonable design wouldn't be logic, but...that's not a point for them.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#14 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:20 PM

If you thought a scale Long Night of Solace for terrain was impressive, wait until you see what they bring out next August 4 – 7 in Indianapolis!

I refuse to believe that any of the factions that struggle to maintain their own goddamn fleets, are capable of making anything larger than an Assault Carrier, and even that is a stretch.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#15 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:38 PM

This issue was like

3Ev6K6m.gif

While loving the portrait of Xytan, and the Prophet's one (yay for a different Prophet, not the same crowned one, i appreciate that), Cortana looks like another AI, that isn't Cortana's face at all, Lord Hood is...well...Lord Hood. One of the most fucking awesome characters in the history of Halo.

Then we get to the ships. Again, i love the name, Punic (heh, I'd rather have a Caesar one, but...), but the ship's kitbashed again. At least, AT LEAST, it's squared-ish...I fear the moment when they'll implement the designs from Halo 4, and they said they will. So I'll give this one a chance knowing what's to come next.

The CAS apparently they're going with the H2 - H2A one, the one with the buildings on it...can't say neither yay or nay, I hope they'll make the standard one too...then the new Cov ships are meh, doesn't really resemble Covenant ships, too much complicated, too much post war.

I laughed reading the beginning of the article. Seriously, Escalation is a pile of garbage. Both lore-wise and story-wise, it's just bad. Also awfully drawn. I can't believe they think that anyone is going to be emotionally invested in Tanaka with the shitty introduction they gave her in Escalation.

The first ship we've seen in Halo, which is even the first Human thing we see in Halo ever, is the Pillar of Autumn and its beautifully exposed bridge. Even in Cole Protocol, Thel admired human's bravado in putting the bridge so exposed.

This doesn't mean that a more reasonable design wouldn't be logic, but...that's not a point for them.

The reason they went with the H2A version for the CAS is that the plot device is gonna have the standard CAS look with the additional hangar bay over the engines.

#16 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

The reason they went with the H2A version for the CAS is that the plot device is gonna have the standard CAS look with the additional hangar bay over the engines.

That makes me dislike that decision even more.

Who is going to buy the plot device anyway? How much is it going to cost? 80 bucks per se?

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#17 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:20 PM

CSO isn't actually a purchasable item in Fleet Battles.

#18 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

That makes sense. It would probably fuck with their supposed canonical balancing to include a ship that's basically a large fleet all on its own. Seriously, fuck that thing.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#19 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

plot device isn't actually a purchasable item in Fleet Battles.

Not yet. They'll test it to see what the fans are asking for, completely ignore fans' requests, then they'll put it in an awesome expansion that you'll have to buy.

#20 chiefship

chiefship

Petty Officer First Class

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationLand of the wörk. wörk wörk wörk

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:10 AM

to bad that there is not a fleet battle game with star wars theme and a buyable Superstardestroyer that is araound the size of the plot device

My face during the Germany:Brazil game 2014

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users