8 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:20 PM

Originally this was meant to be a thread on abilities for the DDS based on Ascendant Justice, but this can also just be general Covenant ship ideas.  So hereafter it'll say 'DDS' but it can really be applied to any vessel.

Maybe a refit DDS (given the Justice was a heavily modified DDS).  

Repair and Refit:  The DDS's Huragok swarm refits one vessel with improved nanolaminate plating increasing its hull strength.  With a high enough cooldown time (or limiting this to capital ships) this can be useful but not ridiculously OP.  

Associated Intelligence refit:  The DDS-class has a prototype associated intelligence installed aboard allowing it to replicate UNSC AI pathways.  

The best way for me to explain the Associated intelligence is that it managed to steal some data from Cortana including ways to make in-atmosphere jumps.  So perhaps the DDS (or whatever vessel would get this theoretical ability) would be capable of making pinpoint jumps.  

Both of these could obviously use some balance, so play around with the ideas if anyone likes them.  

#2 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Well, as Lavo said in Skype, the repair and refit is not good for anything except CAS and OAS (Maybe Battleship but not sure), since most ships have terrible shielding.

As for the AIR, I actually kinda like it. It would need to be something really late game, though.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#3 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

Wrong section?

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#4 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

Wrong section?

It's a suggestion, and it's in the suggestion section. Unless you think this stuff that isn't in the mod is sensitive material....

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#5 Jaeger

Jaeger

WarRanger2034

• Banned
  • 1,025 posts
  • Steam:WarRanger2034
  • LocationDeveloping the cure for the Flood

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:44 PM

It's a suggestion, and it's in the suggestion section. Unless you think this stuff that isn't in the mod is sensitive material....

Giga's response lead me to believe this might be something for the PT sections.

When I die, please bury me deep! Place an MA5 down by my feet! Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear! Just pack my box with PT gear! 'Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five! The ground will rumble, there'll be lightning in the sky! Don't you worry, don't come undone! It's just my ghost on a PT run!”

Veni, Vidi, Vici!

#6 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:49 PM

Nope. Lavo said something relevant in the Skype chat, so I mentioned it here.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#7 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:47 PM

would be capable of making pinpoint jumps.  

That idea has generally been shot down for a number of reasons. One of which is the AI wouldn't be able to use this properly, although it's autocast could be turned off. Though Pinpoint jumps for Cov could potentially be quite OP.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#8 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:26 AM

That idea has generally been shot down for a number of reasons. One of which is the AI wouldn't be able to use this properly, although it's autocast could be turned off. Though Pinpoint jumps for Cov could potentially be quite OP.

Which is why I think it should be limited to one vessel, I doubt you'd ever field more than one or two of theses ships.

#9 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:36 PM

AIR could possibly show vision of a nearby enemy world?

Hardcoding restraints may be an issue?

Mspaint artistry 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users