• Create Account

Photo

Getting the Strident class as a buildable ship??

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts
  • Steam:Peaks
  • LocationThe Warp, Playing hide and seek with Khorne

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

I don't know what it is but the Strident refuses to be buildable by the shipyard. 

Anyone know the fix, I have spent hours twiddling with the .entity files for the ship, research and even looking at the damn shipyard, and seriously nothing. What am I missing.

I think it would be a decent late game warship something which can challenge the covenant. 

Loadza gubbinz!

#2 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

It shouldn't even be listed in the shipyard. They only spawn from Infinity's deployment ability.
  • Lavo and Cole Protocol like this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#3 Sev

Sev

CAW Tester

• CAW Tester
  • 309 posts
  • Steam:Jazza!!!!!!!
  • LocationERROR: 001 To lazy to check

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

It shouldn't even be listed in the shipyard. They only spawn from Infinity's deployment ability.

That's right, it isn't: That's why he's coding it in :P

I'm sorry mate, but I no experience with sins coding, so I can't offer solutions for this problem. However, while you wait for one of the coders to see this, can you list all the changes you've made to try and make it buildable?

#4 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

That's right, it isn't: That's why he's coding it in :P

Kids these days with their technical whatsits.

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#5 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

First thing I did was check to location of the research which unlocked the strident. It was underneath the infinity so I moved it, to see if that was an oversight, but the subject remained hidden. So I compared it to the research unlock for the strident Stalwart, hoping for there to be some error with the spelling which buggered it all, couldn't see any.

I honestly feel sorry for the coders, in the fact that they know all this coding nonsense.

I might just add the strident deployment ability to the frigate factories and fiddle with the ability to make it appear as if the strident's are being built, the 30 second build time becoming a 30 second cool down, with the ability having a colossal duration.

And this is where I learn the fix is so easy I just completely overlooked it.

• SmokeTinyTom likes this
Loadza gubbinz!

#6 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:00 AM

The fix is called get Infinity...there you go, you got your Stridents, what more do you want? Fielding a entire army of them is just, just...HERESY! Do you have any idea how overpowered that would be? There a TITAN ability for a reason...

Rniv9mm.jpg

P.S I think the best way to figure this out is to either wait for a dev to answer or go hit one up for a chat. I suggest either Lavo or Cole Protocol as they're the main devs of the mods. Also...

WELCOME TO THE (dead) SotP FORUMS!

COME FOR THE MOD!

STAY BECAUSE YOU NO LONGER HAVE A SOUL!

P.P.S Feel free to donate what ever soul you may come across, we'll take any souls we can get, we're not picky. Obviously you can't give us you're soul anymore because you already lost that once you came to the forum so just tell any friends you have about this place. The more the merrier! We still have to meet our monthly quota of offerings to the great god of Unikraken lest we all be smited down...

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Hunter_2592 like this

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#7 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:44 AM

I have a bountiful collection of souls! Initially I was just going to grind them up but if some one wants them then YAY!! 

Also strident's being op? Have you seen the forerunner vessels so far? Their titan is op as hell! Stridents are the only answer... All of the stridents...

all of them...

• cagywhiterino and Sookendestroy1 like this
Loadza gubbinz!

#8 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:49 AM

What, you mean like this?

Good Luck!

• cagywhiterino and Sookendestroy1 like this

Remember Off-Topic!

#9 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:58 AM

I have decided that the forerunners might be a REALLY fun faction to play against.

• Sookendestroy1 likes this
Loadza gubbinz!

#10 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

I have decided that the forerunners might be a REALLY fun faction to play against.

Can't wait for the day the Forerunners will be out and you'll come back to this post to beg for them to be less OP

Anyway, you look like someone who enjoys coding! Why don't you contact our coder overlord Cole Protocol to see if he needs some help? (Pro tip: he does)

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#11 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

Once I have learned it properly. I have 20 ish hours in coding for sins but I clearly have something to learn, clearly shown through the fact I'm stumped by the weirdness of the strident.

I bet it's because that frigates got a shield!!! Or maybe oni's paint job was good enough...

Loadza gubbinz!

#12 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

Ahh, I can see the forerunner hype is real, motivation to make more forerunner stuff lol, and I believe cole may be able to help you with the strident. On a side note glad to see everyone loves my strident so much lol.

• Whitehalomango likes this

87598435209fc7b5d06a99b124fd8a27.png

#13 Cole Protocol

Cole Protocol

Balancing Coder - Particle Effects Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 1,390 posts
  • Steam:Cole Protocol
  • LocationSpirit of Fire, chilling with the Enduring Conviction.

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:55 PM

Oh boy. This thread lit up.

From what i'm hearing, you are touching so many files you don't need to. All you would need to do is add the strident to the PlayerUNSC.entity file frigate lineup, and boom it is done. But be warned, AI might not take to kindly to this, some of ye olden testers will remember what happened the last time we let the AI do this. You'll also need to add the research unlock to PlayerUNSC.entity and the frigate itself to ensure proper use, recommend using the Halberd as a template.

Why don't you contact our coder overlord Cole Protocol to see if he needs some help? (Pro tip: he does)

You should listen to this guy, he seems to know what he's talking about. (Pro tip: he really does)

I honestly feel sorry for the coders, in the fact that they know all this coding nonsense.

I can confirm that I have lost my sanity at least 3 times in the making of some code. Perhaps 4. Numbers are not important.

• Fleet Admiral agigabyte and Sookendestroy1 like this

#14 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:04 AM

Oh boy. This thread lit up.

From what i'm hearing, you are touching so many files you don't need to. All you would need to do is add the strident to the PlayerUNSC.entity file frigate lineup, and boom it is done. But be warned, AI might not take to kindly to this, some of ye olden testers will remember what happened the last time we let the AI do this. You'll also need to add the research unlock to PlayerUNSC.entity and the frigate itself to ensure proper use, recommend using the Halberd as a template.

You should listen to this guy, he seems to know what he's talking about. (Pro tip: he really does)

I can confirm that I have lost my sanity at least 3 times in the making of some code. Perhaps 4. Numbers are not important.

So I was making it harder than it needed to be... To be honest it was daft I didn't check the line up in the first place. I mean it would have been smarter considering all the signs were there.

Plus sanity is over rated. I mean where would the diadact be?. We wouldn't have the flood either! Or the hilarity which is the exploding suicide grunts! Bottom line is: who needs it!

Also is it safe to assume that the reason I was sacrificing my souls earlier is as some form of summoning ritual? The great cole only appears after the sacrifice of a million souls?

Ahh, I can see the forerunner hype is real, motivation to make more forerunner stuff lol, and I believe cole may be able to help you with the strident. On a side note glad to see everyone loves my strident so much lol.

Aye, The strident is glorious, further more it replaces the hole in my heart where the orion class battlecruiser complained about its name being pronounced wrong. Damn oni!

Loadza gubbinz!

#15 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:08 AM

Hahaha

And this is where I learn the fix is so easy I just completely overlooked it.

Well damn, you're psychic man! There really was a incredibly easy fix you overlooked...

But the numbers are the most important thing! Without them how would I know how many MA's are fucking me over?!? Or how many eggs I need to make an omelette? I wouldn't even know how many additional pylons I would need to construct!

Also, the sacrificing of souls doesn't summon Cole as he is just like any of us. He has no soul. The only difference between him and us is while we drink tea and get annihilated by the Mantle's Approach, he is the one working tirelessly to create it...and the entirety of the mod with the help and a few brave, soulless fellows. The only person here with a soul is the person with sacrifice them to, our lord and savior, the holy one, the UNIKRAKEN!

• Unikraken, Sookendestroy1 and Peaks like this

Remember Off-Topic!

#16 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:01 AM

By any chance is this UNIKRAKEN  An all consuming super god?

• Unikraken likes this
Loadza gubbinz!

#17 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 03:34 AM

Erh, more or less. Here, this will explain things better than I can. https://sinsofthepro...al-space-squid/

Remember Off-Topic!

#18 Peaks

Peaks

Crewman Apprentice

• Mod Staff
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

o.O 

Loadza gubbinz!

#19 Idio

Idio

Supreme Commander of the Playtester Corps

• Mod Staff
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Idio
  • Location<ONI.SEC3> //96th FRC// [LOCALE: REDACTED]

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:21 PM

You know you like what you saw.

Don't lie to yourself.

I'm Idio, not idiot!

#20 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

Give in to your true desires!

Remember Off-Topic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users