• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#181 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

I already told you "my sugesstion" but you fail to lissen to anyone....anyway i repeat my suggestion MAYBE you read it this time......Id like to have the phoenix as a didactet colonie ship......and the epoch as a didacted carrier with uniqe fighter and deffenciv abilitys.

Phoenix is already dedicated colony ship OR dedicated assault ship with limited carrier potential. So, I suggested to make THIS potential really limited... max 6 squadrons.

Also, it would be great, if Assault ship will have a good speed buff like MArathon, in order to get out the system until it's too late. 

"ONI eavesdrop everyone, and we eavesdrop ONI" - KGB Division "S"

INF-102, UNSC Admiral Kuznetsov (Addons make things better)

Spoiler

#182 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

What for? To have all combat ships and significant lack of space in first tab and only non-combat ships and many free space in another tab? Oh, god... Perhaps we in our Mordor not so philosophicaly educated, to understand purpose of this decision. Declarated idea is clear, but... Well, let's put your OFFCOM and DEFCOM and this ships separation till... never remember. I don't want to talk about this. I have nothing to argument my position, if you even refuse to add more units with close, but different roles. 

Support ships and Combat ships. It's rather simple. Shouldn't be hard to wrap your head around.

And, yes... They work, but not they're not soo durable and well defended from aircraft. Also, two classes would be more interesting. 

Two classes would be more complicated. And they (Eions) work really well (For any task that requires Carriers). You just need to build up a fleet, and plan out what it will be. 

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#183 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

Support ships and Combat ships. It's rather simple. Shouldn't be hard to wrap your head around.

I understand you quite well, but such separation will eat all free space.

Two classes would be more complicated.

You may not continue. After this world and previos 'let's make this mod impossible hard to play' I finally got your team point.

Perhaps you'll see how it works later. Now...Ended. I went to fill in my blocknote.

Spoiler

#184 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:12 PM

You know what.let us know what stats it would have how many squadrons it would have and so on be more specific about your "heavy carrier" and try to you know dont insult anyone who just try to suggeust anythingh....and please stop that russia is morder bulshit,no one hates you because youre russian iam pretty sure about that.

#185 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

You may not continue. After this world and previos 'let's make this mod impossible hard to play' I finally got your team point.

Did you just tell met to stfu?

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#186 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Did you just tell met to stfu?

I don't know what is stfu, honestly. If it's something like GTFO, so answer is No. I didn't dispatched you.

Also, I have a question. Do longswords use archers fire effect with machinegun stat? In file reads 'missiles'. Not sure.

You know what.let us know what stats it would have how many squadrons it would have and so on be more specific about your "heavy carrier" and try to you know dont insult anyone who just try to suggeust anythingh....and please stop that russia is morder bulshit,no one hates you because youre russian iam pretty sure about that.

It's a joke from Ukranian journal. You should see their news. There was a lot of fun, and ever were few discussions on TV.

But, question is... that not only I, but also my friends can't catch your logic with ease. And this is another time. You, perhaps, used to play more casual games there. Our devs make true soft hardcore... and none play it due to how hard it is. But this is that we look on thigs a little bit different there. And this carriers discussian has proven it once again. 

Spoiler

#187 Mojo

Mojo

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

Well.....first off i play what i want and what does it have to do with anythingh in the first........nvm whats the point to responding to that........

my point please explain the stats and its role to us more specificly so we can understand what capabilitys it would have....

just saying muh the game needs anohter carrier wont help anyone understanding your Point,hope you get what i mean.

Edit:Stfu means shut the fuck up

#188 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

Well.....first off i play what i want and what does it have to do with anythingh in the first........nvm whats the point to responding to that........

my point please explain the stats and its role to us more specificly so we can understand what capabilitys it would have....

just saying muh the game needs anohter carrier wont help anyone understanding your Point,hope you get what i mean.

Edit:Stfu means shut the fuck up

To all insulted and injured here:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#189 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

You guys want to know why it won't work out? Because on two occasions it was tried, and failed. The first is in the original entrenchment Alpha, when the Athens was a cap which clashed with the Thermopylae. The result? Everyone used the Thermopylae, because it was bigger and badder, though far more expensive. The second is the 0.56 Covenant combat ships lineup. The CCS in that case was the winner, because it was bigger and badder (though I tended to use CRS' as pursuit vessels). If anything was to be learned, it was that if there was a role clash, the more powerful ship will ALWAYS be used more. That is why the Athens, and subsequently the Epoch will not be added to the roster, balance-wise.

You wanted to know why, there you have it.
  • Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

#190 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

I'm not particularly insulted by someone telling me to shut the fuck up, but it looked like you were doing that rather than continuing to try and prove me wrong.

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#191 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:13 PM

I'm not particularly insulted by someone telling me to shut the fuck up, but it looked like you were doing that rather than continuing to try and prove me wrong.

Why should I? You like a stone wall. Even if I prove something to you, where's guarantee that red would implement these changes? If I'd like to troll you, then it wou... never mind.

Sev, I have no doubt that you're right. A already said the same about Autumns and Halcyons, as superior classes to counter Covenant... but here is thing about Tank carrier and Damage dealing carrier. If you ever played Star Trek Online, then you have better chances to understand me.

Let's say... sometimes you need wighters as addition to raids, and sometimes you need them as massive support for vast naval operations. Two different things. It also should be done right, to understand the thing. 

What we're doing now? We're making our own build, with some changes I suggested earlier. We are not going to OP UNSC once again, but add some features and make it more interesting.

Some ideas already fell dead, some still intact. It's much more easier than wage long war here, on forums. Especially when you see half of my words as insultings and bulshit.

But my flagship is always called Insufferable Arrogance, so there are low chances to win me in argument until I see everything myself. So... I'd better use this thread for suggestions like "Let's change sloop to winter-class prowler from Halo 5" or "Let's remake all strings to more RP looking, with more important information" + feedback. 

Spoiler

#192 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

The Eion has the best firepower of all UNSC frigates/cruisers and effectively has 56% more health than the Halberd. I fail to see how this is a weak unit that cannot hold its own in battle. Adding in a beefer version of the Eion as yet another frigate will result in this new unit being the mainstray of all UNSC fleets as it will have the best firepower per unit and have health that is close to that of the Halcyon. Further, making the Epoch a cruiser would be a disservice to that class; it's clearly a capital tier vessel given it's size and tonnage. That being said, the Epoch is said to have a single "Light MAC" in comparison to the Marathon's dual "Heavy MAC", which means that the Epoch has less firepower than the Halberd, which has two MACs.

Edited by Lavo, 10 November 2015 - 09:35 AM.
fixed names

• SternuS likes this

#193 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

Can't hold it's own? I suggested to make Helixes and hull it's features + expanded hangar bays. 

If making this as capital... then it must be something very special in part of abilities, because of Punic existense.

And about tonnage... Then you should move Paris to frigates, and Phoenix-class colny ship and diplomatic vessels to cruisers ) 

Spoiler

#194 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

I think you've mistaken the Epoch for the Eion a few times in your post, Lavo. The first mention makes it seem like it's already in-game...

#195 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hm. Maybe IF the Epoch was to be added it could be with a possible Hero Ship's ability? 

STA3 has abilities that can summon ships, like the Cheyenne Class. Perhaps the Epoch could fill a role here?

Unrelated: I can't stress enough that there was already thread for feedback.

Mspaint artistry 

#196 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

Hm. Maybe IF the Epoch was to be added it could be with a possible Hero Ship's ability? 

STA3 has abilities that can summon ships, like the Cheyenne Class. Perhaps the Epoch could fill a role here?

Those ships are from 3rd fleet reserve. Not heroes.

I already suggested to make summoning ability for tht UNSC Orbital HQ earlier, wich would call ships like Athens (Epoch), Makos and rarely Thermopylaes as fleet support... with lots of Parises and other common ships, of course.

Spoiler

#197 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:46 PM

UNSC is not getting a fleet call in. Covenant is a different matter however....

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte likes this

#198 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:50 AM

Unrelated: I can't stress enough that there was already thread for feedback.

Sadly, that here you can't dislike me to oblivion for nothing. My regrets.

Epoch is not a hero ship. Only Adm Stanf from Section III captained one. He's dead. Also, this ship doesn't look like something heroic.

If adding hero ships, so it could be UNSC Point of No Return, UNSC Red Horse, UNSC Canberra, UNSC Spirit of Fire (destruction is not confirmed) and UNSC Valiant (82% that she survived the battle). However, two last ships arrival to battle in crucial moment is... very unlikely. UNSC has no suitable heroes after war.

Spoiler

#199 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:38 AM

I think you've mistaken the Epoch for the Eion a few times in your post, Lavo. The first mention makes it seem like it's already in-game...

Aye, the very first name should be Eion, not Epoch.

Can't hold it's own? I suggested to make Helixes and hull it's features + expanded hangar bays.

Making it tanky makes it a Halcyon with better fighters and adding AA guns would do jack all in the greater scheme of things.

And about tonnage... Then you should move Paris to frigates, and Phoenix-class colny ship and diplomatic vessels to cruisers )

Are you seriously complaining about the frigate build pages? You call yourself an experienced modder, but don't even realize that the names of the build pages mean absolutely nothing and have no impact on the units themselves? I don't even know why they are called frigates and cruisers; previously I had renamed them to "Support Ships" and "Combat Ships", respectfully.

• SternuS likes this

#200 Battlemage1

Battlemage1

Crewman

• Authorized Playtester
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

I didn't call myself "an experienced modder". You read posts uncarefully over and over.  On the contrary, I said that I'm not pretending to be a professional in this sphere. Sins is just my hobbey. My friend, who is really experienced modder with a quite bright head is going to make a job from it, like you've done... While I shall not. 

But I know about armor types and other stuff, and know that build pages don't mean anything. Furthermore, I know how to make more options to build units, if you're out of... free space.

I simply said, that I think you might combine low tonnage battleships (Frigates, destroyers, scouts) to one group, and bigger ships (Carriers, Colony Ships, Cruisers, RSSs) to the other. Charon and Stalwart are combat ships anyway, so such segmentation looks a little bit strange. Just like new OFFCOM and DEFCOM.

And... Honestly, I didn't read SoTP page names. I used to call them simply: Frigates and Cruisers, Capitals and Titans. Furthermore, I heard phrases from AI like 'require frigate facility'.So, I suppose my dark in art of new Ships build pages is excusably. 

To Halcyons: The number is decisive for the UNSC, because every shis is a: A) Target with some amount of HP-s and AP-s  B ) Another MAC C) Part of a fleet you may need to push forward.

Even Punics can't hold so long, as wall of Halcyons. I see Epoch-class as an expensive ship with large amount of HPs and armor, but less than capital's. They are weaker than Punics, but not so overnumbered as Halcyons. They can't effectively tank anything, but incoming waves of small crafts and small pack of non-capital ships. 

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users