• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deltahalo241

deltahalo241

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

So I just got the Trinity edition of the game on disc, and before installing the mod I just wanted to check to see if there was anything that I needed to look out for, if there were any issues or if I needed any other expansion in order for the mod to work.

#2 SternuS

SternuS

Playtester of the poor

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,806 posts
  • Steam:SternuS
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

So I just got the Trinity edition of the game on disc, and before installing the mod I just wanted to check to see if there was anything that I needed to look out for, if there were any issues or if I needed any other expansion in order for the mod to work.

I think you do not need an "expansion", but a different game. The mod is for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, which is not inside the Trinity collection.

I thought we made that pretty clear, I'm sorry if you bought the wrong edition. Rebellion is currently on sale on Steam for about $10.

c048b5cb018d634cb3a0d9bd3617eb50-d547q01

Peter Jackson, 27/07/2013: 1.08 am. A 20 hour day ... 15 years of Tolkien ... 771 days of shooting ...

"We would be fools to pursue the impossible simply because you believe the achievable is flawed" - Ugin

#3 deltahalo241

deltahalo241

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

I think you do not need an "expansion", but a different game. The mod is for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, which is not inside the Trinity collection.

I thought we made that pretty clear, I'm sorry if you bought the wrong edition. Rebellion is currently on sale on Steam for about $10.

It's fine, I'll look into it a bit more and see if I need to get the other disc. I got Trinity because it was selling for £1.50 at a second hand shop, so it's not like I've wasted money.

#4 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:12 PM

You need Rebellion to run the mod. Rebellion is a standalone game.

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#5 deltahalo241

deltahalo241

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

You need Rebellion to run the mod. Rebellion is a standalone game.

Thanks for informing me, I'll look into getting my hands on Rebellion, in the mean time I'll try to find some interesting mods for my version of the game.

#6 Lavo

Lavo

Grand Master Modder/Design Lead

• Mod Staff
  • 713 posts
  • LocationNot Uni's Basement

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for informing me, I'll look into getting my hands on Rebellion, in the mean time I'll try to find some interesting mods for my version of the game.

Trinity is dead as far as modding is concerned. Every single mod you will get is old and/or outdated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users