#1 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

So you might think I'm a conciousless hater, but really I'm not - I do hate 343i, but for a number of reasons.

So instead of a rant post, how about an appreciation post? Maybe that'll cheer things up a bit, and show that, despite what some think, I don't stay awake at night plotting 343i's death.

Starting off with a huge success, Halo CE: Anniversary was a strike at the heart for me, I wanted it so badly and finally someone did it. Ah, the hope I had in 343i!

Then came Halo 4...but then came the Forerunner Saga, which i really love and appreciate (I'm counting everything post-Halo Reach as if it was done by 343i - which although might not be exact, they still approved it.). The space battles occuring in those books still give me the chills.

The Kilo 5 Trilogy was a nice read-through, the characters well-developed and the plot setting up Jul 'Mdama was good.

Hunt the Truth gave us such a good story, I wouldn't dislike seeing it as a TV serie. It's really enjoyable and lovely, definitely one of the best times I had during this summer, listening and waiting for the next episode.

Hunters in the Dark is another exceptional book. I'm so glad they didn't destroy the Ark, heck they even made it cooler with all that sutff I won't spoil.

The Master Chief Collection, I won't hide this to you, when i get in a menu, the music and the memories fill me all of a sudden and I've found myself oftenly with watery eyes. I said it already and I'll say it again, had they not fucked up the multy (at least for me), the MCC would've swept away every other mistake they made. It's such a good thing overall.

All the terminals in the anniversaries and in Halo 4 were really enjoyable. A nice addition to the campaign experience.

The multy is, at least with Halo 4 and 2A, smoother than Reach's one, and honestly I love Halo 5 multy, don't care if they copied it, it's fun, it's enjoyable and I can't wait to play Halo 5's multy.

I still have to read Broken Circle, and the other books. I'm positive about Halo 5 campaign, and I'm hyped as always. I think that's it, then?

There it is, a honest description of the things 343i has done that I like. I really can't belive I'm writing this, but apparently people can't understand a human being can have both a positive and a negative feeling toward one thing.

I wrote this as you see it, a direct description of the things I like. Let it be the last time I do so.

• Demosthenes likes this

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#2 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

Impressive. More stuff than I thought.

YmSsY2C.png

#3 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

Wait, you're not the 'I-will-burn-343i's-family-to-the-ground' revolutionary I thought? Shame on you, SternuS. I will admit, I didn't like MCC as a whole when I played it at my friend's house - the iron skull won't turn off in H2A - but I liked the Halo 2 multiplayer at least, and the waiting times weren't too long.

As for their games. In Halo the campaign was good, at least in my eyes. They advanced the story in a way that none of us really thought about - what would happen if Cortana died? The cutscenes - where they were placed and how they were done - was brilliant, and though a few of the engagements could be skipped on Legendary, it was still a challenge to complete. Although Halo: CEA was a little disappointing to me, I liked how they tried to incorporate the Kinect into the gameplay (if it was annoying at times), but for a remake, it was still good. The collectibles (skulls and terminals) IMO made the game that little bit more fun to play.

Tbh, I have no idea why people hate on the Kilo 5 Trilogy. I've read the first 2 books, and I loved them. Like you said, the characters are well-developed and fleshed out, and the backstory for Jul 'Mdama is well-written. The only thing I didn't like was the Sangheili's reliance on the Prophets (you'd think they'd have weaponsmiths to help), but I believe she portrayed them as they really are; strong religious brutes who are struggling to adept to the loss of their religion. It was a good read IMO.

HTT was well planned out, never really expected ONI's setup, and I enjoyed it overall.

#4 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

Tbh, I have no idea why people hate on the Kilo 5 Trilogy. 

Karen Taviss is because some don't like how she portrayed Halsey and peoples opinions on her compared to how Nylund did.

the iron skull won't turn off in H2A 

That has always been like that. Worst design choice in a game imo next to the futuristic bullshit with Arma 3.

Impressive. More stuff than I thought.

I agree a lot more then I could have guessed.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#5 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

Wait, what do you guys mean when you say the iron skull won't turn off?
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#6 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Wait, what do you guys mean when you say the iron skull won't turn off?

Halo 2 Legendary has Iron auto on in cooperative play. Annoying as fuck all in boss fights and the first room of gravemind. Been like that since 2004.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#7 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

That has always been like that. Worst design choice in a game imo next to the futuristic bullshit with Arma 3.

Says you. Working together with my brothers made me feel like we were an actual team of Spartans, planning shit out, optimizing roles, etc.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#8 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:23 PM

Says you. Working together with my brothers made me feel like we were an actual team of Spartans, planning shit out, optimizing roles, etc.

Well combined with 360noscope420blazeit jackals, brutes that refuse to die, and retarded ass ally AI along with Iron and Halo 2 Legendary becomes a large amount of bullshit.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#9 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:25 PM

360noscope420blazeit jackals

The only legitimate thing you've said.

brutes that refuse to die

Headshots, needlers, plasma grenades. In every stage with Brutes, these are heavily abundant. You have no excuse.

retarded ass ally AI

Depending on an AI is an official declaration that you have no idea what you're doing. They're walking ammo carriers, at best.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#10 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

Headshots, needlers, plasma grenades. In every stage with Brutes, these are heavily abundant. You have no excuse.

Depending on an AI is an official declaration that you have no idea what you're doing. They're walking ammo carriers, at best.

I see you have not faced the horror of gravemind.

I don't rely on AI relying on them like you said is moronic. I give them power weapons when theres only a single shot and then they go die stupidly.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#11 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

I see you have not faced the horror of gravemind.

You mean the super short level you can mostly run through? Such horror. Wait, I can't remember. I mix Halo 2 levels up easily. Amendment: You mean the level with tons of carbines and needlers to cheese literally every enemy with? Such horror.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#12 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

You mean the super short level you can mostly run through? Such horror. Wait, I can't remember. I mix Halo 2 levels up easily. Amendment: You mean the level with tons of carbines and needlers to cheese literally every enemy with? Such horror.

I'm am really starting to doubt you have played Halo 2 Legendary.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#13 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

Someone's experience was different from my own in any way?! FILTHY LYING SCUM!

FTFY.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#14 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:02 PM

FTFY.

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm serisouly doubting how you can call brutes easy at the start of gravemind.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#15 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Ten seconds. That's all you need.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

#16 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:21 PM

Ten seconds. That's all you need

That is some serious checkpoint manipulation. I never did that.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#17 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

I'm serisouly doubting how you can call brutes easy at the start of gravemind.

That is some serious checkpoint manipulation. I never did that.

Glad to see we're staying on track here.

Spoiler
Spoiler

#18 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:09 AM

Yeah the Halo 2 Legendary Co-op was a mix of good and bad feelings for me, I did it with my brother but holy shit, restarting at the checkpoint every goddamn time was so frustrating - Quarantine Zone became the worst level in the history of humankind. It's also the reason why Halo 2 is the only Halo so far that I've not completed Legendary Co-op, we got through every level 'till Tartarus' fight, but couldn't defeat him. Shame on us.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#19 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:31 AM

Yeah the Halo 2 Legendary Co-op was a mix of good and bad feelings for me, I did it with my brother but holy shit, restarting at the checkpoint every goddamn time was so frustrating - Quarantine Zone became the worst level in the history of humankind. It's also the reason why Halo 2 is the only Halo so far that I've not completed Legendary Co-op, we got through every level 'till Tartarus' fight, but couldn't defeat him. Shame on us.

Replace QZ with Gravemind and thats my buddy and I. We can get to the ape but we can't kill him, were pretty much ready to say fuck it and throw bandana on and just get the legendary completion for Helioskrill.

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#20 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 01:40 AM

It's also the reason why Halo 2 is the only Halo so far that I've not completed Legendary Co-op, we got through every level 'till Tartarus' fight, but couldn't defeat him. Shame on us.

You could always squeeze a banshee into the arena, if you want. Makes it pretty simple.

Spoiler
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users