• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Caesars_Legion

Caesars_Legion

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Steam:lava788
  • LocationGreat Britain, South-East England.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

Okay, so, nobody murder me for bringing this up please, I just have a few questions.

1. It is removed in the current (available) version of the Mod, is it planned to be reintroduced?

2. One issue i've been having with the game without culture is the mid-late game. Culture influences the loyalty of planets, if you're in + culture it goes up, if not it (typically) goes down or stays neutral. In mid-late game when you typically (on larger maps) have lots of planets, issues arise over income. Planets on 100% loyalty will produce more Credits/Metal/Crystal whereas planets on 80/70/60/50 will produce significantly less; and since in the current build there is no culture, the further away you get from the capital, well, down, down, down goes the amount of value a planet will have to you. This certainly affects me in the later game since the AI (seemingly) has unlimited resources, and since whilst Yay I will have more planets, I will go Boo because the value of each ones goes down.  Of course, this is in the Current Released version of the mod, but I am just curious as to what your doing with it.

Again, don't kill me. I did take a look to see if there was something that answered my question but nothing direct though I did only quickly browse through.

Thanks.

#2 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

Okay, so, nobody murder me for bringing this up please, I just have a few questions.

1. It is removed in the current (available) version of the Mod, is it planned to be reintroduced?

As far as I remember the answer is no. . But I might be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YmSsY2C.png

#3 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

Am sorry sirs, is no more culture. We cut all culture. Culture is all out. No more mod with contain culture.

You want culture? No. Is no culture. Poof gone.

• MrChipps, Prone-To-Post, Idio and 1 other like this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#4 Caesars_Legion

Caesars_Legion

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Steam:lava788
  • LocationGreat Britain, South-East England.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

Mkay then. Wasn't sure but that clarifies it.

"You make me sad."

#5 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

Mkay then. Wasn't sure but that clarifies it.

"You make me sad."

Actually, wait for Dev's answer. Mine was just a joke.

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#6 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

Culture is not a thing, it is a stupid function (at base level). Planets become radioactive from pop music and cheesy movies, and this somehow stops you from taking over a planet when you have energy projectors >_>

Next release the whole allegiance and culture dynamic will change, you won't be as harmed by having a lower allegiance; but to be clear culture will not be returning next release. In the future however, I personally would like to take a look at culture again. With some alteration it could do some interesting stuff, but I am no advocate for the return of culture spam in the conventional sense.

#7 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

Culture is not a thing, it is a stupid function (at base level). Planets become radioactive from pop music and cheesy movies, and this somehow stops you from taking over a planet when you have energy projectors >_>

Next release the whole allegiance and culture dynamic will change, you won't be as harmed by having a lower allegiance; but to be clear culture will not be returning next release. In the future however, I personally would like to take a look at culture again. With some alteration it could do some interesting stuff, but I am no advocate for the return of culture spam in the conventional sense.

Surely, with all the "Hunt the Truth" stuff and generally mysterious things coming with Halo 5, we'll find something in the lore that might fill the role, tweaked and adjusted.

It's just a matter of time.

#8 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

Wasn't there an idea to make an entity that raised allegiance of owned planets overtime without culture? I think Lavo was the one who brought that up

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#9 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

Wasn't there an idea to make an entity that raised allegiance of owned planets overtime without culture? I think Lavo was the one who brought that up

Yes, but this was for the [REDACTED] economy plan; it really isn't needed now.

#10 WarthogRacingMan3

WarthogRacingMan3

Mr. Warthog Racing Man

• Authorized Playtester
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWaukegan, Ilinois, United Republic of North America

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

Maybe instead of culture, how about some sort of influence system?

The Warthog Racing Man the Third

Posted Image

Desolation comes upon the sky

Now I see fire

#11 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

While culture has been removed, in SotP the lowest allegiance value a planet can sink to is 50%, as of the current beta, versus vanilla, where the lowest starting allegiance level is 25%. This, combined with the lower decay per jump from capital world, makes the 10% bonus from culture be far less important in the mod than in vanilla, even if obviously this is a big bonus.

#12 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

To be honest, culture isn't needed, nor anything of the sort. You have to face the fact that the more you expand, the more the outer colonies will feel less connected with the capital. This was true also for many other games, such as Medieval II Total War, where capital's distance would drastically impact people's mood, and the only remedy you had was to move the capital - something you can do in SoaSE too.

And with the Insurrection and the Schism going on, I feel not having the culture bonus is a nice addition to the mod. And I speak of addition when actually there's one mechanic less.

#13 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

You have to face the fact that the more you expand, the more the outer colonies will feel less connected with the capital. 

Wasnt that also a fact in the actual halo lore with the outer colonies feeling/beeing exploited and shit and rebel groups starting to rise?

Sure base sins culture system is lame but having the outer colonies rebel ones would add something to the game I guess.

YmSsY2C.png

#14 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Wasnt that also a fact in the actual halo lore with the outer colonies feeling/beeing exploited and shit and rebel groups starting to rise?

Sure base sins culture system is lame but having the outer colonies rebel ones would add something to the game I guess.

I was indeed referring to that. Insurrection and shit.

#15 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

It would be cool if somehow you could get militia forces to emerge when culture falls below a certain level.  

#16 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

It would be cool if somehow you could get militia forces to emerge when culture falls below a certain level.  

I think Armada 3 had a similiar system where militia would spawn on outer colonies. Haven't played in a long time though.

YmSsY2C.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users