Today we're kicking off the 2016 fan trailer contest for 0.8X.
We at SotP are so busy working on the mod that we need your help on the promotional front.
What we're looking for: A trailer showcasing Sins of the Prophets in a way that would draw in individuals who've never played the mod. Ideally it would highlight many of the polished aspects of the mod, including our custom effects, planets, ships, and other assets along with our brutal variant of space combat.
The team will vote on the videos and the winner will be one of our "official" trailers. We'll promote it and help get you viewership from the SotP community at large.
- Can only feature video taken from the mod in its latest version.
- Video resolution must be 1080p or 720p shot in at least 30 fps (16:9 aspect ratio required), however 1080p in 60fps is the ideal. Videos showing harsh frame-rate drops will be unlikely to win.
- Music must come from mod or Halo universe, preferably the mod's Sound folder.
- Less than 4 minutes in length. A quick trailer done well is just as likely to win as a long trailer.
- Slideshows will not be accepted, must be live action.
- Cannot show any logos from the recording software
- Must be able to provide the video file to us at our request.
- Submissions must be posted here via youtube, vimeo, or similar video website by the 6th of May.
You can download the SotP logo and emblem from here: http://www.mediafire...Logo-Emblem.zip
- You can increase particle count to ensure nothing drops off by editing the "MaxParticleCount" attribute in the "rebellion.user.setting" file here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Setting (I use 99999)
- You can toggle the HUD off and on by hitting the keys "Shift+Ctrl+Z", turn on cinematic mode prior to toggling the HUD off.
- I use the Open Broadcaster Software to record, just go into settings have it record locally instead of streaming.