• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darrell

Darrell

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:34 AM

So i always play with the AI at max difficulty, and generally the Defender Personality (Defender is supposed to be the overall smartest AI per the large thread on the Sins modding forum)

Anyways after a nice 10 hour 4 way FFA i went thought every detail on the Victory screen and noticed that all but 1 AI really never built or researched anything/most ships. it was also very noticeable in-game, as i really didn't have any sort of challenge. as it is next match ill have to set 2 or 3 Max AI on a team against me (much pain in ass) if this continues.

Do yall have any recommendations on AI personality's based on changes made in the mod?

If i remember correctly (its been years since i modded sins) making sure the AI has certain classes / categories of ships available (e.g. utility frig 1, cruiser heavy ) in the right spot is a requirement to have the AI function correctly.

Games settings are straight up deathmatch, no capital victory or anything odd. Normal start, normal speeds, no flood.

#2 Aunt Gruntie

Aunt Gruntie

Sterilized Food Nipples!

• Contributor
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

I've been noticing that the AI just completely stops building anything once it starts building it's titan. Also they will start construction on it before the titan's research is completed further compounding the problem. Fortunately we do have a few ideas to solve this issue.

Help me Sergeant I'm lost in Kurfluffle land!

#3 Darrell

Darrell

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

Looking through the mod files noticed all AI personalities are identical, so please disregard my comment about setting it to defender. this does however make it easier to diagnose AI issues, so you only have to do 1 instead of 4.

#4 Richard

Richard

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

You say that but I did notice a huge difference by starting game with AI to fight each other. If you want the hardest chalenge play again one Agressor and one Research. As one will hit you really soon and hard while the other develop it's tech. Late game the agressor will swarm you with mainly non-advance ship but the second research one will send full upgraded fleet making the fight quite hard. I also made a sub-mod for myself where I give the AI bigger ressources bonus making it a lots stronger. I saw the AI had a lots of credits but did lack ressources at time for ??? reason and didn't seem to use the black market as much as we human does.

I also made another submod for my game wich make the Flood crazy hard to beat lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users