• Create Account

Photo

Halo 5 Spoiler Discussion Thread (DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BE SPOILED)

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

Petty Officer Third Class

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:47 AM

Anyone who thinks this is legit is naive.

jeez, I'm physically hurt by this...

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#22 MasterBuilderFaber

MasterBuilderFaber

Crewman

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Steam:MasterBuilderFaber
  • LocationMaethrillian, Forerunner Ecumene

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

It's fake ONI propaganda, get over it people.

"I am the Warden Eternal! Keeper of the Domain and her secrets. The Master Chief was called. But you, your passage has been denied"
Spoiler

#23 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:00 AM

It's fake ONI propaganda, get over it people.

Maybe you are fake and you are just trying to convince us this is fake.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte, Lord Stark and cagywhiterino like this

YmSsY2C.png

#24 Bornstellaris

Bornstellaris

The Winter Soldier

• Mod Staff
  • 1,533 posts
  • Steam:Bornstellaris
  • LocationCivil War

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

"But I knew him" 

- Bucky Barnes

Spoiler

#25 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

cool looking.

YmSsY2C.png

#26 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

Welp pretty much everyone called it. ONI bullshit as per ususal.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#27 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

But, doesn't debunk the whole leak on the pages in that trailer

We regret being alien bastards! We regret coming to earth! But we most definitely regret that the corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet! - Sargent Avery J Johnson  

#28 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:04 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=l0q7nGb4dhY

It appears that it WAS all a cover up after all.

Planks3.png

#29 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Welp pretty much everyone called it. ONI bullshit as per ususal.

PLEAS SAY THAT INFINITY IS DED FOR REAL THOUGH. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

YmSsY2C.png

#30 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

PLEAS SAY THAT INFINITY IS DED FOR REAL THOUGH. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

I'd like that, but I think that also wouldn't happen till Halo 6.

#31 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

I'd like that, but I think that also wouldn't happen till Halo 6.

Dun crush ma dreams pliz. y u do tis?

YmSsY2C.png

#32 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

The Infinity needs to die. Just because it has a fancy Forerunner engine doesn't mean it can fend off entire fleets of Jul `Mdamas ships. Covenant ships were based on Forerunner tech thousands of years longer than humans ships were. Its literally a troll ship. Plot device

Planks3.png

#33 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

Its literally a troll ship.

plot device

YmSsY2C.png

#34 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

plot device

I guess they are the same thing

Planks3.png

#35 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

The Infinity needs to die. Just because it has a fancy Forerunner engine doesn't mean it can fend off entire fleets of Jul `Mdamas ships. Covenant ships were based on Forerunner tech thousands of years longer than humans ships were. Its literally a troll ship. Plot device

I'm pretty damn sure its stated that the Infinity was built to take on Covenant Fleets and Capital Ships with just its 10 frigates for support. Keep in mind that was for a prim and proper united Covenant that has fully functional ships not the falling apart ones that belong to Jul's fleet. It has been stated that pretty much most Post Covenant factions are at loss due to the UNSC taking most Huragoks because most don't know how to build or repair ships since the Buggers(who went home) and the Huragok did it for them.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#36 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:59 PM

I'm pretty damn sure its stated that the Infinity was built to take on Covenant Fleets and Capital Ships with just its 10 frigates for support. Keep in mind that was for a prim and proper united Covenant that has fully functional ships not the falling apart ones that belong to Jul's fleet. It has been stated that pretty much most Post Covenant factions are at loss due to the UNSC taking most Huragoks because most don't know how to build or repair ships since the Buggers(who went home) and the Huragok did it for them.

Nice arguments there! But that still doesn't change the fact that the UNSC reverse-engineered Forerunner tech extremely quickly; and almost caught up to the covenant by Halo 4, despite the Covenant having 1000s of years longer to analyze the vast amounts of artifacts at their disposal with their advanced tech. Its purely for the sake of the story.

Planks3.png

#37 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

Nice arguments there! But that still doesn't change the fact that the UNSC reverse-engineered Forerunner tech extremely quickly; and almost caught up to the covenant by Halo 4, despite the Covenant having 1000s of years longer to analyze the vast amounts of artifacts at their disposal with their advanced tech. Its purely for the sake of the story.

1) Huragrok. These things are biological super computers that are all over Infinity and have been since 2553.

2) Infinity was being built and having Forerunner&Covenant tech put into it as early as 2537

3) We never reverese engineered the tech for the Infinity. It was shoved in and intagrated with Human tech.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#38 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

3) We never reverse engineered the tech for the Infinity. It was shoved in and integrated with Human tech.

I'm sorry but I have to correct you here. Humanity reversed engineered different Forerunner tech while it was the Covenant that just shoved it in because the Prophets and or Sangheili didn't allow tampering with holy artifacts. On the other hand, with the help of the Huragrok, Humanity was able to reverse engineer these artifacts because they didn't care about them being 'holy' which is why they're already at the Covenant's level of technology and can somewhat be considered that they could nearly pass them.

http://halo.wikia.co...hievement_Tiers Read the information at Tier 2.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#39 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

I'm sorry but I have to correct you here. Humanity reversed engineered different Forerunner tech while it was the Covenant that just shoved it in because the Prophets and or Sangheili didn't allow tampering with holy artifacts. On the other hand, with the help of the Huragrok, Humanity was able to reverse engineer these artifacts because they didn't care about them being 'holy' which is why they're already at the Covenant's level of technology and can somewhat be considered that they could nearly pass them.

http://halo.wikia.co...hievement_Tiers Read the information at Tier 2.

That's not true at all.  Both the San'Shyuum Schism and the San'Shyuum-Sangheili War were fought because the Reformists wanted access to Forerunner technology to learn from it and reverse engineer it.  The Covies rarely just slap forerunner tech onto their vessels aside from those with the 'Ordained designation'.  The Covenant were actually amazing at reverse engineering and re-purposing of Forerunner technology to the point where even Cortana was impressed.  The Covenant are excellent at being imitative, they are just garbage at innovation.  Even on Ascendant Justice they reverse engineered Human tech to create a decent AI.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2598

In other news, Frank O'Connor says this about the leak of the script.

"Makes me so mad when they carefully blur out everything else and make a rookie mistake like that. Nitwits."

Or that's what he wants us to think.  

#40 cagywhiterino

cagywhiterino

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

That's not true at all. Both the San'Shyuum Schism and the San'Shyuum-Sangheili War were fought because the Reformists wanted access to Forerunner technology to learn from it and reverse engineering. The Covies rarely just slap forerunner tech onto their vessels aside from those with the 'Ordained designation'. The Covenant were actually amazing at reverse engineering and re-purposing of Forerunner technology to the point where even Cortana was impressed. The Covenant are excellent at being imitative, they are just garbage at innovation. Even on Ascendant Justice they reverse engineered Human tech to create a decent AI.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2598

In other news, Frank O'Connor says this about the leak of the script.

"Makes me so mad when they carefully blur out everything else and make a rookie mistake like that. Nitwits."

Or that's what he wants us to think.

WHAT DID I SAY :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users