4 replies to this topic

#1 USMC_Motard

USMC_Motard

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hey ladies and gents, a few questions I figured I would throw out there just for curiosity purposes. What does everyone think the minimum requirements are for a system to avoid most/all lag issues with the mod and also what is the bar at which a systems specs need to be to run the mod on max setting and not encounter any lag as well. Figured this may help newer players who are looking to get or set up a system that runs this mod properly. I'm not talking about a system that will run this no problem but what do you think the specs should be to optimize gameplay with this mod. I'm looking into building multiple systems to run this game.

-Myers

#2 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hey ladies and gents, a few questions I figured I would throw out there just for curiosity purposes. What does everyone think the minimum requirements are for a system to avoid most/all lag issues with the mod and also what is the bar at which a systems specs need to be to run the mod on max setting and not encounter any lag as well. Figured this may help newer players who are looking to get or set up a system that runs this mod properly. I'm not talking about a system that will run this no problem but what do you think the specs should be to optimize gameplay with this mod. I'm looking into building multiple systems to run this game.

-Myers

Runs ok on min spec for current comps. 4GB ram and integrated graphics you'll be fine.

• OS: Windows 10 / 8 / Windows 7 SP1 / Windows Vista SP2 
  • Processor: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor or Equivalent 
  • Memory: 2 GB Available System Memory 
  • Graphics: 256 MB Video Card w/Pixel Shader 3.0 Support (Radeon X1650 / GeForce 
    6800* or Better) 
  • DirectX®: 9.0c 
  • Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space 
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card 
  • Other Requirements: Keyboard and Mouse (w/scroll wheel), Broadband Internet connection for Multiplayer 
  • * NVidia video chipsets must use driver version 296.10 or higher and mobile cards be set as the primary video chipset for the game. 

Thats minimum, and most computers today have the above specs at least.

But here are recommended specs:

• Processor: Intel Core i5/i7 Processor or Equivalent 
  • Memory: 4 GB Available System Memory 
  • Graphics: 1 GB Video Card w/Pixel Shader 3.0 Support (Radeon X3000 Series / GeForce 8000* Series or Better) 

But they're a bit overboard asking for I5.

there may be additional requirements for Large address aware if you want to run that alongside the mod.

• USMC_Motard likes this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#3 USMC_Motard

USMC_Motard

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:12 AM

So the confusing part to me is why recommend more than a dual core processor when multithreading cant be optimally used. I'm running a FX8350, 16gb ddr3 and a Radeon ghost with 2gb ddr5. However having to build a few desktops I just wanted the minimum reqs and minimum reqs to be able to run on max settings so I appreciate the assistance Spectre.

#4 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:07 PM

You could literally runs sins on a smartphone. If you can't run the game you REALLY need to drop $200 on a shitty new notebook.
  • SPECTRE likes this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

Admin - I code stuff

• Administrators
  • 2,468 posts
  • Steam:sloosecannon
  • LocationThis dimension (right now...)

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

So the confusing part to me is why recommend more than a dual core processor when multithreading cant be optimally used. I'm running a FX8350, 16gb ddr3 and a Radeon ghost with 2gb ddr5. However having to build a few desktops I just wanted the minimum reqs and minimum reqs to be able to run on max settings so I appreciate the assistance Spectre.

Dual or greater allows the OS to live on one core and the game on another - In other words, the game and everything else in your system don't have to fight over a single core. There is a point of diminishing returns though - anything more than quad core is probably overkill for Sins. But running on a single-core processor is probably a very bad idea.
  • SPECTRE likes this
#define true false
//happy debugging suckers!!!!!

Notable SOTP forum/Steam chat quotes:

Spoiler

Donate to the forum! https://kd8rho.net/donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users