#1 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

J2f48ME.jpg?1

"We have been slowly losing this war. 'Slowly,' I think, because we had not been the main focus of the Covenant hegemony until recently. Now they have found and targeted Earth. Add to this grim scenario the Flood an emergent biology that even the Forerunners could not control."- Halo: Ghosts of Onyx

For some time now within the lore it was long theorized that the Covenant Empire had indeed been fighting a war on two fronts for the majority of the Human-Covenant War.  Now its been sort of confirmed that these guys are the threat.  

Now aside from finally getting a legit Jiralhanae faction in game, we also note that these guys aren't Covenant.  From a lore perspective though I am kinda...hesitant to embrace a threat that diverted the Covenant Hegemony's power when its Jiralahane lead.  I mean the Jiralhanae have been on the galactic scene for less than a century and they have the influence to garner Sangheili support and gather military strength to challenge the Covenant?  

Anyway I am interested in this development.

#2 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

I think the upcoming media is probably going to focus more on the individual races and their emerging factions. We've already seen the Sangheili ships fighting on Sanghelios for the arbiters forces, the Brute lich of the Banished (Which I am very excited about) and now grunt mechs made by grunt engineers. It seems like factions like these will most likely make appearances more commonly in the future. Crossing my fingers for unique ships.

87598435209fc7b5d06a99b124fd8a27.png

#3 Lord Stark

Lord Stark

Warden of the North

• Authorized Playtester
  • 677 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

The question that demands answering though is that if the Jiralhanae lead a rebel faction against the Covenant before the Great Schism why the fuck does Truth replace the Sangheili, that makes him seem even more incompetent. 

#4 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Because the brutes are more obedient pets? tell them they can kill stuff in another direction and they'll do it without question lol. Whereas the elites are honor bound, following a strong leader. Plus the brutes of the covenant were the ones who fell for the whole forerunner gods thing, and they fell for it hard.

87598435209fc7b5d06a99b124fd8a27.png

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:44 PM

See you're still at it stark.

Good points, always suspected as such.

My idea is that covenant space is so vast, and so many species in the covenant, that there are heretics (PURGE THEM) here and there.

Do the kig yar and brutes are all so devout. We know that there are unggoy that are deacons, but how easily can they be won over?

• Crisiss likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 war5444

war5444

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationONI, Sydney

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

See you're still at it stark.

Good points, always suspected as such.

My idea is that covenant space is so vast, and so many species in the covenant, that there are heretics (PURGE THEM) here and there.

Do the kig yar and brutes are all so devout. We know that there are unggoy that are deacons, but how easily can they be won over?

Remember in the Kilo-Five books that when Jul teleports to a Elite world, the hinge heads there didn't know the great schism even happened.

#7 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:44 AM

Remember in the Kilo-Five books that when Jul teleports to a Elite world, the hinge heads there didn't know the great schism even happened.

Exacto

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users