• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

Admirals and Fleetmasters! We hope you have been having a great time in SotP .80, a lot of man hours went in to bringing you our most refined and hopefully most enjoyable build to date. While you're playing around, if you so happen to find a bug or have a particular part of the general balance you don't care for, report it here! Tell us what you like, what you don't, what you think needs some refinement, etc.

• SternuS and Idio like this

#2 Laurent

Laurent

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:13 AM

Hello team thx for this great mod. I have a crash in v0.80 after 15 minutes play, I was zooming for monitor my first combat with covenants. Error message was to ensure LAA is applied (it was so I checked and evething fine on this side).

Steam applied the 1.83 (that do not replaced the Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe) this morning on my install, that can be the reason.

I have a dump here if it can help

#3 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:15 AM

I think this is your problem. It looks like SotP .80 doesn't support v1.83 just yet, so you'll have to reinstall version 1.82 again.

• Cole Protocol and Idio like this

#4 fightin-first

fightin-first

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:38 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a Noryang-class carrier replacing the Phoenix-Class assault ships?

#5 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:00 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be a Noryang-class carrier replacing the Phoenix-Class assault ships?

There was, but we later found out that the UNSC Atlas shown in Fall of Reach, which was the design for which we based the Noryang, was in fact another ship entirley, making our Noryang Fanon. Thus we put the Phoenix back in, as it has some canonical basis.

Hello team thx for this great mod. I have a crash in v0.80 after 15 minutes play, I was zooming for monitor my first combat with covenants. Error message was to ensure LAA is applied (it was so I checked and evething fine on this side).

Steam applied the 1.83 (that do not replaced the Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe) this morning on my install, that can be the reason.

I have a dump here if it can help

Sev nailed it, don't use 1.83.

#6 fightin-first

fightin-first

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

not sure if i'm crazy or not, but i think the loading screen that shows the discovery of Installation 04 has the halo ring inside out...

#7 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:46 PM

not sure if i'm crazy or not, but i think the loading screen that shows the discovery of Installation 04 has the halo ring inside out...

I thought that for a while, too. It's just a perspective thing.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#8 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:05 PM

Something's wrong with the black hole's planetary model. It's sitting way below the gravwell, not on it like everything else.

#9 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

Something's wrong with the black hole's planetary model. It's sitting way below the gravwell, not on it like everything else.

intentional, it's supposed to be scenic, instead of your fleets flying through the particle and making everything unseeable.

#10 Delyruin

Delyruin

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:31 PM

I gotta say, the Covenant is exceptionally funner to play now with the defense fleets and such.

• Sev likes this

#11 lordlandraid

lordlandraid

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

So I've run into an issue with the forge mode. Any map made with forge mode no longer spawns correctly because the game no longer spawns ice or volcanic worlds while the initial starting systems often try to spawn with them. This results in starting systems usually being cut off from the rest of the system because it tries to link phase lanes to planets that don't spawn. I tried linking to a screenshot I took through steam of an example of it occurring, but the site won't allow me to link through steam and I don't know any other way to do it. I could just post the url if that would help.

#12 Kilo181

Kilo181

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:53 PM

Dumb question, are there patch notes anywhere? Couldn't seem to find it with the download and searching through the forums.

#13 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

So I've run into an issue with the forge mode. Any map made with forge mode no longer spawns correctly because the game no longer spawns ice or volcanic worlds while the initial starting systems often try to spawn with them. This results in starting systems usually being cut off from the rest of the system because it tries to link phase lanes to planets that don't spawn. I tried linking to a screenshot I took through steam of an example of it occurring, but the site won't allow me to link through steam and I don't know any other way to do it. I could just post the url if that would help.

Yikes, ok confirming this. We are aware of the issue and sometime down the line, not to far from now we are going to put out another patch fixing this and several other general things. 

• PLPM likes this

#14 james340

james340

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:32 AM

Hey guys! Loving the mod - I've been playing it since you guys first started releasing the early versions, and I love it.

I have found an odd issue though. I made a 2v2 on the 2552 map. I put myself and another UNSC AI against 2 Covenant. However, when the game started, my AI teammate was a Covenant player, while my two opponents are 1 Covvie and 1 UNSC. I checked the save file, to make sure I wasn't going mad, and it lists the involved players as what they should be - A UNSC supporting AI and 2 Covvie enemies.

I can send you the save file if you need? See if it's just on my machine, or if it's common. I was thinking it may have been a map problem, as well...

#15 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hey guys! Loving the mod - I've been playing it since you guys first started releasing the early versions, and I love it.

I have found an odd issue though. I made a 2v2 on the 2552 map. I put myself and another UNSC AI against 2 Covenant. However, when the game started, my AI teammate was a Covenant player, while my two opponents are 1 Covvie and 1 UNSC. I checked the save file, to make sure I wasn't going mad, and it lists the involved players as what they should be - A UNSC supporting AI and 2 Covvie enemies.

I can send you the save file if you need? See if it's just on my machine, or if it's common. I was thinking it may have been a map problem, as well...

You probably set up the teams wrong. Can you post a picture of how you set them up in the lobby screen?

#16 Oliver

Oliver

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:58 AM

Hey team, thanks for the mod

I've been trying to play a game with my friend, however every time i attempt to open up matchmaking, it gives me an LAA crash even though singeplayer works fine. Any suggestions?

#17 Cardboard Krabs

Cardboard Krabs

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:29 AM

My mouse wheel cannot scroll in .80.1 at all

#18 james340

james340

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:56 AM

WrNOj82.jpgIbeB9PC.jpgThere it is - Team should be UNSC, but is definitely Covenant...

I haven't tried to replicate the issue, so it may have been a one off, or just a weird coincidence, but thought you guys might like to know. Let me know if you want the save files

#19 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:41 PM

IIRC the second player needs to be cov, third UNSC, fourth Cov. Teams go 1, 2, 1, 2.

WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#20 DanceJuice

DanceJuice

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:46 AM

Hello Devs!

Great work on the recent release!

Great mod, really loving the models and overall UI design, looks amazing. Feel of the combat is great too, got a real hard and fast feel to it.

However, I do have one question, are the capital ships supposed to be as squishy as they are? I'm having trouble distinguishing between my Caps and everyday cruisers...both in terms of size and power. As a result, I'm not getting any sort of attachment to my big beautiful Punics or Marathons (and the same for my covenant super-carriers, the shields don't seem to make massive difference) , and their levels seem irrelevant. 

I do notice a significant improvement after researching the armour techs, although once your opponent researches the upgraded weapons techs they go back to being squishy.

The other ships seem well-balanced! I just feel like Cap ships should have a chance of limping home after a lost fight. Maybe increase their command/supply cost as well as resource cost in exchange for increased HP/Armour and HP/Shields? or maybe a survival ability? 

Thanks for your hard work! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users