• Create Account

Photo

Halo 5 Spoiler Discussion Thread (DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BE SPOILED)

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#41 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:11 PM

I'm sorry but I have to correct you here. Humanity reversed engineered different Forerunner tech while it was the Covenant that just shoved it in because the Prophets and or Sangheili didn't allow tampering with holy artifacts. On the other hand, with the help of the Huragrok, Humanity was able to reverse engineer these artifacts because they didn't care about them being 'holy' which is why they're already at the Covenant's level of technology and can somewhat be considered that they could nearly pass them.

I was mainly talking about the engines which are stated to have been forerunner in origin.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#42 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, that makes sense now. I got a bit of my information mixed up. I knew there was something or rather that the Covenant 'lacked' that meant their research and advancement was slowed and limited but I forgot it was innovation. ZI knew that the San Shyuum reversed engineered so I'm not sure why I included them. I mean, that was the reason of their civil war but wasn't the war between Sangheili and San Shyuum because of how they believed Forerunner Artifacts should be treated? San Shyuum wanted to reverse engineer even if it meant the Artifacts destruction more or less and the Sangheili wanted to keep them to worship. i might be wrong here, all the information from the books I all read in quick succession a few years ago is becoming blurred. I gotta go back and reread some of them.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#43 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:07 PM

I mean, that was the reason of their civil war but wasn't the war between Sangheili and San Shyuum because of how they believed Forerunner Artifacts should be treated? San Shyuum wanted to reverse engineer even if it meant the Artifacts destruction more or less and the Sangheili wanted to keep them to worship. i might be wrong here, all the information from the books I all read in quick succession a few years ago is becoming blurred. I gotta go back and reread some of them.

You're right. Elites wanted to worship them while the Reformist Prophets wanted to use them.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#44 MrChipps

MrChipps

Having a beer with Colonel Jack O'Neill

• Contributor
  • 789 posts
  • LocationThe Commonwealth wasteland

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:50 AM

*reads through thread*

-I had no idea the hype train had a warp drive?
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this
Sweden can into gender!

#45 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

Integrated Forerunner technology!

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#46 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

Covenant had religious restrictions that retarded their use and investigation into Forerunner tech. They had very little AI assistance. Humans have tens of thousands of AI constructs helping us peal apart Forerunner tech. Infinity took 20 years to build. It's not a plot device in-universe.

• MrChipps, Jaeger, Whitehalomango and 1 other like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#47 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

http://www.ign.com/v...paign=Spotlight

'Mdama dies within the first 18 minutes of the game.  He got Dooku'ed.  Fuck.

#48 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

"Arbiter's an ally.  As far as I'm concerned these dead are our brothers." Loving the camaraderie between Osiris and SoS.  

#49 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

https://www.halowayp...enter-the-arena

Details on Arena ranks and Quitting/TKing/Intentional sucides

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#50 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:50 AM

not needed for plot anyway forerunners brah

well the game certainly looks amazing.

YmSsY2C.png

#51 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:47 PM

not needed for plot anyway forerunners brah

well the game certainly looks amazing.

Halsey: It seems like your fingers are in open rebellion Hand. 

Me: Top kek

Also official mission list:

Mission 1 - Osiris - Kamchatka
Fireteam Osiris is dispatched to recover the UNSC's most wanted criminal: Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey.

Mission 2 - Blue Team - Argent Moon
The Master Chief is reunited with his Spartan II Blue Team for a routine investigation of the lost ONI research station Argent Moon.

Mission 3 - Glassed - Meridian
Osiris must pursue Blue Team to a glassed world beyond UNSC jurisdiction.

Mission 4 - Meridian Station - Meridian
Osiris learns that Meridian Station holds many secrets.

Mission 5 - Unconfirmed - Meridian
Osiris tracks Blue Team deep below the surface of Meridian.

Mission 6 - Evacuation - Meridian
Osiris is separated from Blue Team and must race to keep up.

Mission 7 - Reunion - Genesis
Blue Team arrives at the Forerunner world Genesis where they discover the true reason for the Guardians' activation.

Mission 8 - Swords of Sanghelios - Sanghelios
When evidence reveals that the Master Chief is in danger, Fireteam Osiris' mission changes from retrieval to rescue.

Mission 9 - Alliance Sanghelios
Osiris joins forces with the Swords of Sanghelios.

Mission 10 - Enemy Lines Sanghelios
In order to activate a Guardian, Osiris must track down a Forerunner Constructor.

Mission 11 - Before the Storm - Sanghelios
Osiris and the Swords of Sanghelios prepare for a final battle with the Covenant.

Mission 12 - Battle of Sunaion - Sanghelios
Osiris races to reach the Guardian before it leaves Sanghelios.

Mission 13 - Genesis Genesis
Osiris arrives on Genesis, where they meet a new ally in their battle.

Mission 14 - The Breaking - Genesis
The Master Chief and his team face their greatest threat and his hardest choice as the true power of the Guardians is revealed.

Mission 15 - The Guardians - Genesis
As Blue Team's lives hang in the balance, Osiris must save them and stop the Guardians.

Only 3 Blue Team missions -____-

In other news Locke saves the Arbiter.  He was originally tapped to assassinate the Arbiter, but later opted out because things changed.

#52 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

Only 3 Blue Team missions -____-

In other news Locke saves the Arbiter.  He was originally tapped to assassinate the Arbiter, but later opted out because things changed.

I'm not exactly sure of that. The missions descriptions do lean on Osiris but maybe it'll be like 2 One on then one off.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#53 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

I'm not exactly sure of that. The missions descriptions do lean on Osiris but maybe it'll be like 2 One on then one off.

Its 4 max if mission 13 is Blue Team.  Aside from that its pretty straightforward who has which missions.

#54 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

http://www.ign.com/v...paign=Spotlight

I would have expected more of a fight. Those zealots were just standing around doing nothing. He didn't even threaten to kill Halsey, or anything.

Planks3.png

#55 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:06 PM

for fucks sake I finally know now why osiris is hunting blue team.

YmSsY2C.png

#56 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

I would have expected more of a fight. Those zealots were just standing around doing nothing. He didn't even threaten to kill Halsey, or anything.

Story so far didn't impress me a single bit I have  to say. (currently watched till end of mission 3 I think?) Might change though with all that cortana weirdness.

YmSsY2C.png

#57 Daringpear

Daringpear

Crewman

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Steam:daringpear

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

So...Silentium made it pretty clear that when the halo rings fired, all precursor tech broke (including the domain/organion). I wonder how they will explain the domain magically appearing.

Also,  http://bananatwinky....ge/131382323881

Planks3.png

#58 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

So...Silentium made it pretty clear that when the halo rings fired, all precursor tech broke (including the domain/organion). I wonder how they will explain the domain magically appearing.

The leading theory is that the Domain's acess to our universe was destroyed and it resided in another universe made by the precursors. after a 100k years its managed to get back in contact with us.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#59 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Also,  http://bananatwinky....ge/131382323881

Top kek 

#60 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

If I had to guess....

The Precursors' concept of neorophysics wouldn't just encompass the Milky Way. It would have to be a phenomenon on the scale of the entire universe. As we know, traveling via Slipspace, and thus faster than light, causes the universe to undergo a sort of casual reconciliation to sort out paradoxes arising thereof. Simply put, Slipspace travel is a wound, and the universe heals itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if this "ability" extended beyond its application to Slipspace. It isn't unthinkable that, over many millennia, the damage to neurophysics relative to the Milky Way could eventually repair itself.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users