#1 Unikraken

Unikraken

친애하는 지도자

• Administrators
  • 2,910 posts
  • Steam:Unikraken
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

In the impromptu Q&A in the Steam group's chat Saturday, we fielded a lot of questions about the incoming hero system we're implementing on our road to SotP 1.0.

We showed some early concepts for a few ships, as well as articulated that most hero ships WILL have custom ships with unique designs. With the thought in mind that we're not limited by what ships are currently in the mod, what hero ships would you like to see show up and why? I will add the caveat that we're currently designing the system that will bring you the hero ships, so we're not super privvy to discuss the mechanics used. We want the system to be unique and not a carbon copy of how other mods have done it. So let's avoid asking too much about how exactly this will be brought about, k?

• SPECTRE and Idio like this

[10:46:02 PM] VDNKh: Piercing Lance
[10:46:11 PM] VDNKh: fitting name for the ship that just fucked me

"Unikraken can soothe any nasties."

#2 The

The

Crewman

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMspaint

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

Just some shitty ideas

Rtas 'Vadumee 

Prophet of Regret (An extensively modified CAS/OAS with fleet buffs.)

Captain Cutter (Focus on invading other planets with great efficiency)

Admiral Cole

Vice Admiral Stanforth

Captain Keyes (Oh come on you should've seen this coming.)

Mspaint artistry 

#3 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

Captain Keyes (Oh come on you should've seen this coming.)

You forgot Miranda Keyes Bruh.

Captain Lasky (hero infinity?)

YmSsY2C.png

#4 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

when suggesting something such as Captain Keyes please try to specify which ship, Keyes did pilot the Han diplomatic shuttle after all lol

• Unikraken likes this

87598435209fc7b5d06a99b124fd8a27.png

#5 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

Banned user who criticised terrorists

• Members
  • 3,455 posts
  • LocationANGLIA BRUV, HOME TO THE PRODIGY, NON CRIMINAL GANGSTAS AND FARMERS

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

when suggesting something such as Captain Keyes please try to specify which ship, Keyes did pilot the Han diplomatic shuttle after all lol

iroquois that red stripe, it maakes it go faster.

• SiRD31M0S and Sookendestroy1 like this

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#6 베이클라이트

베이클라이트

SPARTAN-I

• Contributor
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:57 PM

What about making different tiers of Keyes? Like first tier the desotryer second tier a normal halcyion or whatever and last tier pillar of autumm.

YmSsY2C.png

#7 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

What about making different tiers of Keyes? Like first tier the desotryer second tier a normal halcyion or whatever and last tier pillar of autumm.

Or just have the Iroquois and POA as their own hero ships and save that other slot for more ships. btw the red stripe does in fact make the Iroquois faster, everyone knows that.

#8 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

I'm guessing you want Hero ships to be, you know, unique. So I'm also assuming that you don't want too many of them, in which case can we get a general idea of how many you would be willing to add in for each factions? This means we can start considering...less known choices if the numbers permit.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#9 SiRD31M0S

SiRD31M0S

Forum Jester

• Authorized Playtester
  • 859 posts
  • Steam:sird31mos
  • LocationThe infinitesimal space between thoughts, on the cusp of uncountable instances of possibility.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

The biggest problem still seems like having hero ships that are more than just normal models with buffed stats. The only (canonical) ship I could imagine being a hero (i.e. being unique in a manner not already represented in the mod (Autumn-class)) would be a captured Ascendant Justice for the UNSC.

[Cortana] booted the new system she had devised to control the plasma. It used EM pulses a priori to align the stochastic motion of the plasma atoms, herding their trajectories and eleven degrees of electronic freedom into a laser-fine columnated beam within a microsecond.
     This was, of course, an entirely theoretical operation.
     She test-fired the three forward plasma turrets--red lines slashed across the black space and intercepted the three lead Covenant cruisers; their shields glowed orange, flickered, and boiled away, and the trio of beams punched clear through the ships.
     Cortana moved the plasma beams like a scalpel--up and then down--and cut the vessels in half.

Most others seem more whimsical than practical. Just my perception. Could be missing something though.

• Sookendestroy1 likes this

I am a naturally philosophical and industrious evil.

It's all or nothin' baby, it's never ever maybe

You think I might be crazy, but I gotta be ALL IN

Spoiler
Spoiler

#10 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

The biggest problem still seems like having hero ships that are more than just normal models with buffed stats. The only (canonical) ship I could imagine being a hero (i.e. being unique in a manner not already represented in the mod (Autumn-class)) would be a captured Ascendant Justice for the UNSC.

Most others seem more whimsical than practical. Just my perception. Could be missing something though.

While we're looking to introduce unique ships (many ships in the lore had upgrades and additions, The Autumn, Everest and many more) there more than likely will be atleast a few with the base models.

And WhiteHaloMango we're more just asking what the must have ships are that people think should be in the mod, and the answer is quite a few, though the specifics have not been decided

#11 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:29 PM

Seeing as we have the model for the Harvest Covenant Battleship we might as well use it, I think.

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

the OSS class Battleship, I agree however I dont believe the one encountered at harvest ever got a canon name

#13 Diezel23

Diezel23

Crewman Apprentice

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

I may be a bit selfish saying this since I did the voice for the Pheonix refit, but how about the Spirit of Fire?

#14 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

the red stripe does in fact make the Iroquois faster, everyone knows that.

if "The red stipe makes it go faster" is not a quote used when selecting the unit i will be dissapoint

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#15 SPECTRE

SPECTRE

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:47 PM

the red stripe does in fact make the Iroquois faster, everyone knows that.

if "The red stripe makes it go faster" is not a quote used when selecting the unit i will be dissapoint

the only issues i have is that hero units for the UNSC will get destroyed so quickly its benefits are really not worth it.

I'm back (temp)

Spoiler

#16 Whitehalomango

Whitehalomango

That One White Guy

• White Name
  • 1,141 posts
  • Steam:bluehalomango
  • LocationSydney HighCom Facility Bravo-6

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:20 AM

Ok then. Well to start the UNSC could have the Spirit of Fire, Pillar of Autumn, Point of No Return, Everest, In Amber Clad/Forward Unto Dawn, Gettysburg-Ascendant Justice or Trafalgar. They could also maybe have a Thermopylae supercarrier with ye old model? Thanatos anybody?

The Covenant could have Infinite Succor (boarding parties anybody?), Shadow of Intent, Truth and Reconciliation, Pious Inquisitor, Rapid Conversion(There's something brutey about this one I tell ya!), Solemn Penance and Song of Retribution.

I learn from the past, enjoy the present and look forward to the future.

Remember Off-Topic!

#17 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:30 AM

Ok then. Well to start the UNSC could have the Spirit of Fire, Pillar of Autumn, Point of No Return, Everest, In Amber Clad/Forward Unto Dawn, Gettysburg-Ascendant Justice or Trafalgar. They could also maybe have a Thermopylae supercarrier with ye old model? Thanatos anybody?

The Covenant could have Infinite Succor (boarding parties anybody?), Shadow of Intent, Truth and Reconciliation, Pious Inquisitor, Rapid Conversion(There's something brutey about this one I tell ya!), Solemn Penance and Song of Retribution.

Those are some pretty great suggestions, similar to some ideas we've had ourselves. The thermo isnt going to be a thing for the UNSC as we already have way too many carriers, though knowing cole he probably wont allow the Thanatos to die that easily.

Awesome to see some infinite Succor love, Rapid Conversion is a great suggestion, havent seen that one so far, adding that to the considerations.

#18 Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Fleet Admiral agigabyte

Necromancer Supreme, agig did 9/11 2015

• Authorized Playtester
  • 1,723 posts
  • Steam:Fleet Admiral agigabyte
  • LocationUNSC Skrubtester

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

I like the Thermopylae idea; I miss the thing. Maybe we can have it be slightly modified to have only 1 Hangar visually, with armor slapped over the others, thrn give it more health and only 1 fighter squadrob?

What about a retextured original Phoenix (jk don't kill)? Or a Gorgon? (Okay I'm done don't murder)

Maybe a Punic with shields (Throwback Tuesday)?
WE WILL RIP THEIR SKULLS FROM THEIR SPINES, AND TOSS THEM AWAY, LAUGHIN'!

Oh, I know what the ladies like... -Sarge Johnson

God have mercy on whatever alien race discovers this forum long after the human race destroys itself -Crisiss

Quotes from anywhere
Spoiler
[/quote]

#19 Crisiss

Crisiss

Trap Lord

• Authorized Playtester
  • 2,340 posts
  • LocationTrap House

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

I'm gonna make my opinion known that I *detest* "hero" ships that are just the same ships that have no exceptional characteristics but their commanders. If there are cases of this, they should only be ability upgrades, not ship upgrades. Like "Keyes Loop" or something.
  • SPECTRE and SiRD31M0S like this

Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear - Marcus Aurelius

Spoiler

Spoiler

#20 Sookendestroy1

Sookendestroy1

3D Artist

• Mod Staff
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

I like the Thermopylae idea; I miss the thing. Maybe we can have it be slightly modified to have only 1 Hangar visually, with armor slapped over the others, thrn give it more health and only 1 fighter squadrob?

What about a retextured original Phoenix (jk don't kill)? Or a Gorgon? (Okay I'm done don't murder)

Maybe a Punic with shields (Throwback Tuesday)?

Doubt we will include the Thermopylae in that way, if we wanted to have something of that role we would give it a significant upgrade.

Have you seen the moddb image? SOF over the Ark, also Box ship is Box but the gorgon is an interesting concept for a unique ship.

Shields = Post war, everyone will get their fill of shields.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users